Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

waah posted:

I still don't understand the ending or really half the stuff that happened on the final mission. I tried looking it up but no one broke it down Barney style for me so I just gave up and assumed either the other routes explain it, or I just am not meant to know.

Unrelated video game news but cool as hell.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1345615588106780672?s=20

Yeah, it's very bizarre because there's definitely multiple plot threads that just don't get answered just so there can be a relatively clean resolution to Dmitri's character arc. Like, uhhh, are y'all not gonna explain why there's clearly a whole-rear end conspiracy centered around Byleth, Rhea, and probably Dmitri and Edelgard? What happened to his stepmom? Hell, what about the offhand reference Edelgard makes before the final battle to having died once already???. I'm presuming these points are the crux of the Black Eagle route.

A spoiler-free thread I saw generally came to a consensus that the "best" way to do the story in terms of plot details is Lions > Deer > Eagles, so I'm going to do that, but they also referenced a fourth "Church" route that can be accessed that should be done either right where I am or after Deer? I'm mad confused right now.

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Manoueverable posted:

Yeah, it's very bizarre because there's definitely multiple plot threads that just don't get answered just so there can be a relatively clean resolution to Dmitri's character arc. Like, uhhh, are y'all not gonna explain why there's clearly a whole-rear end conspiracy centered around Byleth, Rhea, and probably Dmitri and Edelgard? What happened to his stepmom? Hell, what about the offhand reference Edelgard makes before the final battle to having died once already???. I'm presuming these points are the crux of the Black Eagle route.

A spoiler-free guide I saw generally came to a consensus that the "best" way to do the story in terms of plot details is Lions > Deer > Eagles, so I'm going to do that, but they also referenced a fourth route that can be accessed that should be done either right where I am or after Deer? I'm mad confused right now.

There is a fourth route that can be accessed if you choose Black Eagles.

Siding with Edelgard leads you down the Black Eagle route, siding against her leads you down the Church route

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Where do you rank The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle on the list on Murakami books? Not in terms of weird sex stuff specifically but in general.

It’s hard for me to give a totally clear-eyed assessment of WUBC because it was the second book of his I read but the first I actually “got” (the first was Wild Sheep Chase because an old puzzle game that afaik has fallen by the internet wayside referenced it), so I’m inclined to like it more. Still, I said in the last thread when he was brought up that Murakami’s strength is writing stories that evoke a mood and I think WUBC is one of the best at doing that.

CannonFodder posted:

KAFKA

ON

THE

SHORES

This is one of the few of his books that I haven’t read yet. I have this and Killing Commendatore on my bookshelf to read this year and then I’m done except for some of his non-fiction stuff.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Thaddius the Large posted:

I don't know about this stuff but he's on a podcast about excruciating minutia in pop culture and history with Jeopardy legend Ken Jennings and it's pretty darn good, a solid hour of terrible dad jokes mixed in with weirdly fascinating dives.
Last week I heard the live podcast where they were supposed to talk about Yngwie Malmsteen and they don't actually get to Malmsteen until they ran over their hour long time limit.

Their show on the 222-0 Georgia Tech VS Cumberland game went an hour long and they got to the football part at like 45 minutes. Gonna go watch the Pretty Good about that game, right now.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

a neat cape posted:

There is a fourth route that can be accessed if you choose Black Eagles.

Siding with Edelgard leads you down the Black Eagle route, siding against her leads you down the Church route

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy on this and that makes sense that Black Eagles is split in two.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Freaquency posted:

It’s hard for me to give a totally clear-eyed assessment of WUBC because it was the second book of his I read but the first I actually “got” (the first was Wild Sheep Chase because an old puzzle game that afaik has fallen by the internet wayside referenced it), so I’m inclined to like it more. Still, I said in the last thread when he was brought up that Murakami’s strength is writing stories that evoke a mood and I think WUBC is one of the best at doing that.

This was also the second Murakami book that I read (Colorless Tsukuru being my first) and it almost completely turned me off of ever reading anything else of his again lol. Maybe I'll give him another shot someday but that was last year and I haven't had to force myself through a book in that way since I was in school. I wanted to hear your thoughts to see if I just bit off more than I could chew.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 3, 2021

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1345792166715600897?s=21

tarrrrrrrrump

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I'm home, relaxing in my recliner and breathing fresh air. :unsmith:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Cobra Kai S3 was amazing. Way better than S2 and I cannot wait for S4 now.

e:

Timby posted:

Awesome! Congrats Timby.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

Congrats man

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Timby posted:

Feels good man

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

This was also the second Murakami book that I read (Colorless Tsukuru being my first) and it almost completely turned me off of ever reading anything else of his again lol. Maybe I'll give him another shot someday but that was last year and I haven't had to force myself through a book in that way since I was in school.

Try out 1Q84 - it still has some of the dreamlike, ethereal writing that I like in his books, but it’s much more plot-driven then a lot of his other works. It is long (the copy I have is over 1100 pages) but it was published initially as 3 separate books and is broken up accordingly, which makes it easier to manage. I’d also recommend A Wild Sheep Chase - it is weird but it’s still an entertaining read.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Timby posted:

Wonderful news!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

he really believes that people can just flip votes.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hot drat he is desperate

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1345796238722129923?s=09

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Timby posted:

Awesome news Timby!

I wish the GA Sec would've just said, "You lost, Mr President."

For people that scream that the election is rigged, there's audio proof that they're trying to rig it right there. I know, projection and all, but poo poo.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Silly Burrito posted:

Awesome news Timby!

For people that scream that the election is rigged, there's audio proof that they're trying to rig it right there. I know, projection and all, but poo poo.

Well you see, Trump actually won by 100,000 votes in Georgia, but that dastardly Secretary of State is hiding them! This is what they actually believe.

I can’t wait for January 21st.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

:same:

Bird in a Blender posted:

:same:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Awesome news Timby!

"Well Mr. President, the challenge that you have is the data you have is wrong." made me laugh pretty hard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Lead singer of Harvey Danger makes his small daughter sort out a can opener by herself FOR SIX HOURS

https://twitter.com/johnroderick/status/1345508384011816960?s=19

i was very confused until i looked it up and discovered he was not in the band for The One Harvey Danger Song Anyone Knows

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Why is anyone surprised he thinks you can flip votes? If there is even an inkling of truth to there being intrusions into the 2016 election, then he probably did have votes flipped at one time. Dude's trying to get away with it because he got away with it before.

Sure would've been nice if that Sec had said

Silly Burrito posted:

"You lost, Mr President."

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Timby posted:

Congrats dude :woop:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Good to hear Timby!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Thanks, y'all. I was actually kind of stunned when I was looking through my discharge summary and saw that it was more than just pancreatitis and kidney issues that they hospitalized me for:

- Severe sepsis / potential septic shock
- Necrotizing pancreatitis recurrence
- Acute on chronic blood loss anemia
- Chronic thrombosis of splenic vein
- IgA nephropathy, chronic
- Steroid-induced hyperglycemia
- B12 deficiency
- Essential hypertension
- Acute pancytopenia

Like, Jesus Christ, that's a hell of a laundry list of issues.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bird in a Blender posted:

Well you see, Trump actually won by 100,000 votes in Georgia, but that dastardly Secretary of State is hiding them! This is what they actually believe.

Gotta get through January 6th first :v:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Timby posted:

Thanks, y'all. I was actually kind of stunned when I was looking through my discharge summary and saw that it was more than just pancreatitis and kidney issues that they hospitalized me for:

- B12 deficiency
- Essential hypertension
- Acute pancytopenia

Just put some Tussin on it.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

- B12 deficiency
- Essential hypertension
- Acute pancytopenia

I mean, I've been to Meriter, they're great, but have you considered just rubbing some dirt on it?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Timby posted:

- B12 deficiency
- Essential hypertension
- Acute pancytopenia

I feel terrible for asking this but how did you even get to the point of having so many issues?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

- B12 deficiency
- Essential hypertension
- Acute pancytopenia

<House staring at a whiteboard then pointing at Chase who says: Lupus?>

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
A lot of those are chronic issues that stem from essentially a single issue. Anytime you enter a hospital, the discharge diagnoses also include whatever chronic issues you have.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

A lot of those are chronic issues that stem from essentially a single issue. Anytime you enter a hospital, the discharge diagnoses also include whatever chronic issues you have.

Right. A lot of my health issues stem from years spent in a swimming pool of vodka, even though I went into rehab in March 2009. (Seriously, y'all, if you think you might have a drinking problem, do something about it, because you will pay for it down the road.) The pancreatitis first reared its head last year and it was exacerbated by lovely diet. My blood clotting issues and my nephropathy are both genetically inherited, and the treatment for the nephropathy is the source of the sepsis and the pancytopenia (and the steroid-induced hyperglycemia, because I'm on 60mg of prednisone daily as part of the treatment for my kidneys).

Y'all saw the giant mass of poo poo that is my left arm from the botched blood transfusion; you don't want to see how beat up my right arm is from two weeks of blood draws and lab work. :barf:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

drat Timby, glad you came through ok. That’s a hell of a laundry list you’ve got.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/GIJoeyJoeJoe/status/1345825092979200000?s=19

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Timby posted:

Right. A lot of my health issues stem from years spent in a swimming pool of vodka, even though I went into rehab in March 2009. (Seriously, y'all, if you think you might have a drinking problem, do something about it, because you will pay for it down the road.) The pancreatitis first reared its head last year and it was exacerbated by lovely diet. My blood clotting issues and my nephropathy are both genetically inherited, and the treatment for the nephropathy is the source of the sepsis and the pancytopenia (and the steroid-induced hyperglycemia, because I'm on 60mg of prednisone daily as part of the treatment for my kidneys).

Y'all saw the giant mass of poo poo that is my left arm from the botched blood transfusion; you don't want to see how beat up my right arm is from two weeks of blood draws and lab work. :barf:

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you drinking? I've been drinking more in quarantine, but I'm not like... getting pitch black drunk. I went from 1 drink a day to 2-3, and finally told myself its time to drop it down to only 5 a week.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

seiferguy posted:

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you drinking? I've been drinking more in quarantine, but I'm not like... getting pitch black drunk. I went from 1 drink a day to 2-3, and finally told myself its time to drop it down to only 5 a week.

Before my ex-wife and my best friend hauled me into the psych ward on a civil commitment on March 23, 2009, I was easily consuming 32 ounces of vodka a day.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

C-Euro posted:

Gotta get through January 6th first :v:

I'm in the DC area and I'm definitely dreading Wednesday, it could get bad here

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Timby posted:

Before my ex-wife and my best friend hauled me into the psych ward on a civil commitment on March 23, 2009, I was easily consuming 32 ounces of vodka a day.

That's rough. I lost a cousin at 34 who drank himself to death - he never got help until his body went into shock and his parents took him to the hospital since he couldn't refuse. But it was too late at that point :(

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

seiferguy posted:

That's rough. I lost a cousin at 34 who drank himself to death - he never got help until his body went into shock and his parents took him to the hospital since he couldn't refuse. But it was too late at that point :(

I've transported multiple folks, multiple times each, with .35+ BACs that are pleading for help. There isn't really a drat thing we can do since the hospital sobers them up and they change their mind, saying they don't need help and didn't mean it when they said they did.

It's heartbreaking.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Timby posted:

drat, dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I've transported multiple folks, multiple times each, with .35+ BACs that are pleading for help. There isn't really a drat thing we can do since the hospital sobers them up and they change their mind, saying they don't need help and didn't mean it when they said they did.

It's heartbreaking.

Y’all banned Man With Dog. Stick by the decision.