Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Maybe people don't realize it can't be used for the Jäger quest because they must be FIR. And if you buy stuff from flea it is not FIR. I'd simply assume people are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

Wtf, just tried to flea my Rye croutons which after looking at the wiki seem pointless to keep and there were zero people selling them so I thought gently caress it and put them up for 100k and they instantly sold :|. So yea if you find Rye croutons just put them up on the market for stupid money and see what happens I guess?

edit: I'm assuming I'm not missing something and they aren't super important for some reason? I know you can use them as part of a recipe to craft Tushonka but still, 100k?

Yeah, they are expensive because its early wipe and people will pay to get guaranteed FIR Tushonka.

All Bitcoin Farm parts are spiking hard right now, as a good portion of the people playing are getting to it now. Bolts also seem to be insane value at the moment. PSUs are going for 175k+ on flea.

Gurkhali
Apr 25, 2006
Oh Andy Johnson's Magic, he wears a magic hat.....

Just Chamber posted:

Wtf, just tried to flea my Rye croutons which after looking at the wiki seem pointless to keep and there were zero people selling them so I thought gently caress it and put them up for 100k and they instantly sold :|. So yea if you find Rye croutons just put them up on the market for stupid money and see what happens I guess?

edit: I'm assuming I'm not missing something and they aren't super important for some reason? I know you can use them as part of a recipe to craft Tushonka but still, 100k?

Just be mindful of the flea fee when you do that - I just took a look in game and to list croutons for 100k will cost you 151k in fees (with no reductions)!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Just Chamber posted:

You probably paid 97k listing fee to list them for 100k, you might even have paid more than 100k and lost rounbles.

It’s a idiotic vestigial system the idiot devs used to try to limit the prices of flipping vendor items before they vandalized the flea market, and they were too lazy or stupid to bother revising it.

Unsurprisingly to anyone with a brain, people would charge 50k more for the item to make 5k more from flipping it. Like say, you’d buy your allotment of 10 doodads for 10k each and could list them for 50k each and pay a 20k listing fee, or list them for 100k each and pay a 65k listing fee. You’d get 5k more for loving the buyer out of 50k more roubles so that’s how it went.

And even though people can’t buy and flip doodads anymore, the Russian price control system is still in place and is why you got hosed out of your croutons so bad.

e: just saw the above post lol. That’s why you both lost your croutons and also lost 51k. Rip.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

hakimashou posted:

You probably paid 97k listing fee to list them for 100k, you might even have paid more than 100k and lost rounbles.

It’s a idiotic vestigial system the idiot devs used to try to limit the prices of flipping vendor items before they vandalized the flea market, and they were too lazy or stupid to bother revising it.

Unsurprisingly to anyone with a brain, people would charge 50k more for the item to make 5k more from flipping it. Like say, you’d buy your allotment of 10 doodads for 10k each and could list them for 50k each and pay a 20k listing fee, or list them for 100k each and pay a 65k listing fee. You’d get 5k more for loving the buyer out of 50k more roubles so that’s how it went.

And even though people can’t buy and flip doodads anymore, the Russian price control system is still in place and is why you got hosed out of your croutons so bad.

e: just saw the above post lol. That’s why you both lost your croutons and also lost 51k. Rip.

Supposedly the system is still in place to combat RMT.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Pharmaskittle, our friend, and myself had three good raids in a row last night, we didn't die, killed scavs and even a PMC or two, and made out with full inventories. When this game hits, the additional layer of rpg persistence built onto PUBG's eastern block royale aesthetics is sublime.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 7, 2021

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Ihmemies posted:

Maybe people don't realize it can't be used for the Jäger quest because they must be FIR. And if you buy stuff from flea it is not FIR. I'd simply assume people are dumb.

Nah jaeger is the Emylia croutons, the tushonka craft uses regular rye croutons which are either sold out on flea at all times or 100k+

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

Pharmaskittle, our friend, and myself had three good raids in a row last night, we didn't die, killed scavs and even a PMC or two, and made out with full inventories. When this game hits, the additional layer of rpg persistence obuilt nto PUBG's eastern block royale aesthetics is sublime.

thats whats up

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

hakimashou posted:

Hilarious if true, lesson learned I guess but who checks the flea fee? Well I guess I do now

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Jack B Nimble posted:

Pharmaskittle, our friend, and myself had three good raids in a row last night, we didn't die, killed scavs and even a PMC or two, and made out with full inventories. When this game hits, the additional layer of rpg persistence built onto PUBG's eastern block royale aesthetics is sublime.

I also hit level 10 from this and I kinda understand gating the flea market, but lol just lol that they gate convenient item searching. Time to get to my real goal of playing gun barbie

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
My end game goal is to elevate my man's standard of living above "poo poo bucket" and "bare mattress on pallets with a rat nest of old clothes for a pillow".

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah they need to let you do the item search on traders only pre-10 its really annoying

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I asked in the discord last night but went to sleep and may have missed an answer: is building up your hideout REALLY worth it, or should I just keep running and gunning and sell the hideout components I find on the flea market? I'd guess I'm gonna be playing 10-20 matches a week, so I'm an active player but also not poopsocking enough to care about my passive health/stamina/hydration regen.

I did get some good advice on stash management from the discord though, and between that and getting a wallet and pistol case, I can feel the spergy organizing part of my brain lighting up

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
This early into the wipe you definitely want to work on it.

I can't seem to get into any matches, any ideas? I'm on different servers, wait 10+ minutes, etc. I just reinstalled the game, is there something i'm forgetting?

Edit: Looks like when I start trying to play, the servers go down. What luck!

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 7, 2021

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Yes - bitcoin farm, scav case, and some of the crafting loops you unlock with later levels of the workbench are free passive income that will propel you to the EFT Upper-middle class.

It’s easy as hell to make money in this game, but even easier when you can poop out a few bitcoins + random scav case loot + gunpowders/mag boxes/whatever is good to craft on a daily basis

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pharmaskittle posted:

I asked in the discord last night but went to sleep and may have missed an answer: is building up your hideout REALLY worth it, or should I just keep running and gunning and sell the hideout components I find on the flea market? I'd guess I'm gonna be playing 10-20 matches a week, so I'm an active player but also not poopsocking enough to care about my passive health/stamina/hydration regen.

I did get some good advice on stash management from the discord though, and between that and getting a wallet and pistol case, I can feel the spergy organizing part of my brain lighting up

yes, you *absolutely* want to build it - it turns into an infinite money machine, both passively (via the bitcoin farm) and semi-actively (via crafting sellable items & scav case)

whether you should be selling components or keeping them is a bit more nuanced - you won't really go wrong putting components into building your hideout, but you can absolutely make bonkers cash selling hideout components at the right time and I think people benefit most by either being ahead of or behind the general hideout upgrade curve to take advantage of lower flea prices when buying components while selling off whatever is most inflated

but like... that takes pretty decent knowledge of market timing/what you'll need/what's most important, and isn't necessarily what I'd recommend for a new player - basically building it ASAP is fine, and aggressively selling off everything to build a big pile of money before prices on a lot of components collapse is also fine, but you do ultimately want to build it up no matter what, and there is a very real opportunity cost associated with not having it leveled and spitting out roubles

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Also being able to craft good ammo in the hideout is clutch

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Pharmaskittle posted:

This is only my first wipe but I've been playing with a buddy who has a lot of hours. I just got to lvl 10 and he advised me to sell things like bulbs and bolts because they are selling for much higher prices right now than they will towards mid-end wipe. Now I have enough cash that when I hit level 13 I'll be able to buy a junk box and still have a decent amount of rubles left over to keep myself kitted if I should have a lot of bad pmc runs in a row. With all the extra stash space and as my overall experience with the game goes up I'll be looting more effectively and will be able to buy back any hideout resources I'm missing for cheaper as the market adjusts.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Have you guys had any luck with the Rock Passage extract on Shoreline since the wipe? The one north of the resort? I've done probably a couple dozen raids there now, checked it most times, and I haven't seen it open even once.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Super Rad posted:

This is only my first wipe but I've been playing with a buddy who has a lot of hours. I just got to lvl 10 and he advised me to sell things like bulbs and bolts because they are selling for much higher prices right now than they will towards mid-end wipe. Now I have enough cash that when I hit level 13 I'll be able to buy a junk box and still have a decent amount of rubles left over to keep myself kitted if I should have a lot of bad pmc runs in a row. With all the extra stash space and as my overall experience with the game goes up I'll be looting more effectively and will be able to buy back any hideout resources I'm missing for cheaper as the market adjusts.

Honestly dont buy the junkbox, buy the materials for the junkbox recipe and craft it at lavatory level 2, you save > 600k that way. Though I suppose if you're super behind by level 13 on hideout upgrades and nowhere near lav 2 it might not be worth it :shrug: . I've just always found even hoarding all the hideout stuff by level 13 i have more than enough money from selling guns and non hideout loot to both upgrade my hideout a decent amount and buy the armor etc i need, but I also dont tend to buy expensive high gear guns or armor etc that early.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 7, 2021

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Seems like servers are back up and I still can't get into a match. Any idea what I might not be trying? Do I need to allow EFT through my firewall or something? The BSGlauncher is allowed, not sure if I need to do something special for the client.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Just Chamber posted:

Honestly dont buy the junkbox, buy the materials for the junkbox recipe and craft it at lavatory level 2, you save > 600k that way. Though I suppose if you're super behind by level 13 on hideout upgrades and nowhere near lav 2 it might not be worth it :shrug: . I've just always found even hoarding all the hideout stuff by level 13 i have more than enough money from selling guns and non hideout loot to both upgrade my hideout a decent amount and buy the armor etc i need, but I also dont tend to buy expensive high gear guns or armor etc that early.
If the dude's doing ~2 raids a night I legit would recommend selling hideout stuff for the next month. That's about how long it would take him to get his hideout to the point it's beginning outputany return on investment and by then prices on hoses and bolts and all that will be down and he'll have much better experience playing the game with more inventory space and less worrying about money. I'm 240 raids in and I'm mostly focusing on quests but like my scav box just finished in my hideout and I've had bitcoin farm for maybe 60 raids/4 days, that's months off for a new player playing a healthy amount lol.

At most do lav 2 until you feel very comfortable money-wise.

And yes I've taken rock passage twice this wipe.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I solved it. I vaguely remember doing this on my old PC and just forgot it was a requirement for Tarkov. I had to go through and manually open up some of the ports EFT uses for connecting. After that, instant connection. I went from ready to in a match in under a minute.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

Big middle finger to the 3 man chasing and eventually killing me through customs because I managed to stash the lion I found in some random bush, enjoy my lovely VPO :flipoff:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Just Chamber posted:

Hilarious if true, lesson learned I guess but who checks the flea fee? Well I guess I do now

Always take a look at the fee, it's an easy way to make sure you didn't miss or add a digit.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

^ True

Just got to farming part 4, i'm level 20 atm, is it better I save my Graphic's cards (have 2 atm) for a bitcoin farm as they're pretty drat rare or focus on that later and continue the quests?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

farming 4 needs fir gpus, the bitcoin farm doesnt and you can use ones you die with or buy them

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I would wait until you either have a bitcoin farm or 3 FIR cards, and use them for whatever comes first. Putting cards into your farm doesn't take off the FIR status so you can just pull em out and turn them in then if needs be.

But also you can build them from Intel 2 so by the time you can build the farm it's all kind of moot, but if you still only have two you can at least get cracking on some coins while you wait for the third to be built (it takes like 37 hours so that's a decent chunk of change.)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I’d hang onto them until you have at least 3 FIR GPUs - Farming Part 4 is a significant loss of money, but the two quests after are lucrative (especially at current Bitcoin prices), so it is worth doing

the reason to hang onto them for now is that, unless something has changed, GPUs don’t lose FIR status by being put into the miner, so you can use your two to mine Bitcoin until you have a third handy if you complete your mining rig first

e;fb
e: oh and once you do get your Bitcoin rig up and running make sure to always keep at least one card in it (even if you need to buy it it pays itself back almost immediately) - you don’t need to max it out ASAP because the subsequent cards have longer repayment timeframes (though not *that* long at current Bitcoin prices), but the first card is a big deal money-wise since it’s ~20k roubles per hour

LGD fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 8, 2021

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Just getting to the point where I'm doing all the early-mid Shoreline quests (early PKeeper, Punisher, Therapist stuff) and fuuuuuck I forgot how much I hate this map!!!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

DrPop posted:

Just getting to the point where I'm doing all the early-mid Shoreline quests (early PKeeper, Punisher, Therapist stuff) and fuuuuuck I forgot how much I hate this map!!!

I feel you buddy, I gotta get 5 more PMC kills for Punisher 4 and then I can say goodbye to this boring map for awhile. P4 is a contender for my least favorite quest in the game purely for the 10 PMC kills on Shoreline. I'd rather do them anywhere else.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shoreline owns...........

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin

Stux posted:

shoreline owns...........

Gotta agree here. If I go broke playing drunk stupid pistol runs with a full set of keys crashing into resort are an amazingly fun way to make a shocking amount of money. I average about 1mil every other raid.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I finally managed to get to level 10 two days ago and boy is this game more fun when you have unlocked the flee market.
I'm a wealth hoarder in games like this so I had a lot of fun in running my scav on factory and trying to escape with whatever is lying around on the floor, then sell it on the flee. Sure, scav on factory can be frustrating because from time to time I get a headshot before I actually spawn in and there are so many player scavs on factory that shoot everything on sight. But it gives some interesting no investment pvp action with various weapons and chance to get good loot.
And I learn the map for when I actually need to go there with my PMC...

Stuff I have successfully extracted with from factory:
gas analyzer (3)
lab key card
flash drive (2)
assorted keys
obviously various guns

I am at 3.5 mil ruble now. Do you guys have suggestions how I should invest this? I'm not sure if pushing the hideout is the best idea for me so early in wipe as I am a very slow player. I am looking at buying some containers (another ammo box, med case, scav box?; etc..) but maybe they are also too expensive for early wipe...
Any suggestions?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Even at a slower pace, pushing hideout upgrades will for sure be worth it long term - scav case, bitcoin farm, and a few of the lavatory/workbench crafts are incredible (mostly passive) money makers. Of the things you listed, it’s really the only true “investment” in the sense that it will have a return on the money spent.

Cases are always nice, but at a certain point if you need a ton of cases, you’re probably hoarding too much poo poo. It’s worth it for the inventory space and sanity to sell common kit items (guns, standard mags, helmets, etc) and rebuy them when you need them. Like if you say you need a mags case but you just have a bunch of 30 rounders, you should just liquidate those.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Malefitz posted:

I finally managed to get to level 10 two days ago and boy is this game more fun when you have unlocked the flee market.
I'm a wealth hoarder in games like this so I had a lot of fun in running my scav on factory and trying to escape with whatever is lying around on the floor, then sell it on the flee. Sure, scav on factory can be frustrating because from time to time I get a headshot before I actually spawn in and there are so many player scavs on factory that shoot everything on sight. But it gives some interesting no investment pvp action with various weapons and chance to get good loot.
And I learn the map for when I actually need to go there with my PMC...

Stuff I have successfully extracted with from factory:
gas analyzer (3)
lab key card
flash drive (2)
assorted keys
obviously various guns

I am at 3.5 mil ruble now. Do you guys have suggestions how I should invest this? I'm not sure if pushing the hideout is the best idea for me so early in wipe as I am a very slow player. I am looking at buying some containers (another ammo box, med case, scav box?; etc..) but maybe they are also too expensive for early wipe...
Any suggestions?

I always put my money into quality of life stuff, like containers. But i'd also start working on the hideout if I were you. This early into the wipe means you'll have months and months of using it before the next one. It basically prints money at later stages. Yes, you do have to invest in it and there is something to be said about analyzing the cost vs benefit of it, but if you play a lot and get it done early, you make enough off of it to justify building it. Even maxing out the GPU farm. The scav box is fun too and you can get everything from screws to red keycards in it, plus it all counts as found in raid (this is how it was when I played, not sure if it's changed).

I'd really recommend getting the hideout worked on for everyone that plays consistently. If you are only playing a few hours a week, I wouldn't bother, unless you are a god at the game and make enough money off those few hours to afford it.

So I cannot seem to join Reserve. Is that a problem for everyone? I can get into customs easy, but I sit at the Reserve loading screen for so long I just back out and go somewhere else.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Maybe you're right, I do carry around an awful lot of mags I can also just purchase if I need them again...as I said, I'm a hoarder.

So for hideout I understand lavatory 2 is a good starting point, right? And then workbench 2?
Bitcoin farm and scav box seem so awfully far away right now...

Btw, is the shooting range worth it? Will I spend my actual ammunition if I shoot the guns there?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Firing range is kinda neat, and can be useful for testing out optics/recoil/general weapon characteristics. You will not actually consume ammo. It should be relatively low priority though since you can’t do anything there that you can’t just do in an offline raid.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Malefitz posted:

Maybe you're right, I do carry around an awful lot of mags I can also just purchase if I need them again...as I said, I'm a hoarder.

So for hideout I understand lavatory 2 is a good starting point, right? And then workbench 2?
Bitcoin farm and scav box seem so awfully far away right now...

Btw, is the shooting range worth it? Will I spend my actual ammunition if I shoot the guns there?

If you're having trouble with inventory space, the very top of the list of things you can safely get rid of are magazines that can be purchased from traders. The number of mags you can buy from traders will increase over time as you level up but from Level 1 Traders the main ones are 30 round 5.45 AK mags (6L23), 30 round M4 5.56 mags (STANAG) and various low-capacity pistol & SMG mags.

The shooting range is nice to have (I personally highly value the ability to go in and shoot a gun to test it out) but its not a super high priority because it doesn't lead to anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Malefitz posted:

The Clap posted:

The shooting range is nice to have (I personally highly value the ability to go in and shoot a gun to test it out) but its not a super high priority because it doesn't lead to anything else.

since he didn't mention it, the shooting range absolutely does not spend actual ammunition so it's quite convenient for testing

but it pretty much is purely nice-to-have convenience, since you can replicate the testing by spinning up an offline raid - doing so is much more time consuming/annoying that using the gun range, but it's worthwhile to remember the option exists when you want to verify an optic setup is good before embarking on an actual raid