Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1347008678512254976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Someone else voted Aye besides Cruz. Did anyone else hear that?

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Remember, there was another victim today

I'm begining to understand the time distorting effect of paying attention to Trump news. That happened this morning but so much poo poo happened between now and then that it feels like a week ago. Really don't think it's the sleep deprivation I'm putting myself through just to try and keep up to date.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
miss enema

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Joey Freshwater posted:

Kicks him out of office but doesn't change anything on whether he can run again or not, he'd have to be impeached for that.

I mean, at this point it's better to invoke the 25th and get him removed. Then he can be prevented from running again by being prosecuted for his vast number of crimes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grammarchist posted:

So if Labour ever wins an election in the UK again can we expect them to go through this as well?

"If"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I missed it, what did Graham do, basically try to walk back everything or something?

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

DickParasite posted:

He had hours to coordinate with his staff before reconvening and his CoS has been banned from the WH. Added to that the DoD confirmed Pence gave the order to deploy the NG.

It could be he is only delaying an announcement to avoid switching who is in charge.

I guess his international goodwill tour is delayed at this point? LOL

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

Half is too kind.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
So uh if someone votes aye does this loving garbage continue? Or does it have to be a simple majority?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah Kennedy.

E: or maybe I misheard Hawley.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Jan 7, 2021

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Country space chicken was in my head the whole time graham was talking.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Mr. Tuberville. That name will never not be funny.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Trump still has nuclear weapons. Actual nukes. Hundreds of them

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Needs to be done, today was a disgrace.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
DC cops locking chuds into their hotel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL6ez2OsfXY

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

Ted Cruz must have a fetish for being hated.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

So uh if someone votes aye does this loving garbage continue? Or does it have to be a simple majority?

They need a majority. The two chambers then probably have to go back together and read more states.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, at this point it's better to invoke the 25th and get him removed. Then he can be prevented from running again by being prosecuted for his vast number of crimes.

If he's impeached then he can't run for office again

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Simple majority afaik, but need both house and senate to agree.

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

How the gently caress do these idiots think that someone being elected president that isn't DERNALD TROMP is somehow "taking away life," this poo poo is just surreal. Every other term it'll switch back and forth, balance policies and laws, etc. That's how democracy functions. I just can't comprehend what they truly think is being taken away from them. I just can't. Smoothbrains be damned.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Trump still has nuclear weapons. Actual nukes. Hundreds of them

lol no one is going to obey a launch order from trump right now

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Xenocides posted:

Mr. Tuberville. That name will never not be funny.

Maddow said she heard three - Cruz, Hawley, and Tuberville

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Strong Sauce posted:

i doubt anyone is going to object to any further states after all this.

A guy on NBC said Hawley is still planning to object to Pennsylvania

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Are there any good streams of chuds getting their skulls caved in by cops?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Frank Frank posted:

Oh I'm sure it's a great idea to buy this. I'm sure no one will care and you'll be totally fine.

I dunno I kinda like the idea that someone buys it then it gets donated to a museum when they die (hopefully after many years of life) or when they get bored with it. It'll be a nice piece to remember the day. I'd totally go see that thing in 10 years.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Hawley shot his load and talked about PA while debating AZ.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

It'd have to be a majority of both chambers, and they'd throw out the votes for that state. Which was why this was never going to do anything and making a big deal out of it was a cynical ploy to play to Trump's base.

Well, look what it did. Look what emboldening fascists got you, the capitol breached and looted.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Fake James posted:

Are there any good streams of chuds getting their skulls caved in by cops?

I want like a four hour supercut

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Beginning of the FEMA camps.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

ianskate posted:

How the gently caress do these idiots think that someone being elected president that isn't DERNALD TROMP is somehow "taking away life," this poo poo is just surreal. Every other term it'll switch back and forth, balance policies and laws, etc. That's how democracy functions. I just can't comprehend what they truly think is being taken away from them. I just can't. Smoothbrains be damned.

Because it needs to be taken to this insane level of rhetoric to make their actions and conspiratorial beliefs justifiable.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hawley shot his load and talked about PA while debating AZ.

Which is why he's gonna yield his time. So he'll object and just not speak. Like a moron.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

Talking about Trump voters: "They're not dumb. They're not mindless."

No sir, that is exactly what they are.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Hobo Clown posted:

Hawley gave his Pennsylvania speech during his time for Arizona.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

pbs says their were 6 ayes

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ASenileAnimal posted:

lol no one is going to obey a launch order from trump right now

It really seems like everyone is following Pence's directions now. loving wild.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

eggyolk posted:

Lindsey Graham should be thrown in a woodchipper thats actively falling into a volcano while every American scours the country finding and destroying any evidence that he ever existed, including his relatives and friends.

Tough, but fair.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/crampell/status...%5Es1_&ref_url=

Assholes all.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
goddamn are the gonna keep this poo poo up all night? gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

PBS is saying that the fascist from Missouri will object to the Pennsylvania vote, but that there likely won't be another 2-hour debate. (Whether that means they'll just immediately go to a vote or what, I'm not sure.)