Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mikl posted:

Classic Kevin and Kell (November 9-13, 1998)

I got a firm chuckle out of this one. Just something about the YO FRANK

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Nappila is gone and his work in Mämmilä is done; Ulf Ekman, exit stage left.

Geeeeze.

"you direct your perfectly understandable disappointment at me. I don't Mind: Maybe I helped as a lightning rod" christ what an rear end in a top hat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

So I guess, in the fictional setting of the cartoon Alec that draws the strip, she's already broken up with him.

Nostalgamus
Sep 28, 2010

Oh, right. Reservoir Dogs.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
So is Rönkä like, poor now? Or was it just his house he lost? (I assumed he's rich enough that he can easily buy a new one, maybe not in cash, but once he logged & sold some lumber)

I mean he still has those Ekoday shares and I understand they aren't worthless? I find this stuff a bit hard to follow.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LazyQ posted:

Mämmilä

Nappila is gone and his work in Mämmilä is done; Ulf Ekman, exit stage left.

Eat poo poo, Uffe. Any time you meet a "disruptor", punch them square in the mouth.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

amigolupus posted:

Oh wow, Pepper the dog is still alive? I don't remember him ever appearing in the later Bad Machinery stories so I assumed he went to that great big dog park in the sky. Glad to know I was wrong. :unsmith:

Keep in mind that, in terms of in-universe time, it has only been 6 or 7 years since the start of Bad Machinery (3 Bad Machinery cases = 1 year in universe).

howe_sam posted:

I dislike the new Mildred, her head is more ovally than I remember.

Winklebottom posted:

I think the lipstick is throwing me off more, she looks more recognizable in the cover image

On the other hand remember that Mildred is around 19 years old in this story. When we last saw her she was only 15/16.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
The Shadow Jul. 15th, 1940

Axa

Axa, they nearly drowned you, try to focus on that rather than how handsome they are.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm enjoying Alec's descent into madness.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

His Divine Shadow posted:

So is Rönkä like, poor now? Or was it just his house he lost? (I assumed he's rich enough that he can easily buy a new one, maybe not in cash, but once he logged & sold some lumber)

I mean he still has those Ekoday shares and I understand they aren't worthless? I find this stuff a bit hard to follow.

I don't think Rönkä is completely penniless, but he certainly is not rich anymore. The property his house is on was sold through Uffe to a supermarket chain and pretty much everything else was put on Ekoday shares.

As far as I understand it Ekoday was hacked into pieces and sold on, with nothing left but the properties and equipment in Mämmilä. The comic is very vague about what actually happened and I'm sure people who actually know about this stuff can point out a lot of holes in the story.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Deliberately bated" is not a phrase I want to see in relation to Luann

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
"Don't you understand: I need air, or I'll drown!" Axa thinks angrily at the fish-boys.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

Wild day, huh

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Rae the Doe's web archives

Movie Cosplay

Dating Trouble

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

extremely good

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pistol_Pete posted:

"Don't you understand: I need air, or I'll drown!" Axa thinks angrily at the sexy fish-boys.
Fixed that for you.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (December 30, 1917)

Outbursts of Everett True (February 26, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (October 1923)

Success!

Gay and Her Gang (February 6, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (July 6, 1935)

Dark Laughter (June 24, 1939)

“This jest goes to show you Boots - This was all my idea but they went and stole it from me.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1939_New_York_World%27s_Fair

Mopsy Sunday (October 13, 1946)

Patty-Jo ’n’ Ginger (April 22, 1950)

“No foolin, sis, I heard him tell Benjie’s brother you were a nine-by-twelve girl … said he feeds you at NINE an’ by twelve you’re hungry again!”

Dinky Fellas (March 29, 1965)

Wee Pals (March 29, 1965)

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Skippy (June 23-24, 1933)

Peanuts (January 8-9, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (June 6-7, 1937)

Today took a little gas out of my tank, so I think I'll leave it there for now.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Even when they're not playing monopoly i see they're still getting the full monpoly experience

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
Do comic shops even buy old comic collections anymore?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Happy new year team! Better late than never.

Nekonaughey is the creation of prolific Japanese artist Q-rais. The titular cat is just an everyday cat struggling through modern. It has no set schedule so I only post it when there's a new one to translate. Occasionally I will translate and post the back catalogue as Classic Cat when it's a slow day at work.

Bogor is a New Zealand comic strip about a woodsman that I'm scanning from collections and posting because honestly it's getting close to completely unavailable - unless you arrange with a library to view their archive copies the only source is whatever collections you can find in a second-hand store because it hasn't been printed in over thirty years.
For the new year we're starting a new collection, so I'm going to timg the bumper images before the first strip.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Guess I should do this..

Charles Addams was a keen observer of the human condition and tested the boundaries of good faith, good taste, and the absurdity of so-called civilized man. Reality is occasionally bent a little. His (usually) single-page cartoons ran in the New Yorker magazine for most of thirty years. The only recurring characters were an un-named extended family (with hired(?) help), residing in a dilapidated Victorian mansion, that appeared to consist of oddballs raising sociopaths, but appearances are deceiving.

Good news! There is a fifth collection, Drawn and Quartered, which appears to be the first compilation of Addams' NY Magazine works - from 1942, I believe. I have just acquired it. BUT it's not yet arrived...

So I am beavering away on the earliest collection I have! Now it's time for...

Addams and Evil - 1947

This is a really dated joke that I am old enough, and AI enough, to get: These mighty hunters are spiriting round in an American Bantam, which, at the time, was the smallest American car on the road. It was basically a glorified go-kart, and a miracle that such a thing could ever be street-legal. Such was the US, pre-Interstate Highway System. https://forums.aaca.org/gallery/image/14727-1940-american-bantam-roadster-maroon-black-rvr/
They're the grand-daddy of the Jeep, and - believe it or not - still street-legal!

a rare 2-in-1

Think I finally figured out the moire issue with the scanner.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 7, 2021

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I said I'd say this a lot, but this is one of my favourites.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set knows chewing burns calories.

Working Daze is finally done with the repeats.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix hasn't aged well.

Cul De Sac manages to pull ahead at the last second.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is finally done with the repeats.
"some" being 200m+ Eastern Orthodox Christians who observe the 25th of December as according to the Julian calendar that was in use when the Council of Nicaea officially designated that day as Jesus' birthday. The date is still the same actual date as everyone else.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Thanks to the art style, I saw that first panel as the dog just doing some amazing vomiting.

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

B Kliban

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

In this installment of The Timid Soul (July 6, 1931), notice the phone on the table, the laces on Caspar's shoes, the details on his bathrobe, the position of his feet as he walks.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Huxley posted:

Deduction of points for having a star inside the crescent moon, a thing I never noticed until someone pointed it out, and now it drives me insane every time I see it.

A children's book author (or illustrator) must have received some letters about this because the next book was correct.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderman

1978 comics

Bonus: cursed ad arrangements.

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

EasyEW posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Cribbing Dark Side of the Horse’s style, I see.

Also, this is perhaps he only 9CL strip I haven’t hated.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Dustin is keeping the band together just to piss off Ed and I approve of this decision.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

shut the gently caress up. Just please shut the gently caress up.

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

PainterofCrap posted:

a rare 2-in-1

I don’t get either one!

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

What the heck is going on with that door!!!

Zereth posted:

... :confused: what did he die of?

Diabetes, weren't you paying attention?

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jan 7, 2021

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I don’t get either one!

I'm not sure about the second one (given how detailed the bottle is, maybe the gag is that the bum is drinking whiskey named after a Lord?). I think the first one is just that the cab driver's license picture is creepy looking.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 1/6/01

Brenda Starr 5/6/45

sigh. Pesky.

Smokey Stover 3/23-25/39

"Blacker than a sunburned Mammy singer" is, thankfully, not a simile you see a lot of these days.

Richard's Poor Almanac

Selachian fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Jan 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

The fact that Dustin's dad is going "I'll give you money if you stop having fun" instead of offering to pay for a studio or some other place where they can practice without annoying him tells you everything you need to know about this man.

Classic Kevin and Kell (November 16-20, 1998)

Reminder that A Bug's Life ends with the hero tricking the villain into being painfully torn apart and eaten by an apex predator. So it kinda fits in this universe.