Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Agile Vector posted:

also no shade to anyone watching a cartoon as an adult as long as its not as a tool for escapist regression fantasy. or like some weird perv thing or raunchy animation; poo poo aint fritz the cat or heavy metal anymore

i watch a ton of garbage, but lmao at making it my personality

e: ps i think its called Steffen Univers in danish and if it isnt it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

'Fannish' is a way worse word than fandom

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

I'm a fan of pandas.

i appreciated them back before they were banned by some horrible idiot.

at least i assume that's why you stopped posting them

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
I don't really like wojack poo poo but discovering this image template really forever cemented my mental image of self-described "fans"
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/soyjak-shows-his-phone

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

shoeberto posted:

I don't really like wojack poo poo but discovering this image template really forever cemented my mental image of self-described "fans"
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/soyjak-shows-his-phone
hey so, what's wojack

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
a ms paint meme face

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the guy making the :lolplant: face but with a beard and glasses.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
what's wojack with you

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Kenny Logins posted:

hey so, what's wojack

elmer fudd's antitheft device

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Kenny Logins posted:

hey so, what's wojack

its u

:c00lbert:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

duz posted:

oh gently caress you

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

duz posted:

:laffo:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

TOOT BOOT posted:

'Fannish' is a way worse word than fandom

I also like how "stan" now means "really enthusiastic fan" instead of the original meaning of "dangerously obsessed fan"

duz posted:

:bravo:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i mean, "fanatic"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

I also like how
:haibrow:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

duz posted:

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Real talk, alt-right 4chan shitheads love wojack so I really hate associating with it, but soyjack showing his phone is just too good. Mods please don't ban me.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean virgin/chad is from 4chan and is literally an mra/incel thing originally but it's just so good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

imo you can use wojack or pepe or whatever as long as you subvert the 4chan usages and make them good instead of evil

memetic warfare, feels good man

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 3, 2021

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Carthag Tuek posted:

i mean, "fanatic"

the philadelphia sport enjoyer

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

man season 2 of altered cabrón is a mess but i really want a poe spin-off now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Agile Vector posted:

man season 2 of altered cabrón is a mess but i really want a poe spin-off now
i loving loved 1 but yea 2 was real bad except for poe + fempoe. a show usually has to make it several seasons to get a spinoff potential.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Poe rules

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

Richard Donner Confirms He Will Direct Lethal Weapon 5!
Even at 90, Richard Donner is not too old for this sh*t! At least when it comes to teaming up with Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, who will return to star in one final Lethal Weapon film. Donner revealed as much in an interview with The Telegraph, and confirmed that he will indeed direct Riggs and Murtaugh’s final outing.

“This is the final one,” Donner said. “It’s both my privilege and duty to put it to bed. It’s exciting, actually… Hahaha! It’s the last one, I’ll promise you that.”

The Lethal Weapon franchise began in 1987 and has since spawned four films, the last being Lethal Weapon 4 way back in 1998. That film ultimately grossed $285 million at the box office (against a massive $100-150 million budget), but score lukewarm reviews and reactions from critics and audiences alike. Hopefully, Donner has enough juice left to give us something more along the lines of Lethal Weapon 2 so the series can go out with a bang.

Thinkin' about how much juice a 90yr old has :hmmyes:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Thinkin' about how much juice a 90yr old has :hmmyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv0CgSfmWxc

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
old skeletons talkin about juice in 2020 lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlQy6MKIbVQ

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
well the last time we let a super old director resurrect a classic action franchise with a focus on "juice" we got a pretty good movie out of it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
this is a long scene, but it's my favourite tarantino scene because it reminds me of my neighbourhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q59uLvvZWdM

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

wonder if the new lethal weapon will also be garbage

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh-7WQr_daM

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Sagebrush posted:

i appreciated them back before they were banned by some horrible idiot.

at least i assume that's why you stopped posting them

I bought into something ralp was trying to do about getting more content in certain forums so I started a giant thread in Pet Island and it's still going. I don't have time to engage the way I used to anymore though. I do post lots of pandas on my twitter @SilverAlicorn but I'm also an unrepentant furry on there so ymmv

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh hey i just saw that the one guy to survive the mass layoff at cracked, david wong/jason pargin, came out with a sequel to his not-john dies at the end novel in october

the first one, futuristic violence and fancy suits, was supposed to get in development for a tv show adaptation but i guess that collapsed

eeehhhhhhh idk

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

why would you let a ninety year old direct something. why would a ninety year old want to direct something

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i actually liked his first one, it takes place in the lovely capitalist future and mostly is set in a libertarian caricature future-vegas-city-state

but it kinda seems to split the difference between mocking and taking seriously libertarian nonsense and toxic masculinity

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7EB4ZYWKYI

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
babbies love milk tho

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

babies love milk. adults love milkers.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it's kinda gross when they're actually producing milk fyi

also if you spill it in the fridge

(it has waaaaay more fats and sugars than any other animal milk, it's oily and sticky and more difficult to clean)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

[whispering to date while watching metal gear solid when solid snake first appears on the screen] that's solid snake