Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
The Shadow Jul. 13th, 1940

Axa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Of course she takes off her bikini top to go swimming.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"Axa I'm worried about you swimming in unfamiliar water. If you don't come back up quickly enough, I'm going to leave you and go to an unspecified port."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch posted:

This whole arc keeps reminding me of this great post by one of our very own goon nurses:

Mind your glucose levels, kids.
I had all that happen to me but it was a yeti.

kazz
Feb 27, 2007

Black Bean has a tendency to stare and likes to hide.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I’ve held my tongue on this so far because I don’t want to get personal in the Comics thread of all places, but having recently been surprised with a type 2 diabetes diagnosis and having to deal with it on a daily basis, this whole storyline is really pissing me off. The glibness—! Ugh.

Edit: Not to mention I assume Rex suspected diabetes when he first ordered the blood test, so why wouldn’t he tell Buck to fast or at the very least not drink a soda before going? I hate this comic.

kazz fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 5, 2021

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Axa, I'm not going to blame you for liking boys, but maybe, just maybe, in a world that is doing it utmost to kill you dead, stop for a bit and think instead of going "Oooo cute boys." Please.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Nappila-Ekox-Ekoday, RIP.

:capitalism:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mikl posted:

Axa, I'm not going to blame you for liking boys, but maybe, just maybe, in a world that is doing it utmost to kill you dead, stop for a bit and think instead of going "Oooo cute boys." Please.

Axa: "Before I die, I'm gonna gently caress me a fish(man)."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Axa almost immediately forgot about the handsome boatman when she met Jason, and now she's almost immediately forgotten about Jason after meeting fish people. Maybe it's a side effect of being an emotionless drone in the dome.

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

EBB posted:

Who owns the land now?

The group Uffe represents. They only sold the immaterial stuff, land and equipment will be sold to whoever is buying. This will become relevant later.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LazyQ posted:

The group Uffe represents. They only sold the immaterial stuff, land and equipment will be sold to whoever is buying. This will become relevant later.

vince_interested_dot_gif

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Twelve by Pies posted:

Axa almost immediately forgot about the handsome boatman when she met Jason, and now she's almost immediately forgotten about Jason after meeting fish people. Maybe it's a side effect of being an emotionless drone in the dome.
I figured the dome city didn't have any sex ed because beep boop we decant all our babies. Anyway this is why Axa is so horny and can't distinguish lust from love, she's essentially got a new libido and has never actually seen a healthy relationship.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

PetraCore posted:

I figured the dome city didn't have any sex ed because beep boop we decant all our babies. Anyway this is why Axa is so horny and can't distinguish lust from love, she's essentially got a new libido and has never actually seen a healthy relationship.

All of his restraint and plot was spent on Modesty.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Nappila-Ekox-Ekoday, RIP.

guessing Uffe's gone through this wringer a few times at this point

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Died! (December 29, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (February 21, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (October 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (February 4, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (July 5, 1935)

Dark Laughter (June 3, 1939)

“What tribe, please?”

Mopsy Sunday (October 6, 1946)

Patty-Jo ’n’ Ginger (April 8, 1950)

“Room with a view, they told us … phooey! All I can see, day or night, is a big brown eye!”

Wee Pals (March 27, 1965)

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Slammy posted:

Everett is canceled.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Mo would never, that's all I'm sayin

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

goatface posted:

His giantism means he never stops growing and is in constant pain.

Hopefully he doesn't do the Andre the Giant self-medicating method and be constantly hosed up drunk (but he almost certainly does).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set has, sadly, aged pretty well.

Working Daze is incredibly loving shallow.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix isn't surprising, with that attitude.

Cul De Sac baits and switches.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Monster Rally - 1950

...and that's it for Monster Rally!

I started scanning Homebodies, which came along in 1954, but now that I have the earliest one in the set - Addams and Evil from 1947, I'm tempted to go with that. Any thoughts?

In the meantime:

And the color frontispiece:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

PainterofCrap posted:

I started scanning Homebodies, which came along in 1954, but now that I have the earliest one in the set - Addams and Evil from 1947, I'm tempted to go with that. Any thoughts?
Thanks for posting Monster Rally! As for what's next: :justpost:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

PainterofCrap posted:

Monster Rally - 1950

Man, this one resonates.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery

Slammy posted:

:smith:

Ah well, no unstoppable source of vigilante justice is perfect.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell Hell yeah, we're gonna see that chimera soon!

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I thought Zorro was Spanish* not Dutch!
(I know, not your fault)

*actually, for the region in that time period would he be Spanish, Mexican, Californian, or some other label?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Bruceski posted:

(I know, not your fault)

*actually, for the region in that time period would he be Spanish, Mexican, Californian, or some other label?

Californio? I'm tragically far from my cultural roots, I feel like I should know this.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Bruceski posted:

(I know, not your fault)

Nah, totally my fault. I didn't realize I had the page at an angle when I scanned it and I was just too drat lazy to fix it, heh.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

catlord posted:

Californio? I'm tragically far from my cultural roots, I feel like I should know this.

Wikipedia lists his nationality as "New Spanish/Mexican" for what that's worth.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Slammy posted:

And He Died! (December 29, 1917)

... :confused: what did he die of?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Bruceski posted:

Wikipedia lists his nationality as "New Spanish/Mexican" for what that's worth.

Makes sense.

You know, comic thing that still gets me, I think it was a Ripley's Believe it or Not but it talked about a company in Japan that made a perfume that smelled "like the baked bread smell of a cat's head" and to this day I have no idea what the gently caress they meant. Every once in a while, while petting my cat, I will lean down and sniff the top of his head and you know what? I have never once smelled baked bread. God. When was Ripley's was last posted here regularly?

Zereth posted:

Sudden shock, I think? I mean, I'm still :confused: but I think that's what the gravestone reads.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

catlord posted:

Sudden shock, I think? I mean, I'm still :confused: but I think that's what the gravestone reads.

It's 1917, sugar is being rationed.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Zereth posted:

I still appreciate whichever one of you joked "drinking water on a Tuesday while facing east".

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

in this installment of The Timid Soul (April 8, 1935), sometimes HT Webster liked to be experimental.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Luann seems to be dedicating 2021 to reaching new heights in baffling prudishness.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ukonvasara posted:

Slammy posted:

:smith:

Ah well, no unstoppable source of vigilante justice is perfect.
I just want to mention that when True refers to 'beating and tarring and feathering' here, he's referring to a specific incident that came to be known as the Tulsa Outrage, where 16 members of the IWW (plus one innocent bystander) were violently rounded up by the police from the local IWW headquarters and promptly charged and convicted of vagrancy. That night they found themselves being 'transferred' back to the IWW headquarters by police when they were 'ambushed' by a local KKK sect who then took custody of the unionists and drove them out of town where they were stripped naked, tied to a tree, then whipped before being famously tarred and feathered, and finally as they watched the KKK burn all of their clothing in a bonfire they were told to never return to town.
It's worth mentioning that this wasn't (primarily) because they were anarchists or unionists, but because the IWW was vocally opposed to the war. One of their members had already been lynched for his antiwar statements, and a further one hundred and sixty of them had received significant jail terms for conspiracy to hinder the draft and conspiracy to encourage desertion.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

what the actual gently caress

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

He won't allow his adult son to start a band? He won't allow it? :stare:

Pity about all the servants, I guess.

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

I like that last panel.

Avatar-sized, if anyone wants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

Tiggum posted:

He won't allow his adult son to start a band? He won't allow it? :stare:

I read it as "taking over the garage to use as a practice space" being what he wouldn't allow, though given the comic at hand your reading seems far more plausible than it otherwise might.