Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Don't forget the time the WWE had pro wrestlers take part in an actual boxing tournament for...reasons, and it culminated with actual boxer Butterbean utterly smearing and making a fool of the winner of the tournament, and the business itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

And iirc that was the last thing Gorilla Monsoon was involved with before he died

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Inceltown posted:

Going through the list of jobs people have and none of them are working class folks. It really needs to be drilled into people that it's not the working class that are stupid and vote against their own interest.

People who are relatively safe - for now at least - from the damage caused by chud policies are the ones doing it. Working class people can't afford to travel interstate for a stupid insurrection attempt or even take the day off to vote in a lot of cases.

https://twitter.com/tbridis/status/1347556865840996354?s=20

i'm just over here committing insurrection to protest an election that i chose not to participate in

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Inceltown posted:

Going through the list of jobs people have and none of them are working class folks. It really needs to be drilled into people that it's not the working class that are stupid and vote against their own interest.

People who are relatively safe - for now at least - from the damage caused by chud policies are the ones doing it. Working class people can't afford to travel interstate for a stupid insurrection attempt or even take the day off to vote in a lot of cases.

You have to have money to be able to fly to DC and stay in a hotel with two weeks notice. And all those MAGA hats and plate carriers don’t come cheap.

Meanwhile the schad is on me because the MAGAs found a tweet of mine from Wednesday where I said Josh Hawley should be skinned alive and rolled in salt and now they keep @ing me.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

limp_cheese posted:

He's fighting Butterbean! That's awesome and no wonder he just bounces off of him.

Edit:

Just look at this motherfucker. He may look fat but he is anything but.

king of the four rounders

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This thread is now about Pride Fighting Championships.

Judge! Judge! Judge! Ready? Go!

Rampage Jackson Vs Ricardo Arona:

Wanderlei Silva Vs Rampage Jackson:

Wanderlei Silva Vs Kazushi Sakaraba:

Fedor Emelianenko Vs Kevin Randleman:

Might as well throw some Genki Sudo entrances in here as well:

Just so it's clear, basically everyone else would just walk out to the ring with their team like normal. Genki Sudo is a treasure.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is there a high def version of that sequence in the last gif?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

SirSamVimes posted:

Is there a high def version of that sequence in the last gif?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-qhj3sJ5qs

he isn't in the band anymore though because he got elected to parliament.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

edit: damnit! beaten

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

that is some god drat incredible choreography

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Mister Speaker posted:

Crazy matchups aside, this is still the best PRIDE fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGXgINZpvME

Yeah, that was a brutal fight.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

SirSamVimes posted:

that is some god drat incredible choreography

All of their music videos are like that by the way.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Solice Kirsk posted:

This makes me sad UFC became so dominant. None of that poo poo would be allowed to happen in UFC.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Just so it's clear, basically everyone else would just walk out to the ring with their team like normal. Genki Sudo is a treasure.

:hmmyes:

You left out my favorite Pride fighter: Shogun Rua, who also had a brutal knockout of Quniton Jackson:

https://youtu.be/ErRXP9nihFM (Snap to about 5:30 for the :discourse:)

https://youtu.be/vjNoXuvvZtY

There's also a great segment about him in Fighting in the Age of Loneliness. It was nice, but it just made me nostalgic for watching late 90's/early 2000's punchsports in college.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's worth noting that Fedor won that fight. Being dropped on his head was just an inconvenience.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Dogmeat posted:

Haha are you loving serious? So this is guy has basically done it all at this point.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Dogmeat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-qhj3sJ5qs

So he parties with George Clinton now?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1347950816150351873

Derrick Evans already resigned, too :getin:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

oh dope posted:

Don't forget the time the WWE had pro wrestlers take part in an actual boxing tournament for...reasons, and it culminated with actual boxer Butterbean utterly smearing and making a fool of the winner of the tournament, and the business itself.

It was presented to the wrestlers in the back as a legitimate fighting tournament, with voluntary participation and a cash prize. Dan Severn was in it but dropped out after one or two rounds saying he had nothing to prove, since they kept changing the rules to prevent him from immediately murdering everyone.

Bart Gunn, a low level tag team wrestler of almost no note, won every match he was in, including against "Dr. Death", Steve Williams. Despite being presented as a legit fighting tournament, WWE assumed Williams would win because they wanted it to be the start of a big push for him, and paid him the prize money ahead of time. Bart Gunn knocked his rear end flat.

Bart went on to win the whole thing and his prize was getting to face Butterbean at Wrestlemania? He got creamed almost immediately. In fact, a ton of participants got real injuries that put them out for weeks or months, the fans hated it, and the money paid to Dr. Death was wasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9fmrvYXgtY

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Aramoro posted:

It's worth noting that Fedor won that fight. Being dropped on his head was just an inconvenience.

And when standing in the ring after the fight for the announcement he looked perfectly fine like the fight was no big thing. He was ridiculous.

The schad was people fighting Fedor Emelianenko with hope in their hearts.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Basticle posted:

I've literally never had this happen, what browser are you using?

It's Firefox with the enhanced privacy settings, so I'm used to some stuff breaking. But Discord links break worse and more frequently than others. Twitter frequently breaks but in more predictable ways. If people actually post links to a Twitter post instead of just an image or video from Twitter then it actually works okay.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

I'm no boxer, but as I understood it the ref is supposed to check a fighter after a knockdown, specifically coming up close to see if the fighter can focus their eyes. It looks like the ref wasn't even looking him in the eyes.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’ve seen this before, but still, fuckin hell

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It was presented to the wrestlers in the back as a legitimate fighting tournament, with voluntary participation and a cash prize. Dan Severn was in it but dropped out after one or two rounds saying he had nothing to prove, since they kept changing the rules to prevent him from immediately murdering everyone.

Bart Gunn, a low level tag team wrestler of almost no note, won every match he was in, including against "Dr. Death", Steve Williams. Despite being presented as a legit fighting tournament, WWE assumed Williams would win because they wanted it to be the start of a big push for him, and paid him the prize money ahead of time. Bart Gunn knocked his rear end flat.

Bart went on to win the whole thing and his prize was getting to face Butterbean at Wrestlemania? He got creamed almost immediately. In fact, a ton of participants got real injuries that put them out for weeks or months, the fans hated it, and the money paid to Dr. Death was wasted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9fmrvYXgtY

I remember this happening and I get why the WWE wanted to do it, I just have never understood why they thought any of their guys would have a prayer against actual trained fighters. It is exceptionally well known that trained fighters will mop the floor with untrained folks, particularly in actual boxing. Size and toughness really, really don't count for much above the street brawling level.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status/1348067354773749760

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

limp_cheese posted:

He's fighting Butterbean! That's awesome and no wonder he just bounces off of him.

Edit:

Just look at this motherfucker. He may look fat but he is anything but.
Johnny Knoxville had a great interview talking about Butterbean being the nicest, kindest man you'll ever meet until the bell rings. (at about 3:10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsKXq8AQTZE

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

Azathoth posted:

I remember this happening and I get why the WWE wanted to do it, I just have never understood why they thought any of their guys would have a prayer against actual trained fighters. It is exceptionally well known that trained fighters will mop the floor with untrained folks, particularly in actual boxing. Size and toughness really, really don't count for much above the street brawling level.

Pro wrestling yearns, especially since Vince McMahon took over the entire business, for mainstream acceptance. Displaying well known, legitimate tough guys in their ring is one of the ways they do it. Ken Shamrock, Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar are examples of this. The problem is, these guys expose the fluffy muscle wrestlers as total schlubs in terms of real fighting skill, (or worse, the exact opposite happens) and it wrecks the illusion.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The only legit good thing that came from Brawl for All was Bart Gunn destroying a known bully and piece of poo poo John "Bradshaw" Layfield.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9JOEYxwwbk&t=110s

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

oh dope posted:

Pro wrestling yearns, especially since Vince McMahon took over the entire business, for mainstream acceptance. Displaying well known, legitimate tough guys in their ring is one of the ways they do it. Ken Shamrock, Kurt Angle, and Brock Lesnar are examples of this. The problem is, these guys expose the fluffy muscle wrestlers as total schlubs in terms of real fighting skill, (or worse, the exact opposite happens) and it wrecks the illusion.

Funny thing is that the thing that has gotten them the most mainstream acceptance recently is a video game YouTube channel.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

drgitlin posted:

Meanwhile the schad is on me because the MAGAs found a tweet of mine from Wednesday where I said Josh Hawley should be skinned alive and rolled in salt and now they keep @ing me.

Didn't realize there were still edgy teens on SA.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1348090892033413129

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qmnziwD4RY1r0uzl6.mp4

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

What happens to all the personal info they collected when they get an overseas server? Will there be a mass of chuds having their identities stolen? :getin:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Accidentally ate this today

It was actually really good, better than most beef sticks I've had

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Icon Of Sin posted:

What happens to all the personal info they collected when they get an overseas server? Will there be a mass of chuds having their identities stolen? :getin:

I think that happens as part of the Parler sign up process anyway.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Sorry you're a dog now. Go tell people to kill.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

oh dope posted:

There was an episode of Dark Side of the Ring about this promotion. I can’t remember the specifics, but I seem to remember that the WWE wanted Bart Gunn to lose. He wasn’t supposed to be the winner of the tournament in the first place, and WWE didn’t know what to do with him as a solo wrestler, and they wanted him to lose so they wouldn’t need to push him over other wrestlers that they already had plans for.

See, horse meat isn’t that bad.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

If it's good it ain't schaden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU