Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Let's talk about Baconia, the mythical meat planet, instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

T-man posted:

well, in the books, [spoiler] things happen and people engage in activities[spoiler]

Another book spoiler [spoiler] Amos goes off and does even more Chad behavior. Also more beatdowns for people who deserve it [spoiler]

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lamebot posted:

Let's talk about Baconia, the mythical meat planet, instead.

Given the other planets that are eventually mentioned, that one is probably less mythical and more undiscovered

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Exactly this. "oh its not technically a spoiler" is the equivalent of "i'm not touching you".

LIke, why would you post a screenshot of something cool, in a thread full of people who don't know what it is, and can't appreciate that its something cool. Go to the thread who know what it is, and why its cool.

So report them and move on.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Reporting isn't fun and makes me feel like a hall monitor. Better to just bitch and moan since it's not that big a deal.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

Only just noticed this (minor spoilers)

Does anyone have a hirez version? I'd like to use this shot as a wallpaper. (I'm not a book reader, but I really like the intro to the show) :allears:

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Are the crew of the Roci not global heroes at this point? I'm wondering how nobody on Earth seems to recognize Amos even though he's helped save the lives of everyone on Earth like 2-3 times at this point.

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

College Rockout posted:

Are the crew of the Roci not global heroes at this point? I'm wondering how nobody on Earth seems to recognize Amos even though he's helped save the lives of everyone on Earth like 2-3 times at this point.

Amos doesn't do photo ops.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish someone would upload the clip of Bobbie and Alex's whole stunt from the recent episode. Her coming out blasting was amazing.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Also I'm really warming up to Filip, and the actor's doing a bang-up job with his quietly traumatised child soldier. I would like to retract my earlier statement, I no longer thing he is "an absolute doo-doo head"

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Baronjutter posted:

I wish someone would upload the clip of Bobbie and Alex's whole stunt from the recent episode. Her coming out blasting was amazing.

Low Threat.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Boris Galerkin posted:

Some rear end in a top hat in the last season did the exact same poo poo posting a screenshot of some guy’s name and my curiosity googled him and spoiled the rest of the show for me. It’s unnecessary WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE bullshit that doesn’t belong here and all you guys defending it can get hosed.

Good, that’s what I was hoping would happen.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
I'm really hating the Inaros faction belter that wanted to space Naomi and got assigned to Drummer's ship. Her nonstop smugness makes me hope she gets Diogo'd

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Having a resting bitch face is a requirement to be in Black Sky

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

CLAM DOWN posted:

So report them and move on.

I did but apparently most people ITT think it’s fine and cool to talk about book spoilers. Love how just a few weeks ago people (I think you?) were saying how this thread is good about not doing book spoilers.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I did but apparently most people ITT think it’s fine and cool to talk about book spoilers. Love how just a few weeks ago people (I think you?) were saying how this thread is good about not doing book spoilers.

There's hardly any compared to other shows. Calm down. Or, stop reading the thread if it's getting you this worked up.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

CLAM DOWN posted:

There's hardly any compared to other shows. Calm down. Or, stop reading the thread if it's getting you this worked up.

Surely you mean Clam Down??

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Also I'm really warming up to Filip, and the actor's doing a bang-up job with his quietly traumatised child soldier. I would like to retract my earlier statement, I no longer thing he is "an absolute doo-doo head"

Seconded, he's growing on my all fungus like

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona
This week's was my favorite episode of the show far. Just stellar poo poo from absolutely everyone. I will follow Wes Chatham for the rest of his career, god drat.

Amos using a UN flag as a windbreaker while they travel is such an amazing choice and they let it be so quiet, it's the small things like that that elevate this whole series.

Edit: Can't stop thinking about that flag, and back to when Amos made a combat about the dead not needing their things anymore.

Sab Sabbington fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 7, 2021

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Sab Sabbington posted:

they let it be so quiet, it's the small things like that that elevate this whole series.

Yeah, I paused it and mentioned that to my wife when we came to the wide shot with the snowy bridge. It's really nice to watch a show that isn't afraid of quiet and just letting the frame relay information or feeling... watching Avasarala quietly struggle to put her jewelry on and compose herself was a great scene that told you everything you needed to know with a single line.

The scoring is also tastefully done and enhances the show without being obvious or intrusive and telling you exactly how to feel.

I was a little disappointed with this episode on first watch because it felt like it wasn't *really* moving the plot forward very fast... but that's mainly to do with the release schedule (I wanna see where it goes, already) and not the actual content of the episode.

The entire episode is great character moments, and I can trust that the will pay off down the line.

Also the Ty and That Guy aftershow on YouTube is great, and more focused on actor's / directors / writers feelings about the events and characters in the episode, how they approached and prepared for it, and stories from production... rather than fanboying and hyping up what just happened.

I wish they'd go back and start at season 1, the episode with the showrunner explaining what a showrunner actually does, and giving an example was really cool.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

the menacing facial tattoos carry a lot of weight.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I'm really hating the Inaros faction belter that wanted to space Naomi and got assigned to Drummer's ship. Her nonstop smugness makes me hope she gets Diogo'd

Does she get invited to Drummer's polycule or what

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Was Amos and Peaches in Quebec? I could have sworn I heard French being spoken at the camp. Also from the establing shot it was clear that Canada was covered in snow.

Just gonna walk to Baltimore from here.

Bobbie got to do the Captain America thing with the ships.

Drummer has a long hand going on, I wonder what it is, and I know she knows Naomi is on Pellis after Filips slip up.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

quote:

The Chesapeake Maximum Security Correctional Center (C.M.S.C.C), dubbed by its staff as The Pit, is a UN maximum-security penitentiary located in the Chesapeake Conservancy Area.

That's as specific as they get. I think it's supposed to be Virginia, it's south of Baltimore somewhere.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

twistedmentat posted:

Was Amos and Peaches in Quebec? I could have sworn I heard French being spoken at the camp. Also from the establing shot it was clear that Canada was covered in snow.

Just gonna walk to Baltimore from here.

Bobbie got to do the Captain America thing with the ships.

Drummer has a long hand going on, I wonder what it is, and I know she knows Naomi is on Pellis after Filips slip up.

I doubt they are walking North to Baltimore from Quebec. They are somewhere within a couple days walk to Baltimore.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
According to google, Baltimore is about a week's walk from Chesapeake. Shorter now that they have bikes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Unclear why they'd even go to Baltimore at this point. Wasn't the whole point finding people that could help, now they've got food shelter etc. One imagines the prepper has a radio where they could call on friends for help

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Azhais posted:

Unclear why they'd even go to Baltimore at this point. Wasn't the whole point finding people that could help, now they've got food shelter etc. One imagines the prepper has a radio where they could call on friends for help

Amos said he knew people in Baltimore that could help them. Who knows if that's true, considering that his buddy said Amos would be killed if he ever returned.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cojawfee posted:

Amos said he knew people in Baltimore that could help them. Who knows if that's true, considering that his buddy said Amos would be killed if he ever returned.

Yeah, but that was before they murdered the prepper

Infidelicious
Apr 9, 2013

Comms are probably still a mess just from people trying to get through, and they need to get off the planet not get to safety, as it were.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Cojawfee posted:

That was before a massive attack on the planet. He did say once he left he would be gone forever, but his plans to leave got interrupted.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cojawfee posted:

I think there's extenuating circumstances

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Alex's "Suck on that, motherfuckers!" even as he's being squished to the deck of the Firehawk was loving amazing.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
I just loved the scene where Peaches is staring up at the sky waxing poetic about the moon and Amos says he's pretty sure that's the sun.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
They've been underselling the rocks so honestly I felt the sun being blotted out was more dramatic than what they've been showing

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The yield fuckups sucked but the ground being covered in snow in post-centuries-of-global-warming Maryland in the summer and the sun being so dim it can be mistaken for the moon is doing a good job of selling the devastation. In an understated way that only clicks when you think about it a bit, much classier and cheaper on the CGI than burning cities.

gfarrell80
Aug 31, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I really liked the practice of exchanging crew members. Reminiscent of the ancient practice of taking hostages from aristocratic/royal family members from client states. Nice touch, makes a lot of sense. They'd probably exchange more than one officer, but it was good and obviously has a lot of dramatic potential...

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Crazycryodude posted:

The yield fuckups sucked but the ground being covered in snow in post-centuries-of-global-warming Maryland in the summer and the sun being so dim it can be mistaken for the moon is doing a good job of selling the devastation. In an understated way that only clicks when you think about it a bit, much classier and cheaper on the CGI than burning cities.

Oh, I never thought of that. I remember it wasn't snowing before, did they hint at what season it was on the East Coast?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Alex's "Suck on that, motherfuckers!" even as he's being squished to the deck of the Firehawk was loving amazing.

Yeah I gotta admit that whole scene was great. Bobby finally getting a chance to use her illegaly acquired marine armour, Alex's crazy 0g grenade drop. This was really a great episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

There was so much great poo poo in the episode it almost felt like maybe 3 different episodes back to back.