Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

numbr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
new thread, very cool and good

just have to remember to get my mail forwarded from the old thread

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man
remember for the new thread: number cannot fail, number can only be failed

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

low prices friends!

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

bagual posted:

https://i.imgur.com/BtgZ6Ce.mp4

mandatory marx mandate

guys are we in one of those crazy spikes up uP UP? lol

I love this webm and am curious, how much do we actually know about how much the rate of profit is falling over time? Does shady accounting by corporations, tax dodging, offshore accounts in the caymans and so on obfuscate a lot of this information?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

thalweg posted:

I love this webm and am curious, how much do we actually know about how much the rate of profit is falling over time? Does shady accounting by corporations, tax dodging, offshore accounts in the caymans and so on obfuscate a lot of this information?

no one bothers to track it except like 75 year old marxist economists so who knows exactly, but all the symptoms are there

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Low prices!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
low prices, friends!

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
remember to buy the dip!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Marx was wrong. Capitalism can expand forever.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

At least as long as the money they pay to their armed guards has any purchasing power.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Mr Hootington posted:

in a thousand years the solar system will be converted to a dyson swarm dedicated to mining bitcoin

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Marx failed to consider cryptocurrency

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Mr Hootington posted:

foreverially endofhistoricized and loving it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

thats not candy posted:

i don't understand what you're supposed to do after you start printing money at that rate. we picked up the pace after 2008 crash and never stopped and then threw it into overdrive in march and continue to increase

after post-2008 QE the plan was that the fed would release memos every three months saying that they may slow down the money printers some time soon so businesses should stop taking out loans to buy back their stock and ought to start investing in something sustainable so we can get back on track. they were essentially trying to trick businesses into weaning themselves off the money spigot so the fed could then turn it off. the businesses of course called their bluff

this was the story of the entire obama era until they stopped purchasing bonds in like 2014 or 2015 but the fed never got around to doing the long-promised unwinding of these positions. they had just started raising the fed funds rate before the 2019 recession started and they instantly gave that up

anyway the answer to your question is that conventional wisdom is that all the money printing will be undone some time in the unspecified future so there's nothing to worry about

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
With all the new money going into the hands of the rich, it's interesting to see that capitalists who own the means of producing cheap goods used by the proles, like canned food, bread, etc, aren't attempting to pivot into producing goods the rich would buy, like luxury items. I'm wondering if the executives at Walmart really do understand that while doing so would be more profitable in the short term, in the long term the riots by the proles would end up costing them. Or maybe there is pressure from government to keep the food supply chain intact. We know that Trump ordered pork plants to remain open, so people in government were at least monitoring the food supply while everyone was panicking over covid.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
japan never turned off its money printer and they're doing great!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

bagual posted:

foreverially endofhistoricized and loving it

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

added this important information to the OP

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Shear Modulus posted:

after post-2008 QE the plan was that the fed would release memos every three months saying that they may slow down the money printers some time soon so businesses should stop taking out loans to buy back their stock and ought to start investing in something sustainable so we can get back on track. they were essentially trying to trick businesses into weaning themselves off the money spigot so the fed could then turn it off. the businesses of course called their bluff

this was the story of the entire obama era until they stopped purchasing bonds in like 2014 or 2015 but the fed never got around to doing the long-promised unwinding of these positions. they had just started raising the fed funds rate before the 2019 recession started and they instantly gave that up

anyway the answer to your question is that conventional wisdom is that all the money printing will be undone some time in the unspecified future so there's nothing to worry about

lol that owns

stonk to the moon!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
idk enough to know if inflation is happening/gonna happen but my own grocery bills shot up this year

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
can someone get me the original text of the guy saying we should start greeting people with low prices because I've never been able to find it on my own

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
y/n is it a good idea to sell my kidneys to buy Bitcoin?

namaste

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

CubeTheory posted:

I am a McCloud (Macleod, archaic). I shall remove numbers head and grow stronger through the Quickening.

All that does is make your number go up, you can't kill number so easily.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

anime was right posted:

japan never turned off its money printer and they're doing great!

actually aren't they deflationary now, they definitely could do the "print fat stacks of money, give that poo poo to everybody" policy from that cute af leftist candidate

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

anime was right

about economics

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

net work error posted:

anime was right

about economics

if you look at the op from the last thread i was actually very wrong about everything

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

anime was right posted:

if you look at the op from the last thread i was actually very wrong about everything

no other thread had such posting evolution in these forums for all involved tbqf

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Epstein thread has

COVID thread too lol

PAWG Girlfriend
Jan 4, 2021

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

The annual bubble has come again? For god sakes, seraph, if you can hear me, sell high. Just buy the dip after the sell off completely craters for a month. ez money.
Time in the market > Timing the market, you absolutely clueless nocoiner noob.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Happy Thread posted:

Epstein thread has

COVID thread too lol

I definitely posted just the flu bro early in that thread, owned

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Smythe posted:

these guys need to hook me up with some of that cash!!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
All Numbers Go Up

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Well duh - hedge funds hedge! :v:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

heat deth of the universe. checkm8 bithc.

*peers quadrillion years into future*

oh no...oh NO....

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

comedyblissoption posted:

heat deth of the universe. checkm8 bithc.

*peers quadrillion years into future*

oh no...oh NO....

the final bitcoin is mined

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
god is bitcoin

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
we live in a simulation but the doofus middle manager changed the KPI of the person running it to the DJI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1345919322221326339?s=19

这是亿万富翁杰克的开放季节