Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doc Fission posted:

The American salad creation method of hucking mayonnaise on stuff is baffling but I will say egg and potato salads are pretty alright. German potato salad is best because vinegary stuff is always superior to the alternative, and egg salad is best on a sandwich IMHO.

More importantly:

I had to Google this one and

Oh my.

Clam salad. :backtowork:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

OMFG FURRY posted:

the midwest everyone!

Indeed. That was all Michigan I think?

When I have some free time I plan on going through more Route 66 areas, there is a lot of wild tacky poo poo all along.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).
Have any tractor demolition derbys been posted? Those are fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLJwPKzCWfI

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBs455jwb8w

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

how fancy

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

I Shot The Serif posted:

If you ever take I-85 south through SC instead of I-95 (which is how you get to South of the Border), you'll see the giant Gaffney peach rear end water tower:

The peach butt is basically the halfway point between my hometown and Charlotte, so when my grandparents lived in Charlotte we used to pass by it all the time. I moved away for good about a decade ago, but after House of Cards came out I legit got people asking me if it was real.

Actually back home right now due to a death, and I brought my husband for the first time. I keep joking we should go visit it. It's outdoors so it shouldn't increase our covid risk more than coming here in the first place did.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

this fuckin old hag forgot to pick up her wiener poopies lmao

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
God Bless the Aardvark. I laughed.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

sliami posted:

pls post more dope americana pics. ik y'all goons love cooking tangents but this thread is like really good art reference

This is very true and although I also love cooking details (and often cause them) this is a cool thread and we have hundreds of cooking threads and discord’s....

Apologies for contributing to the intermittent chat!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Have any tractor demolition derbys been posted? Those are fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLJwPKzCWfI

Have the most americana.mp4 video ever, people getting set on fire on purpose, cars flying through burning RV's, some RV figure 8 racing, and to top it all off, some fireworks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_RZM1XioQU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't like cold potato dishes so I don't like potato salad.

It's also good with still warm potatoes.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Kiwsine

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Interesting method of putting your hanky code on permanent display.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13cS7oQwCHc

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Doc Fission posted:

The American salad creation method of hucking mayonnaise on stuff is baffling but I will say egg and potato salads are pretty alright. German potato salad is best because vinegary stuff is always superior to the alternative, and egg salad is best on a sandwich IMHO.

More importantly:

I had to Google this one and

Oh my.

Lol I grew up in semi-rural Pennsylvania and ham salad was definitely a thing. My grandmother used to make it and it was just as disgusting as it looks. It’s literally just ham and a bunch of mayonnaise. Even today when I go back to my hometown local delis will have it for sale.

In defense of fat Americans and our predilection for slapping mayonnaise on something and calling it salad, you can dress it up with spices and make something pretty good. Curried chicken salad is delicious. But most American cooks, unless they’re South American/Asian descent don’t understand the meaning of the word seasoning.

Relevant Simpson’s clip.

https://youtu.be/kPA90uCyc7A

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 10, 2021

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Too real

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Heyyy we've got a tractor ring too in the back yard..

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
does anyone have a link to the Silver Lake Memorial Day video, the one where the guy says "this dude is the motherfuckin' whip poo poo of the motherfuckin' shitter bongers"? that's a pretty solid Americana resource

e: nvm, found it: :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJXI10O_o58:nws:

china bot fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jan 10, 2021

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Deep-fried Oreos (or whatever else can be thrown into a fryer), a great American tradition at State Fairs everywhere:

This looks like Santa passed out on the lawn after a night of extreme party rockin'. Owns.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Where's this a dump?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Where's this a dump?

Yeah, America.

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

china bot posted:

does anyone have a link to the Silver Lake Memorial Day video, the one where the guy says "this dude is the motherfuckin' whip poo poo of the motherfuckin' shitter bongers"? that's a pretty solid Americana resource

e: nvm, found it: :nws:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJXI10O_o58:nws:

levels of trashy that shouldn't even be possible

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I found the aforementioned quote. It is actually seemingly a woman saying it about another woman, which is even stranger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJXI10O_o58&t=894s

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dumping or stealing?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Zugzwang posted:

Deep-fried Oreos (or whatever else can be thrown into a fryer), a great American tradition at State Fairs everywhere:

This looks like Santa passed out on the lawn after a night of extreme party rockin'. Owns.

I once had a deep fried cookie ice cream sandwich (like the tollhouse ones in a yellow bag I think?) And it was delicious but also I could feel my heart getting hit by all the grease 5 minutes later. Worth it though.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

vlad3217 posted:

I once had a deep fried cookie ice cream sandwich (like the tollhouse ones in a yellow bag I think?) And it was delicious but also I could feel my heart getting hit by all the grease 5 minutes later. Worth it though.
Deep fried pecan pie on a stick is the best. They have to fry it straight from the freezer or else it’ll melt.

Pecan pie is already one of the highest sugar/fat pies, so I feel like the deep-fried version is something they should offer at Heart Attack Grill.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zugzwang posted:

Deep fried pecan pie on a stick is the best. They have to fry it straight from the freezer or else it’ll melt.

Pecan pie is already one of the highest sugar/fat pies, so I feel like the deep-fried version is something they should offer at Heart Attack Grill.

I can't even imagine a more calorically dense food

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zugzwang posted:

i want to try it but i prefer the my blood be without lumps

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

The Bloop posted:

I can't even imagine a more calorically dense food

my neighbor used to do shots of butter

i was not a fan

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bob dobbs is dead posted:

my neighbor used to do shots of butter

i was not a fan

what temperature was the butter

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
melted in the microwave

then again, butter has significant water content. i suppose the acme is doing shots of olive oil

he was actually normal weight cuz he ate a normal diet and just did this one thing

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
By normal weight, do you mean about 200 pounds? That's apparently average for an adult American man.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Scrotum Modem posted:

https://i.imgur.com/u8uoqMC.mp4

enabling the optional audio not really necessary to experience it. that bitch be chuggin ranch. americana.mp4

someone in another thread pointed out this is probably just an alcoholic :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!