Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Thanks!

I'm replaying HZD to catch up on the storyline before the new one comes out. People complain about horse riding in other games but riding machines in this game is a huge pain in the rear end and clearly the worst ever

e: i'm not even entirely positive it's any faster than just having Aloy run on foot, even in a straight line

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

My wife's step father is a MAGA man who thinks covid is greatly exaggerated and all that.

He tested positive for covid on the 1st. Couple of days letter he felt like total poo poo and went to the ER.

They wanted to admit him to the hospital because his oxygen was low, but there were no beds left. So they sent him to a different hospital. They're trying to get his oxygen levels up now.

I wonder if he still thinks it's just the flu.

ask him why he wasn't taking his vitamin D

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Does anyone else start to get a little sniffle or cough and immediately go find something to eat to see if you can taste it?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ehud posted:

My wife's step father is a MAGA man who thinks covid is greatly exaggerated and all that.

He tested positive for covid on the 1st. Couple of days letter he felt like total poo poo and went to the ER.

They wanted to admit him to the hospital because his oxygen was low, but there were no beds left. So they sent him to a different hospital. They're trying to get his oxygen levels up now.

I wonder if he still thinks it's just the flu.

:smith:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I just found out that because I changed banks last year (I was sick of BMO Harris and switched to UW Credit Union), I won't actually get a stimulus payment, because you can't edit or add account information for this second round. I have to wait until tax time to claim a rebate credit. :suicide:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Brilliant country. Just perfect.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Intruder posted:

Does anyone else start to get a little sniffle or cough and immediately go find something to eat to see if you can taste it?

Does taste and smell gradually or instantly stop? this is important :ohdear:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Does taste and smell gradually or instantly stop? this is important :ohdear:

For me it was instant. Or at least it went away from one meal to the next. I think it was lunch for me? So maybe hadn't had anything that day up until that point but I suddenly realized I couldn't taste what I was eating which then made me realize I couldn't smell. When it came back it was literally in the middle of the meal. Started not being able to taste and over the course of like 5-10 minutes it came back.

Have my final interview for that job I was talking about on Friday AM and I'm fuckin nervous as hell. It's like dream job territory and I don't want to gently caress it up and I want it soooo bad

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Presumptive RIP to Blindsite. I don't think these are native to australia, but I presume something worse is and has also learned how to open doors

https://twitter.com/LydNicholas/status/1346459292489101313

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Presumptive RIP to Blindsite. I don't think these are native to australia, but I presume something worse is and has also learned how to open doors

There's a video of a girl taping herself dancing in a room with the door closed. Queue the handle jiggling in the background before a giant snake flops it open and her shrieking in terror.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Neil Armbong posted:

This is my problem with OKRs, Smart Goals, etc both as a manager and also when I was a developer. You don't have full autonomy over your work so you can't ensure you hit goals you've decided on and are subject to priorities shifting and other external factors. However, I've also never been anywhere not fulfilling those goals in any way reflects negatively on you during a review. It's kinda just going through the motions but nothing I anyone is super focused on.

You have a better company. Big reason I left was because they opted not to give me a bonus I was “promised” because my scrum team didn’t finish a project on time when... absolutely no one finished. We pivoted. It’s an excuse to do what they want which I’ve learned is just too much power for some directors.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Whoever designed this online manual where the text is in a small black font over the right side of the screen with pictures of tablets with black borders in the background and the left is an expanse of empty light colored space can go gently caress right off

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snakes_of_Australia

I started mousing over these and clicking through on the a couple that didn't have 'venomous' or 'highly venomous' in the preview and then later in the article on those there's something like 'the venom of the Bandy Bandy is a neurotoxin especially dangerous to humans.'

I do think there are a few constrictors native to Australia, but as expected most of the fauna down there absolutely love their venom.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jan 5, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Welp that's it fellas. Humanity had a run but it's over.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/lukefoxjukebox/status/1346472988992884736

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kalli posted:

I can't stop laughing at the thud sound :xd:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

wtffffffffff

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

D-LINK posted:

wtffffffffff

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Welp, who's ready for some cold weather marches and demonstrations?

The Guardian posted:

The police officer who shot and paralyzed Jacob Blake, a 29-year-old Black man, in Kenosha, Wisconsin will not be charged with any crime, the district attorney Michael Graveley announced Tuesday.

None of the officers on the scene will be charged with any crimes either, Graveley said, nor will Jacob Blake.

Kenosha police officer Rusten Sheskey shot Blake seven times in the back on 23 August, leaving him paralyzed. The shooting touched off protests and rioting in the Wisconsin city and across the country.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Intruder posted:

Whoever designed this online manual where the text is in a small black font over the right side of the screen with pictures of tablets with black borders in the background and the left is an expanse of empty light colored space can go gently caress right off

I would like to see it, please, if it's something you can share.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

I was in downtown Madison today running errands and more businesses than usual were boarded up, and I saw some police barriers being constructed. I'm guessing we're due for another few nights of unrest in the state because our politicians have no spine whatsoever. Yes, perfectly normal to shoot a guy in the back seven times at close range, then justify it by saying "Well, he had a knife in his van."

gently caress this country.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:lol:

https://twitter.com/Blutman27/status/1346567458912538624

I missed this when it happened and it brings me joy to find it now.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Blowjob Overtime posted:

https://twitter.com/TheBenNatan/status/1346570473396719616

vote

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Kalli posted:

Thats just Nick Foles entering a room.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

:lol:

https://twitter.com/Blutman27/status/1346567458912538624

I missed this when it happened and it brings me joy to find it now.

This is absolutely hilarious for the timing of announcer hyperbole and what actually happens in the replay.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Thats just Nick Foles entering a room.
:perfect:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dango Bango posted:

This is absolutely hilarious for the timing of announcer hyperbole and what actually happens in the replay.

What's even better is that's the Sixers radio call of the game. So if you were driving around listening to the game you thought some real apocalyptic poo poo was going on.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Between this and the CPD footage of a police car hitting, running over, and remaining parked on her the justice system in America is having an average Tuesday.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dango Bango posted:

When will this violence in sports stop!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/bymikebaker/status/1346562871866527745?s=21

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Don't expect useful results for several days, remember how long it took to count things last time

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The Glumslinger posted:

Don't expect useful results for several days, remember how long it took to count things last time

They started counting mail-in ballots 8 days ago according to NYT.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

And once again it's likely the in-person results that get tallied first will be primarily for the republicans and the mail-ins that get counted later will be weighted toward the dems. Looking forward to more "how does an early lead disappear as more votes are counted???" discourse.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Who the hell knows this time. There should be less voters, which will make things go quicker, but since it’s expected to be a tight race, we probably won’t know for sure for a few days.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Might be a good time to buy a little Mylan stock on the off chance Joe Manchin becomes the most important man in the Senate.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Sorry guys. Let’s instead talk about the excellent Cinemax show Banshee, which everyone should watch

I can’t remember what other TFFer was watching that show as it aired, same as I did, but god did i love that show. Only show i found myself excited for the next episode other than BB

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

What's even better is that's the Sixers radio call of the game. So if you were driving around listening to the game you thought some real apocalyptic poo poo was going on.

there's a recording of the Eagles SB where someone has perfectly laid over the broadcast audio with Philly radio audio. it's great. I have a copy and it's a joy to watch and hear about wawa instead of whatever poo poo Al and Cris were talking about between plays

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

C-Euro posted:

Honestly, there's a good chance that he still does. I'm remembering that interview of the ICU nurse in South Dakota who had COVID-19 patients denying the disease's existence up until the point that it killed them.

My SO has had several patients who, after having tested positive for COVID, while being treated for COVID, while suffering the symptoms of COVID, have stated that it flat-out doesn’t exist. People will absolutely refuse to admit they were wrong even if it literally kills them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pmchem posted:

there's a recording of the Eagles SB where someone has perfectly laid over the broadcast audio with Philly radio audio. it's great. I have a copy and it's a joy to watch and hear about wawa instead of whatever poo poo Al and Cris were talking about between plays

Someone should do that with the butt fumble