Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

I don't understand people who want to post in QCS all the time. Seems miserable IMO.

It's weird, because everytime I stumble into there, it's just assholes tattling to try and get other people in trouble, and it's so nakedly that that it's just sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AlexSJacquez/status/1346294527653535744

lol

Kalli posted:

It's weird, because everytime I stumble into there, it's just assholes tattling to try and get other people in trouble, and it's so nakedly that that it's just sad.

It's weirdly a ton of FYAD people

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

Keep in mind though that it takes up so much posting energy to bitch and moan in QCS that they don’t have the time to spread their nonsense everywhere else. QCS is a giant honeypot for the worst sort of poster and I’m glad for it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I've got a 15yo reg date and lurked a few years before that and I had no idea what QCS was until the past couple of months. :shrug:

Seems like a cursed place.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I’ve always wished I had the personality of a intelligent, patient man...like Leperflesh

I never quite know how to respond to stuff like this. I guess I should just say thank you, but that feels inadequate.

I appreciate you SN, and your compliments genuinely cheer me up.

swickles posted:

Leper, can you explain to us the proper way to use a can opener on a can of beans?

throw away the can opener and just rub the can on the sidewalk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

swickles posted:

Leper, can you explain to us the proper way to use a can opener on a can of beans?

use my penknife my good man

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LeeMajors posted:

I've got a 15yo reg date and lurked a few years before that and I had no idea what QCS was until the past couple of months. :shrug:

Seems like a cursed place.

Almost same. I haven't really spent time in many of the sub forums except PYF and TFF.

With the occasional dip into GBS and YLLS.

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Has anybody used groupwatch with Disney+?

I'm trying to figure out if I can let some friends watch by sharing my account, and creating unique profiles for them.

Some of the google results say that yeah, I just need 1 paying account. Other results say that everyone needs their own paying account.

It's been a long day at work.

I haven't used groupwatch, but you can have 7 profiles for one paying account

420_Power_Rangers fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 5, 2021

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

What the heck happened, these are like 30 minutes apart.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

What the heck happened, these are like 30 minutes apart.

I think was reading from a teleprompter or notes and then started to freestyle it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

bobjr posted:

I had a friend who had the same thing happen, except it was an old woman who had to be in her 80's dragging the pizza container on the ground.

This is so loving sad, god this society is demented

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

shirts and skins posted:

This is so loving sad, god this society is demented

We will be judged the way we currently judge feudalist societies.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Intruder posted:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

LeeMajors posted:

We will be judged the way we currently judge feudalist societies.

Something something at least they had vacations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
QSC is weird and bad. It seems like it shouldn't be, but it is. Even threads where it's someone making decent suggestions get immediately dogpiled with garbage posts. The regulars have some kind of mental illness.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

QCS is a good idea that's ruined by constant bad faith rules lawyering

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jeffrey's first act should have been banning anyone who posts in qcs

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ugh gently caress

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I saw a person wearing the jacket version of this in public and lol

https://gogistyle.com/product/ggsm0..._style=Tank+Top

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

was he at least a real locksmith

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I didn't ask but this could be a case of stolen locksmith valor

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Intruder posted:

Were you sent here by the devil?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Huh, bean dad apologized

http://www.johnroderick.com/an-apology

Glad the majority of the apology was focused on the lovely jokes that surfaced about jews and gay people and such and not the bean part

e: Ok I read a little more of it and it devolved into "people who know me know that isn't really me" lol

Intruder fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 5, 2021

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

Were you sent here by the devil?

No good friend, I'm on the level.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/joshuahorowitz/status/1346288098460753921

and now apparently she's died for real?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Is this the most elaborate punkd of all time?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tom Petty'd Again

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Guze posted:

I saw a person wearing the jacket version of this in public and lol

https://gogistyle.com/product/ggsm0..._style=Tank+Top

"Who are you? How did you get in here?"

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

Huh, bean dad apologized

http://www.johnroderick.com/an-apology

Glad the majority of the apology was focused on the lovely jokes that surfaced about jews and gay people and such and not the bean part

e: Ok I read a little more of it and it devolved into "people who know me know that isn't really me" lol

"i thought being an ally was using the slurs ironically"

hmbol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Last night a bunch of pots and boxes were knocked off shelfs in my garage and there was poo poo on the floor and a couple blood splotches. I thought a neighbor cat had got in when I was unloading groceries, it has happened before. We tried banging on the areas where a cat could hide and that usually scares them out. I went and got a live capture trap and put some of my dog's food to lure the cat in.

That aint a cat!

Couldn't see any obvious wounds so I let the little fella out at a nearby park.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I know Bill Simmons has ruined the goddamn show, but I swear Omar is the best character in a TV show.

Also, braksgirl, I ended up jinxing myself on the Disney hate because my wife bought us passes on sale. "We haven't been in years!" Fml

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

God, your life sucks.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

iwentdoodie posted:

I know Bill Simmons has ruined the goddamn show, but I swear Omar is the best character in a TV show.

Also, braksgirl, I ended up jinxing myself on the Disney hate because my wife bought us passes on sale. "We haven't been in years!" Fml

Happiest Place on Earth or Most Magical Place on Earth?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

iwentdoodie posted:

Have you talked to her about this?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yeah but turns out she's more of a Bunk fan

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

God, your life sucks.

It does.

Now I get to wait in traffic AND lines.

Bird in a Blender posted:

She knows I hate it and knows ill do it because she likes it, she wins both ways.

Abugadu posted:

Happiest Place on Earth or Most Magical Place on Earth?

Uhhh...magical, I think?

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah but turns out she's more of a Bunk fan

She was solid Stringer till S3 then agreed that despite him being an amazing looking human he sucked, and has decided that Lester is the only one worth a drat.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’ve never understood the adult Disney appeal but then again I didn’t really enjoy Disney when I went as a kid.

But it brings people a lot of joy so :shrug: I won’t judge it.

I went to Epcot and Universal a few years back w the MiL and some family friends and it was fine but the crowds were loving awful.

I just don’t think I’m much of a theme park guy in general.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The company I work for has grown a lot lately and I feel the corporate culture bullshit encroaching into my life.

"We need you to align your Q1 IT tasks with our 5 key objectives for 2021."

okay let me write some stupid crap about how moving from ADFS to Azure AD SSO authentication is going to help the company *checks notes* redefine its go to market sales strategies

jesus christ lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Ehud posted:

The company I work for has grown a lot lately and I feel the corporate culture bullshit encroaching into my life.

"We need you to align your Q1 IT tasks with our 5 key objectives for 2021."

okay let me write some stupid crap about how moving from ADFS to Azure AD SSO authentication is going to help the company *checks notes* redefine its go to market sales strategies

jesus christ lol

Oh man did this chap the rear end of my programmers and even senior IT leadership. Every year - you submit your goals (professional, personal, education) all out and then you are measured against them in your annual review.

It got to the point where when had to meet with our executives to lock in our goals for 2020, we’d all meet beforehand so our guys would agree on the goals in the worlds most vague standards, so they weren’t screwed over when they came up short due to timeline or technology hang ups - which was happening ALL THE TIME!

It’s square peg round hole. It’s like when we’re switching to agile and my management flat out me to just reuse our contracts that were specifically tailored to waterfall methodology. It’s... impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh man did this chap the rear end of my programmers and even senior IT leadership. Every year - you submit your goals (professional, personal, education) all out and then you are measured against them in your annual review.

It got to the point where when had to meet with our executives to lock in our goals for 2020, we’d all meet beforehand so our guys would agree on the goals in the worlds most vague standards, so they weren’t screwed over when they came up short due to timeline or technology hang ups - which was happening ALL THE TIME!

It’s square peg round hole. It’s like when we’re switching to agile and my management flat out me to just reuse our contracts that were specifically tailored to waterfall methodology. It’s... impossible.

Well, if it cheers you up, somewhere out there is a consultant who has made a *lot* of money off of your company.