Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I think he stinks and we need to move on quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

What does next year's QB class look like? I think you assume if Drew Lock is that bad you'll probably be picking in the top 10 next year and looking at a few mocks it looks like right now they'd be taking the third or fourth guy off the board right now

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Power of Pecota posted:

What does next year's QB class look like? I think you assume if Drew Lock is that bad you'll probably be picking in the top 10 next year and looking at a few mocks it looks like right now they'd be taking the third or fourth guy off the board right now

I figure Spencer Rattler has a good chance to be in the discussion based solely on playing for Lincoln Riley and expecting him to improve on an already decent/good year.

Glancing at a couple of lists and I like this year a lot more, but I'm not as plugged into prospects as I used to be. I mean, also assuming nothing completely insane like Lawrence and Fields going back to school happens .

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Since they're keeping the coaching staff, my preference would be they keep Lock as well.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

indigi posted:

Chiefs are frauds tbh

Never count out Pouchdown Pat

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Drew Lock sucks, but Elway is always going to try to overachieve to keep his stupid job. In result they will never achieve enough, but win just enough games to never land a Trevor Lawrence.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LiquidFriend posted:

Drew Lock sucks, but Elway is always going to try to overachieve to keep his stupid job. In result they will never achieve enough, but win just enough games to never land a Trevor Lawrence.

That's the best part. There's no one in that organization who can fire Elway so he can do this forever.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1344456092240121856

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

LiquidFriend posted:

I agree, you'll never be able to draft a good qb at the 10 spot

a neat cape posted:

That's the best part. There's no one in that organization who can fire Elway so he can do this forever.

I mean, it's still better then the Raiders and Chargers situations during the same period of time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I mean, it's still better then the Raiders and Chargers situations during the same period of time.

Yeah but Denver has been a model organization for all their history.

The Chargers have always been a trash fire organization

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Memories:

https://twitter.com/EthanCDouglas/status/1345533382961156097

e: Moses Moreno. The legend of Bruce Gradkowski. Tyler goddamned Palko. There's a lot there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
There's one person missing from the Broncos' list

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Imagining Hinton wasn't listed as a QB in whatever database they're pulling that from.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Memories:

https://twitter.com/EthanCDouglas/status/1345533382961156097

e: Moses Moreno. The legend of Bruce Gradkowski. Tyler goddamned Palko. There's a lot there.

Half the Chargers list was 99-00 only

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
That list reminds me of when Aaron Brooks lined up behind the guard instead of the center. Pretty sure he was a Saint then but it's still hilarious.

The Chargers wasting 2 HoF QB's is funny but that's probably going to end soon if they ever get their poo poo together. It still boggles my mind that they fired a 14-2 coach, like what the gently caress.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

That list reminds me of when Aaron Brooks lined up behind the guard instead of the center. Pretty sure he was a Saint then but it's still hilarious.

The Chargers wasting 2 HoF QB's is funny but that's probably going to end soon if they ever get their poo poo together. It still boggles my mind that they fired a 14-2 coach, like what the gently caress.

Two?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I assume Philip eventually gets in on pure numbers one day.

alternatively, yeah Brees wasn't HoF level as a Charger but whatever, shame on them for not seeing it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

I assume Philip eventually gets in on pure numbers one day.

alternatively, yeah Brees wasn't HoF level as a Charger but whatever, shame on them for not seeing it.

Yeah I was more referring to Brees. We just broke him before we could waste him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Black Sunshine posted:

there's also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WpleexzYJk

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I think he did something similar while on the Raiders, or took like a 30+ yard sack after running straight backwards a while immediately after the snap cause someone broke through the line.

Another one I remember in particular was desperation throwing it to avoid a sack, ending up throwing a nearly vertical fly ball. Defense (I think Chiefs?) got a pick cause they straight up mugged the receiver (I want to say Louis Murphy) way before it came down, but no flag cause it was presumed a deflected ball. Replays showed it wasn’t, Brooks just got twisted around while getting tackled and cleanly chucked it way up there as he was going down.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Could be a real problem if John Elway had any idea what a good QB looked like.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Could be a real problem if John Elway had any idea what a good QB looked like.

The Chargers taking his ideal QB last year is very good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers taking his ideal QB last year is very good

It would be a complete nightmare if Denver had taken Herbert

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I'm not going to crown Lock but this coaching staff would not have produced the current Herbert

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I'm not sure if we would be getting the same Justin Herbert if he was coached by...Mike Shula :geno:

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/1345896469245685766

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Raiders-Broncos was a pretty embarrassing game for both teams and I don't think we should let either team off the hook by quietly forgetting it.

Remember that time the Raiders were going to take a delay of game penalty on the game winning two point conversation but Vic Fangio bailed them out and burned his final timeout for no reason?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Simplex posted:

Raiders-Broncos was a pretty embarrassing game for both teams and I don't think we should let either team off the hook by quietly forgetting it.

Remember that time the Raiders were going to take a delay of game penalty on the game winning two point conversation but Vic Fangio bailed them out and burned his final timeout for no reason?
Hell before that when it was 4th & Goal and the Raiders had no timeouts Fangio insisted on calling one for...reasons?

Kinda funny that the Broncos' season was bookended by games where Fangio bungled his timeouts.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Fangio is trash, the Broncos need to fire him so he can be the new DC in Vegas.

also, props to Waller breaking the franchise record for receptions in a season. When you pass up Tim Brown for anything Raiders related, you're doing pretty drat good. Dude is a goddamn beast and I'm so happy he got signed long-term last year.

Carlson also had a really good year and beat out Seabass for most points in a season which is insane considering he was the best offensive weapon we had for so many years. The team MVP's for about a decade were Seabass and Lechler, lol.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 4, 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/chrishayre/status/1345881266499948549

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

:laugh: if that game saved Lynn

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

If any game saved Lynn it wasn't the one where the other team played backups.

It was the three before it.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Hell before that when it was 4th & Goal and the Raiders had no timeouts Fangio insisted on calling one for...reasons?

The first one is probably the right move in a vacuum. If the Raiders don't convert it's game over regardless, but if they do tie the game or take the lead you want to preserve clock so that you have a chance to respond.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Not so much.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1346134866987986949

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1346155629245845506?s=21

https://twitter.com/barleyhop/status/1346157899400310784?s=21

modern medicine + world class athlete

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Broncos have fired their GM

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Broncos have fired their GM

"Fired"

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1346187968466350094?s=19

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Convince Peyton to play for you, take credit for the SB win

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

kiimo posted:

Convince Peyton to play for you, take credit for the SB win

I mean... it's so weird, because that was the plan, and it almost worked (but for Flacco OT magic and then the Legion of Boom). Then Peyton broke down and somehow the defense carried them through? I can't remember (and am too lazy to check) how much credit Elway can take for assembling that squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rooster Brooster posted:

I can't remember (and am too lazy to check) how much credit Elway can take for assembling that squad.
He can take a lot of credit, if not all of it. Apparently the reason he was good at building a defense is because he knew exactly what type of players gave him fits during his playing career.