Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

there's a handful of missions with bonuses for being non-lethal but yea it's a rp choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Some of them are even hidden, like there won’t be a specific objective not to kill anyone but you’ll still get a bonus if you don’t. Otherwise though yeah, it’s RP and a lot of dialogue will change too

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

In fact for all the poo poo in the game about non-lethality I can’t figure out a reason you would leave someone alive rather than dead, at least as far as grunts are concerned. It just costs more money to be non lethal but it seems to be merely a RP choice. If it effects stuff down the line don’t spoil it but I’m bouncing between too many saves at the mome to see it myself while I find a build I want to complete the game with. Just let a brotha know.

the two easy non-lethal quickhacks (contagion and overheat) are the easiest way to clear a dungeon for me, playing a sneaking build. there are a few missions that require non-lethal kills (including all the cyberpsycho ones and a lot of the "klep something" ones, but other than that, i don't think there's any gameplay reason for doing it. i have maxed out street cred and my sneak/quickhacking are both at like 15 - i don't think non-lethal KOs via quickhacks are worth less skill xp or street cred.

there's functionally no difference between knocking someone out from contagion or by a lethal quickhack, though, most of the time. they still just present as corpses to loot and they never get up, so people doing it for the roleplaying or whatever aren't really getting much.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Some of them are even hidden, like there won’t be a specific objective not to kill anyone but you’ll still get a bonus if you don’t. Otherwise though yeah, it’s RP and a lot of dialogue will change too

yeah, there's this too. i never can tell when they want me to do it so unless i seem to be explicitly on a "sure, kill them" mission, i just always try to take people out with contagion and sometimes add a little overheat if they're loaded with HP. it's the most fun quickhack anyway. i get a lot of bonus "pick up an extra reward from the drop point" tag-ons, which as far as i can tell is always just extra money, street cred and XP, and never a unique reward.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I been doing melee takedowns. Something I noticed from lethal play throughs is that if I finish off someone laying down is I get an XP and SC pop up, whether I was ever discovered or once combat mode has been over.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I been doing melee takedowns. Something I noticed from lethal play throughs is that if I finish off someone laying down is I get an XP and SC pop up, whether I was ever discovered or once combat mode has been over.

yeah, that's how it works for me. lol if you don't get the same xp for melee takedowns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think I miss out if I don’t finish them off. Which is wtf. Make me use my trunk or something and cash in the bounty alive then. Maybe make it so you want to upgrade your trunk space. Do something with the gameplay for god sake. Pure headcanon RP is fail. IMO.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I think I miss out if I don’t finish them off. Which is wtf. Make me use my trunk or something and cash in the bounty alive then. Maybe make it so you want to upgrade your trunk space. Do something with the gameplay for god sake. Pure headcanon RP is fail. IMO.

yeah, that feels like the kind of relatively minor oversight they'd have fixed with a quick patch if this were The Witcher 3, but for this game they're going to have to focus on "getting the game back on the playstation store and fixing the save bricking glitch" lol

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ping and a tech sniper rifle are a hilarious and effective combination

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

i slept on ping for way too long, just highlighting all of the dudes in red is a great help

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Jenny Agutter posted:

I like ping and the burya revolver because taking out apartments of weak thugs through the walls makes me feel like im roy batty using deckards gun

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I want the car to drive itself while it gets stuck in a mile long traffic jam because two cars tried to turn left at a light and i look up at the sunroof and lament night city drivers

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

according to the grey thread armor is messed up and doesn't do anything on hard difficulty, as much fun as sneaking around with quickhacks is i think my next playthrough will be on normal so i can try out mantis blades, monowire etc. without getting instantly owned

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bar tender rag polishing and blowing on a full glass of whiskey as he tilts it around and rotates it sideways in his hand

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

according to the grey thread armor is messed up and doesn't do anything on hard difficulty, as much fun as sneaking around with quickhacks is i think my next playthrough will be on normal so i can try out mantis blades, monowire etc. without getting instantly owned

Yea on Very hard it has felt exactly the same getting punched by a punching mission guy or shot by a same level as me guy whether I’m wearing the legendary 200 armor implant or not.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

Bar tender rag polishing and blowing on a full glass of whiskey as he tilts it around and rotates it sideways in his hand

I saw a guy pay for a beverage with a backwards SMG a couple nights ago.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jenny Agutter posted:

I don’t believe this because I was soft all game then I crafted a bunch of armadillos and put them into my armor and now I’m unstoppable.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Goons from Games are loving weak. They can’t play a game without “before I play dot com” and three thousand wiki tabs open on their second monitors. They’re loving pussies who cry when the cyber cock duping exploit gets patched out. I don’t believe their pathetic lies.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In my experience unless the enemies were scaling it certainly feels like that on Very Hard.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If the enemies scale then that’s fail. Staying ahead of the curve essentially for the sake of it is an assy feel.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

In my experience unless the enemies were scaling it certainly feels like that on Very Hard.

Craft some armadillos and put them into your clothes and see what difference it makes. I read somewhere that it takes 40 points of armour to negate one point of damage so youre basically gonna get one shot even with piles of armour , so you need to pair it with perks and cyber ware. I like it because I’ve put effort into making my guy tanky and now he is.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If the difference between 40 and 240 is negligible what the gently caress difference is a 20 armor armadillo gonna make dude. Are you even reading.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

If the difference between 40 and 240 is negligible what the gently caress difference is a 20 armor armadillo gonna make dude. Are you even reading.

You can slot in about 10 of them and they take only a few uncommon crafting components to make. It adds up to the thousands of armor with hardly any crafting skill.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Goons from Games are loving weak. They can’t play a game without “before I play dot com” and three thousand wiki tabs open on their second monitors. They’re loving pussies who cry when the cyber cock duping exploit gets patched out. I don’t believe their pathetic lies.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Craft some armadillos and put them into your clothes and see what difference it makes. I read somewhere that it takes 40 points of armour to negate one point of damage so youre basically gonna get one shot even with piles of armour , so you need to pair it with perks and cyber ware. I like it because I’ve put effort into making my guy tanky and now he is.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can slot in about 10 of them and they take only a few uncommon crafting components to make. It adds up to the thousands of armor with hardly any crafting skill.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Crafting wisely using a games systems is strong and intelligent behaviour. gently caress you.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I think that even as crazy as tech gets in fifty whole years (wow i bet well hAve flying cars by then) they wont be able to stop bullets from going through old denim and leather hotpants, so the way armor works on higher difficulties seems fine

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s about the gameplay choice you make rather than the immersion. As it is it seems almost like a waste of resources to try to stay on top of your armor so it’s like a whole part of the game is gone. That said I’m just basing it on the time I spent 40000 on a 200 armor implant or whatever and it didn’t seem to do anything but I haven’t played very far. Maybe it’s the difference between getting one shotted and having 5 HP left on very hard and that’s all it’s supposed to be.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just wish one of the 4 huge stat screens actually explained what the hell armor even does. Why have all the information available but obscure random poo poo.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also lore wise they name the denim hot pants "Aramid Weave Titanium Double Diamond Filament Kabuki Pants" so unless the lore is that it's all just a marketing sham, even on what appears to be legitimate ballistic chest plates and poo poo, there's a reason to believe the clothes would do something.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wormskull posted:

I just wish one of the 4 huge stat screens actually explained what the hell armor even does. Why have all the information available but obscure random poo poo.

When I writing those posts earlier I found a section called “database” in the journal that explains all the game concepts, including armour. It’s buried so deep and in a weird section though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When I writing those posts earlier I found a section called “database” in the journal that explains all the game concepts, including armour. It’s buried so deep and in a weird section though.

Games Goons open up spread sheets and google 500 articles before playing the game.

Imp Zone goons open up spread sheets and google 500 articles before hyberbolically flameing someone about RP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

On a different note you can double jump over the fence that blocks you in at the end of the Heist and then walk around the city without being able to take your gun out or sprint.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jenny Agutter posted:

Mantis Blades on normal are incredibly easy lol. I don't even use the strong attacks anymore cos it will always 1hit kill someone which triggers that long rear end animation every time. It kinda sucks tbh, but it's still super fun running into a crowd of enemies and leaving severed heads/limbs everywhere. Highly recommended build.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In fact, the only times I've died in the game is when I'm going HAM and accidentally hit a gas can and explode.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm reading the database and it's out of date. For example it says every 3 levels you get an attribute. Sheesh, can you imagine.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

I'm reading the database

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Whatever it says in the stats screen is just wrong too. I figured out that my armor wasn’t increasing from levelling tech, but when I changed my pants I had been wearing for 20 hours it went from 1000+ to over 3000 because all the armor gains updated at once

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Check out the epic 2007 Goon style bios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009