Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

man, it's kind of crazy how much 2.5 advertises that every single villainous side char basically won in og2 b/c the coup actually worked and everyone is just kinda stuck livin' with it.

it's also hilarious in context of ogs by itself that masaki seems like a total idiot rear end in a top hat who is unreasonably mad at shu who just shows up to help your guys out every now and then while he's dealing with Some Other Problem, even going as far as justifying shu's actions in just blowing up everything in antarctica

gdi right as im typing this excellen immediately calls it out:

edit:
holy poo poo i forgot the mironga's final attack is completely free in og2.5. god drat, my favorite ogs-exclusive robot got even more favorite! i remembered it having a really cheap and powerful final attack but 'totally free' is next level (on top of it's completely insane stats like having 10k+ hp and super high mobility as a 'real robot' type)

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

MonsieurChoc posted:

Gespenst are still one of my favourite mech designs.

Alacron posted:

Gespenst is an excellent mech design, easily one of my faves.

I always kind of love the low-key reals like GMs and stuff. Things that feel like workhorse machines, they'll win the war but not necessarily every battle.

:hmmyes: Wise words from wise people.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I have 2 Gespenst model kits, one is the exclusive red one that came with OGS2nd. They're pretty awesome.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fereydun posted:

it's also hilarious in context of ogs by itself that masaki seems like a total idiot rear end in a top hat who is unreasonably mad at shu who just shows up to help your guys out every now and then while he's dealing with Some Other Problem, even going as far as justifying shu's actions in just blowing up everything in antarctica

To be fair to Masaki, Shu could remove like 80% of the heat he gets by actually explaining himself instead of being as nebulously smug and antagonistic as possible.

Of course, if he was capable of not being a smug shithead, he wouldn't be Shu Shirakawa.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
trolling the gently caress out of masaki is his only hobby. and considering how many pointlessly complex schemes he either initiates or fights, dude needs a hobby.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hunter Noventa posted:

I have 2 Gespenst model kits, one is the exclusive red one that came with OGS2nd. They're pretty awesome.

Oh so that’s why I could never find the red one anywhere! :cheerdoge:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Goddammit game, stop forcing Bullet into the Huckebein. Ryoto's much better suited to it!

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

is the skill point for this stage seriously 'destroy 80 enemies in 5 turns' when you can't even afford sp regen or upgrades on most of the cast and the enemies hit mad hard and have insanely high accuracy/defense

i really forgot that og2.5 don't play around

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Fereydun posted:

is the skill point for this stage seriously 'destroy 80 enemies in 5 turns' when you can't even afford sp regen or upgrades on most of the cast and the enemies hit mad hard and have insanely high accuracy/defense

i really forgot that og2.5 don't play around

OGG drops it to 50 and you've had some more stages for cash by that point, but it's still a what the hell moment

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I forgot how mean the fight against the Judecca is on Ryusei's route. Having your Will reset on the second part of the stage just feels spiteful.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I had the opposite experience, having the boss just park itself within range of a 30 percent to everything node meant I could just park everyone on the nevi'm and just unload on the judecca forever without worrying about reprisals.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It wasn't a hard fight, I just hated that the game stole away my precious Will after defeating Ingram even though it was the same stage.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
At least they reload your ammo/energy.

But yeah, it's literally two separate stages that they decided is actually one stage for some arcane reason.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Alacron posted:

Goddammit game, stop forcing Bullet into the Huckebein. Ryoto's much better suited to it!

It's one of Bullet's less endearing character traits that he repeatedly steals his "canon" unit and shoves himself into it for plot events despite the plot events almost never utilizing that unit specifically at all.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
So while everyone is playing OGs, I just wrapped up playing through V and X. They're... interesting games. Random thoughts:
  • I lost an SR point in X, in stage 35. Followed the SR requirement to a T, killed a bunch of bosses in succession with the same pilot, no dice. MAPed a few more, also no dice. Got all the other ones, none are super challenging to get.
  • Scrolling through events, dialogue and combat takes forever and should be sped up.
  • There's only one X protag spirit list with Accel. Fortunately it's a solid list.
  • Xelguard felt like it fell behind in the late game. Both because it's not super great at dodging or tanking hits and it just doesn't seem to keep up with the damage others are putting out.
  • VangRay and it's upgrade on the other hand kick rear end
  • Had to rely on Disrupt to get reliable dodging in X way more than V
  • Overall had way more money and TacP in X than V
  • No Concentration in X makes me a sad boy!
  • Cybuster kicks rear end. If I ever do a draft and he's not free, first pick without a doubt.
  • Yamato is so much better than any other battleship I've ever had, it's not even funny. Way better than J's Nadesico. All other battleships kinda meh.
  • People getting told not to discuss homosexuality in front of children is a thing that happens in X.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Dance Officer posted:

So while everyone is playing OGs, I just wrapped up playing through V and X. They're... interesting games. Random thoughts:
  • People getting told not to discuss homosexuality in front of children is a thing that happens in X.

I don’t remember that, where was it?

As for sr point 35 in X, it worked for me so idk.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
There are button combos to fast forward and skip the dialogue/scenes. On PS4 its R1 and Circle to zoom and then R1 and whatever the start button is called now Options?? to skip, but a lot of the time zoom is better than skip when on the map because skip will just jump to the next guy doing a thing instead of the whole skit.

And yeah! In X a lot of enemies are S sized so getting good evasion against them is rough, you've got some S sized units on your side too, but Wataru is not a dodgy boy.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

In VXT if you hit L1 + Options you will automatically skip all events on maps, no need to do R1 + Circle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the nautilus in x is pretty busted

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The Yamato is pretty sick statswise but Nemo having a Spirit for gaining ExC is way more busted up until the point where you unlock the Wave Motion Cannon MAPW.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I wasn't exactly enticed to use battleships in X because they were all kinda meh to start with. Yamato on the other hand tanks like a champ, on the level of mazinger even, and dishes out dece damage, right out of the gate.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

GimmickMan posted:

The Yamato is pretty sick statswise but Nemo having a Spirit for gaining ExC is way more busted up until the point where you unlock the Wave Motion Cannon MAPW.

That spirit let me solo al the extra boss-level enemies on the last stage with TTGL. It's amazing.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Does anyone feel up for another V or X draft? I feel like playing those games some more. V more so than X, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dance Officer posted:

Does anyone feel up for another V or X draft? I feel like playing those games some more. V more so than X, though.

I'm holding out for a T draft at the moment, I want an excuse to replay that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I really want a Z2-1 draft.

Or an OGs one since it's fanslated but that would be incredibly HARD.

Would a Masoukishin one even be possible? You get so few units in that one...

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah considering you spend at least the first third of OGs-1 barely able to fill all your deployment slots...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

OGs wouldn't be too bad. We did an OG2 draft a while ago and it wasn't particularly punishing, just kind of long.

OG1 would probably be a fair bit harder but you could probably pull it off assuming you didn't get completely shafted on the R-Series or Alt/Weiss

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Someone is making a flashy lookin SRW fangame, not sure if it's come up in here yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbIjXUQQax0

They put out a "demo" but it's only the text sections of the game and no gameplay. Said something about making a "stage a year" which uhhh lol

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've done drafts where you play through both Z2 games. If you need someone to draft, I can do that, but I'm not inclined to play.

ImpAtom posted:

OGs wouldn't be too bad. We did an OG2 draft a while ago and it wasn't particularly punishing, just kind of long.

OG1 would probably be a fair bit harder but you could probably pull it off assuming you didn't get completely shafted on the R-Series or Alt/Weiss

I did OG2 drafts way way back and I was always the only one to complete them. OG2 is a pretty challenging game, but it can be done. As for OG1, if memory serves, the early game has a lot of forced deployments, so it might be doable.

Dance Officer fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 4, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I respect his desire to see Patlabor in a game people actually play.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Did that X draft I saw a thread for not end up happening?

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

No it happened and at least one person completed it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Did that X draft I saw a thread for not end up happening?

Nope. It happened, I completely my run and at least one other person did.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, I finished my X run as well. It was fun!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm the one who has run the last few drafts. I still haven't played T yet so if someone else wants to run that go ahead. I was thinking of maybe doing OGs OG2 next. OG1 would be a bit hard for a draft since I'm not sure what units should be free. Typically you have the main characters as free units because they're around for the whole game and generally pretty strong but the route split in OG1 makes that a lot more complicated. I think you would have to force everyone in the draft onto the same route and that's pretty lame. Plus Ryusei's route doesn't even get their mechs until halfway through the game so you would have to either have some complicated rules where you could use the Wildraubtier etc up until you get the R series. OG2 is much simpler since you can just have Alt, Weiss and Angelg free, plus it has a far larger and more varied unit list.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OEjF_IJAs

SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays GOTY Edition.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Policenaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3OEjF_IJAs

SD Gundam G Generation Cross Rays GOTY Edition.

Neat, though I already grabbed it all on sale for PC.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Okay how the gently caress do I join units in OGs, I'm still on the stupid Hagane mission and I'm confused

Zeether fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 5, 2021

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Zeether posted:

Okay how the gently caress do I join units in OGs, I'm still on the stupid Hagane mission and I'm confused

The units have to be adjacent or immediately diagonal from each other and each have at least 110 Will. There's no way to deploy units already joined or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

1st Stage Midboss posted:

The units have to be adjacent or immediately diagonal from each other and each have at least 110 Will. There's no way to deploy units already joined or anything like that.

They also have to both be able to act. You can move one unit, then join, but if a unit has already acted that turn, they can't join.