Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Still love Jason Goes to Hell, f the haters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Artist friend of mine made this awhile back and I wanted to post it, but waited until I bought it to do so.

Everything's better with cheddar

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Misery watched, let’s chase it with C.H.U.D. as a palette cleanser!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

married but discreet posted:

Gretel & Hansel by Ozgood Perkins is on Prime/Hulu now - really felt like this was specifically tuned towards making me love it. Sadly it sort of doesn't keep any of the promises it makes and kind of ends up as a dumbed down The VVitch. It's absolutely gorgeous and worth watching on that alone. A bit like a Tarsem Singh movie in that the substance is almost exclusively in the style.

I really enjoyed it. It's not perfect but it's visually stunning. Also the scene showing where all the sumptuous feasts were really coming from is worth the price of admission alone.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

I like the idea of he design in goes to hell because it's meant to reflect all the damage he's taken in the previous movies. But in practice it looks kinda like poo poo.
The problem is that the films actually have been pretty consistent with that over the years. He has the little notch from the ax in Part 3 all the way to Goes to Hell. And in Part VII, he has the part of the face plate destroyed by the motorboat in VI. Part VIII follows through with him having lost his mask to Tina. If anything Jason Goes to Hell Jason kind of retcons him being a frankenzombie skeleton man by giving him flesh toned skin again. I also don't like the skullet or the belt. The whole thing has a pretty dorky silhouette. I'm not a Hodder lover, but they do a poor job of really using his frame.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Zwabu posted:

I really enjoyed it. It's not perfect but it's visually stunning. Also the scene showing where all the sumptuous feasts were really coming from is worth the price of admission alone.

Absolutely this. It’s not an amazing film, but every single frame is gorgeous.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

The problem is that the films actually have been pretty consistent with that over the years. He has the little notch from the ax in Part 3 all the way to Goes to Hell. And in Part VII, he has the part of the face plate destroyed by the motorboat in VI. Part VIII follows through with him having lost his mask to Tina. If anything Jason Goes to Hell Jason kind of retcons him being a frankenzombie skeleton man by giving him flesh toned skin again. I also don't like the skullet or the belt. The whole thing has a pretty dorky silhouette. I'm not a Hodder lover, but they do a poor job of really using his frame.

I figured the change in skin tone was from the toxic waste bath at the end of 8.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Wasn’t feeling CHUD, so I moved onto Cat People, which I’d heard interesting things about. Didn’t realise it was set in New Orleans, so that’s a bit of a homecoming for me (used to live in Baton Rouge).

EDIT: No-one has any kind of Louisiana accent in this. Hmm.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 9, 2021

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Wasn’t feeling CHUD, so I moved onto Cat People, which I’d heard interesting things about. Didn’t realise it was set in New Orleans, so that’s a bit of a homecoming for me (used to live in Baton Rouge).

EDIT: No-one has any kind of Louisiana accent in this. Hmm.

Black and White Cat People, or Nastassia Kinski Cat People?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Zwabu posted:

Black and White Cat People, or Nastassia Kinski Cat People?

The latter. Malcolm McDowell turning up too.

EDIT: “Have you checked the basement?”

In NEW ORLEANS?! There’s no basements in the city cos the water table is about 4 foot down.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 9, 2021

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

More like Jason's reputation goes to hell am I right.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Lurdiak posted:

More like Jason's reputation goes to hell am I right.

But then why does Freddy want Him so bad.

I also just put on Freddy vs Jason

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

New cut from Lost Themes III:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8NHR31TA9E

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
dope

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Just popping in to say The Beach House is an excellent movie to watch while high.

The slow pace, extreme close up shots, and lighting combined to make an experience that was both chilling and smoothing in a way that's hard to explain.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The monster in the first episode of 30 Coins is awesome.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Someone help me with the end of The Wailing, I'm missing something:

So the shaman and the demon (Japanese guy) were in cahoots working together and the woman was actually a good spirit trying to protect the daughter. Got it. But the woman tells the father main character that she has set a trap for the evil spirit at his house and if he goes back before the third rooster cry his whole family will die. He makes a mistake and goes back home early, and we see the trap she set for the evil spirit wither as he passes under it, and then he discovers his entire family dead.

OK, sure, but they were apparently already long dead before he got there and walked under the trap, long enough the daughter could slash em all up and stow them in the other room/closet space. So, uh... what? Was there ever really a chance to save the daughter? Was the "good" spirit just loving with him? Was he, the dad, the "evil spirit" haunting the family? Couldn't quite figure out wtf was going on there.

Despite a little confusion over the ending I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, I liked what an incompetent loving boob the dad was and the fact that he is completely 100% passive weakling the entire movie up until the two points where being passive was needed (the exorcism and the end) and in both of those situations he takes dramatic action in a way that fucks everything up completely. Also, "Who said I was going to let you leave?" is a great moment, and the demon taking pictures of the stunned, slobbering priest while the shaman photographed the family was an excellent scene.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Chas McGill posted:

The monster in the first episode of 30 Coins is awesome.

A religious monster of the week show a la The X-Files, that's in Spanish?

Sign me the gently caress up

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This is the best horror I've seen today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzOLoOEToc

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

come on this is obviously not the place for that unless were talking about horrifically bad ur post is

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Sup nerds

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Does this gal know how to party or what!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

welcome back!!!!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord

The_Doctor posted:

This is the best horror I've seen today.

Turn on ur monitor

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Noice

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

You’re a star! :D

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Grats Deb!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Buglord
Oh WOW I didn't even notice that!

Grats Deb

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Oh hey, grats MZ!

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Oh poo poo everyone's a mod!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Imma mod

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I finally got around to watching the 80s The Blob. When I started it I double checked to make sure I was watching the right movie, because those are some 90s made for TV movie rear end opening credits. But after that it was really good. The effects were fantastic. The Blob basically has the one trick, melting people, but they really go all out with different ways it can melt people. So it never gets boring or repetitive.

My one problem is the evil army subplot. Why is that even there? The movie doesn't need it at all. You've already got the blob gruesomely eating people alive, that is enough menace for the characters. adding "or they might be shot by a gun!" doesn't really raise the stakes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow who'd you have to do to get that?
Oh right

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Run it's the cops

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Retro Futurist posted:

Wow who'd you have to do to get that?
Oh right

It was more a case of "Please stop looking through my windows at night, I'll give you anything, you're scaring my family," and the rest is history :c00lbert:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Hell yeah.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh I see how it is.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Vince MechMahon posted:

I figured the change in skin tone was from the toxic waste bath at the end of 8.
Part 8, which is honestly the last proper Friday movie that follows any sort of continuity, should have ended with toxic waste baby Jason being adopted by a woman named Pamela so the whole thing is one big cycle.

Nice!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Has anyone other than me watched Housewife on Shudder? It's a very :kstare: movie, but I still enjoyed it. It's this weird, gory, horny dream of a movie, and while I'm not sure if it was "good" in the traditional sense it definitely didn't bore me which is the main thing I want from a horror movie.

On another note, anyone got any found footage recommendations? I'm snowed in and I just watched The Bay (which I enjoyed, even if the biology in it is ridiculous even by make believe movie standards "fish don't bite other fish!") and it's put me in the mood to watch horror movies all day (which I also did yesterday because that's when the snow started).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Has anyone other than me watched Housewife on Shudder? It's a very :kstare: movie, but I still enjoyed it. It's this weird, gory, horny dream of a movie, and while I'm not sure if it was "good" in the traditional sense it definitely didn't bore me which is the main thing I want from a horror movie.

You may also enjoy Baskin, by the same director.