Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I would not seriously consider 21:9 if you play a lot of older games. It's just not a great experience, it's like going 16:9 on late 90s titles before all the remasters and fan patches. Even stuff that isn't old - for example, I just started playing the DMC HD collection, and you have to either play in a window or drop your desktop resolution to get it to the right AR on an ultrawide. Also, if you're a big fan of immersion keep in mind that cutscenes are designed with a specific AR in mind and that pretty much requires that cutscenes be vert- in every game, and sometimes that can cost you important visual context.

It's also no replacement for two monitors from a gaming perspective - you can't dedicate one space to the game and another to chat/media/whatever.

Bobstar posted:

I'm using a LG 27UK650-W IPS monitor, which I originally bought for my freelance work, but has become my default working at home monitor.

I recently noticed a distinct yellow bleed from along the bottom edge - centred, almost all the way across, about 1.5cm high and tapering off. This is only really visible on white, which is why I haven't noticed it for so long - that space is normally taken up by my day-job Windows taskbar. I only noticed it when I plugged my Mac (dock at the side) into it.

The fact that this is a yellow strip visible on a white background with high ambient lighting makes me think it's not IPS glow, is that correct? Very hard to take a photo that shows it sadly.

That's definitely not normal. Even with IPS (which has the best off-angle color reproduction) it's normal to see SOME degree of contrast shift - i.e. the bottom edge of all my monitors looks slightly different where I sit vs putting my eyes level with the bottom of them - but a decent IPS monitor should not show any color shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

K8.0 posted:

That's definitely not normal. Even with IPS (which has the best off-angle color reproduction) it's normal to see SOME degree of contrast shift - i.e. the bottom edge of all my monitors looks slightly different where I sit vs putting my eyes level with the bottom of them - but a decent IPS monitor should not show any color shift.

Ok that's what I thought, thanks. I busted out the proper camera and tweaked the photo to show the problem. Imagine the screen was bright white, the yellow fringing at the bottom looks as in the photo to the naked eye.

Guess I'd better make a fuss before the general EU 2 year thing runs out :(

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Ok thanks guys, that's kind of what I figured. I'll have to revisit my desk and see about reorganizing things to make it more suitable.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Coredump posted:

Current setup is a 34" ultrawide that I sit just left of center of. And to the left I have 27" 2560x1440 monitor in portrait and boy is it tall lol. But it works for what I need for having a 2nd monitor while gaming.

This is exactly what i'll be doing. Many of the ultrawides utilize software that lets you split the screens in certain ways, so you can go from 2 screens to 3, or 4, 5, etc. I just need to find another ultrawide to replace my old one. I went from 2x monitors to an ultrawide and had no problems gaming. My next setup will be a 27" and a 34" using splitscreen.

Edit: Has anyone used this ultrawide: lg 34gn850-b? It seems to be the "highest rated" ultrawide monitor and now that we are talking about it, I want to go ahead and upgrade my ultrawide.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 5, 2021

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The Gunslinger posted:

Has anyone gone from dual monitors to a single ultrawide? I switched to dual monitors at home awhile ago and it's pretty good but takes up a ton of space on my desk that I would love to reclaim.

Sounds like you don't have a monitor arm, which is the single best way to reclaim space while also being able to move the screens around to suit whatever you're doing at the time

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Gunslinger posted:

Has anyone gone from dual monitors to a single ultrawide? I switched to dual monitors at home awhile ago and it's pretty good but takes up a ton of space on my desk that I would love to reclaim. Gaming off-center is a bit weird too, I turn my chair but I've never quite adjusted.

I've been considering a 3440x1440 monitor for more horizontal space, something like an Acer Nitro XV340CK or whatever. I do have some concerns though, I play a lot of older games and I'm worried they won't handle 21:9 well. The other concern is lovely titles with bad borderless window implementations (Pathfinder: Kingmaker for example) where the game minimizes if it loses focus. I guess in the latter scenario this happens on dual monitors anyway.

I don't really code or do anything crazy at home anymore, its just nice having a second monitor to browse while you game sometimes.
Just put one monitor in the center and the others elsewhere. Best by test. Doesn't solve the space issue, but I'm not convinced an ultrawide would either.

I'm firmly in the "I hate ultrawides" and "I hate large monitors" and "if you put my primary monitor offcenter I am going to get up and walk away" crowd. Although I use a high refresh rate 27" 1440p ips as my primary monitor right now and it's kind of too big. I'm likely going to back 21" (in my dreams)-24" (realistically because that's what panels people produce) for my next monitor purchase whenever that is. Then I'll post about how I miss 27" 1440p screen's benefits, because the truth is everything has tradeoffs when it comes to monitor choices.

There's an opposite crowd that loves huge 4k monitors and ultrawides and hates multiple monitor setups. If you think an ultrawide would work well for you then you'll probably love it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 5, 2021

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I was all about getting an UW. Went with the AW3418DW about 18 months ago after using dual 24” monitors. Kinda regretted it for most things.

I had lots of issues with gaming on my ultrawide as I play mostly indie and older games so I bit the bullet and also got a 1440p 27” 144hz display and am rocking both. The ultrawide is kinda overkill now but certain games look stunning on it and it’s kinda become my Red Dead Redemption 2/YouTube/Twitter screen while gaming on the 1440p display.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
I've had an ultrawide for 2+ years now and would never want to go back.

For gaming I've really found the complaints to be overblown--most modern games work fine (other than cutscenes on lazy ones, which get pillared). For most everything else, if a game doesn't properly support 21:9, I just drop back to 16:9 with pillaring and it works fine. Obviously you don't get the use of your full ultrawide at that point because you're basically faking a 27" 1440p, but it's better than having stuff stretched awkwardly.

There are some games that just refuse to play nice without extra effort, but I've only run into a small handful of them--and most of those have been console ports. I have run into exactly 0 that I couldn't get to run at a proper aspect ratio with a little effort.

The biggest downside for gaming with a single ultrawide vs 2x smaller monitors is the inability to use the second monitor for assorted trash--guides, chat, whatever. If you're a big user of such, then that's something to seriously consider. I've idly wondered if you can use one of the software monitor divider programs to set a 2560x1440 zone and a 880x1440 zone to give you at least a small strip you could use for chat or something alongside a game, but I ended up just using actual additional monitors because I apparently want all the desktop space. All of it.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Are there some Goon recommended monitor arms out there?

I’m currently rocking this setup as with the stands the monitors didn’t sit well next to each other. But my necks killing me.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Disappointing Pie posted:

Are there some Goon recommended monitor arms out there?

The Amazon Basic ones are re-branded Ergotech or similar, and are really very good for their price. Cheaper than that and you start rolling the dice on whether the arm will work properly.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Butterfly Valley posted:

Sounds like you don't have a monitor arm, which is the single best way to reclaim space while also being able to move the screens around to suit whatever you're doing at the time

I do have a pair of ergotron arms but my workspace is kinda limited. I'll experiment a bit with placement tonight and see about moving them. I don't think I could fit an ultrawide and a 27" secondary screen unless I got a new desk. That's an option though so I'll consider that too. Thanks everyone for weighing in. I'm in Canada so we don't have the easy Husky option from Amazon, I'll have to find something else that fits my space.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Khorne posted:

Just put one monitor in the center and the others elsewhere. Best by test. Doesn't solve the space issue, but I'm not convinced an ultrawide would either.

I'm firmly in the "I hate ultrawides" and "I hate large monitors" and "if you put my primary monitor offcenter I am going to get up and walk away" crowd. Although I use a high refresh rate 27" 1440p ips as my primary monitor right now and it's kind of too big. I'm likely going to back 21" (in my dreams)-24" (realistically because that's what panels people produce) for my next monitor purchase whenever that is. Then I'll post about how I miss 27" 1440p screen's benefits, because the truth is everything has tradeoffs when it comes to monitor choices.

There's an opposite crowd that loves huge 4k monitors and ultrawides and hates multiple monitor setups. If you think an ultrawide would work well for you then you'll probably love it.

I'm getting to this point too. Next purchase will likely include 3 x 21.5" monitors for all my work-from-home/productivity crap and maybe gaming if I can find the time again. That being said, I haven't tried many ultrawides yet.

I have this delusion of building some furniture for the home, including a standing desk/table with a built-in riser for 3 monitors for my space-limited office. I own the fact that this may be my mid-life crisis.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

ShowTime posted:

This is exactly what i'll be doing. Many of the ultrawides utilize software that lets you split the screens in certain ways, so you can go from 2 screens to 3, or 4, 5, etc. I just need to find another ultrawide to replace my old one. I went from 2x monitors to an ultrawide and had no problems gaming. My next setup will be a 27" and a 34" using splitscreen.

Edit: Has anyone used this ultrawide: lg 34gn850-b? It seems to be the "highest rated" ultrawide monitor and now that we are talking about it, I want to go ahead and upgrade my ultrawide.

I got one last month, really happy with it and use my PG279Q (1440p) in portrait mode next to it as a second monitor.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I went for the viewsonic elite XG270QC https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VKPWYQ5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 based on a really good review, a decent price point, and having liked my previous curved VA a whole lot.

But now I'm struggling with really bad bright orange flashing behind the black text whenever I scroll. I assume this is ghosting. What do I adjust to correct this? And can anyone tell me why the "overlock" feature in my bios forces it to 2048x1536? Edit figured this out. Overclocking refresh rate means drawing more small screens faster.

Other than this orange things I really like the monitor so far!

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jan 6, 2021

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Sounds like it could be inverse ghosting caused by pixel overshoot. Look for a response time setting, sometimes called overdrive.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Shipon posted:

I got one last month, really happy with it and use my PG279Q (1440p) in portrait mode next to it as a second monitor.

Cool, I went ahead and got one since I had an Ebay coupon. I'll report back on my setup when it's all setup and played with for a week. The ultrawide isn't suppose to arrive until Jan 19th, but hopefully it gets here sooner. The LG 34gn850-b is suppose to be out for delivery today.

Edit: The seller actually cancelled my order, which after getting the new LG GN950 monitor today, i'm glad they did. I'm just gonna use this setup of my old ultrawide and the new GN950. It's plenty.

What I need now is some good ultrawide monitor split screen software. Any recommendations? I had one that was supplied by LG on my old PC, but apparently it's no longer supported.

Also, the seller that shipped my LG GN950 shipped it in a garbage bag. No joke. It arrived in the original packaging and wrapped in two garbage bags with the label on the garbage bag.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jan 7, 2021

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I finally did it. I shelled out for two new LG 27GL850-B's.

Going from 2x 1080 monitors to 2x 1440 monitors is wild. I'm not sure how I feel about this HDR stuff though.

ShowTime posted:

Also, the seller that shipped my LG GN950 shipped it in a garbage bag. No joke. It arrived in the original packaging and wrapped in two garbage bags with the label on the garbage bag.

Hey, that beats what Amazon did with mine, which was just dump two retail boxes on my front step, in plain view, advertising "Here's $1000 worth of monitors to steal!"

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Warmachine posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about this HDR stuff though.

HDR is, still, straight up broken in winders unless your are using an OLED TV. You can turn it off with gusto.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

DrDork posted:

The Amazon Basic ones are re-branded Ergotech or similar, and are really very good for their price. Cheaper than that and you start rolling the dice on whether the arm will work properly.

I just set up two of these cheapo brand monitor arms that I got for about $25 each: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T3KCQ94/

They work fine for reclaiming desk space, which is the main reason I got them. Adjusting them is kind of finnicky though, and I'd definitely look into a higher quality product if you plan on moving your monitors around a lot. I'm mostly a set it and forget it type of person, so I think I'll be ok with this for the price I paid.

My only reservation with them currently is that they're very prone to shaking, to the extent that even normal typing on my keyboard can cause my displays to wobble noticably. I'm hoping I'll be able to fix this if I adjust the various arm tensions a bit more.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I have an Acer XG270HU and ideally what I'd like to do is plug my Switch into it, but also keep using it as my main computer display. My issue is that in order to switch inputs from DP to HDMI I have to press several unlabeled buttons under the monitor which I find very clumsy and I don't want to do it all the time. Not the end of the world but I'm wondering if there is a little software tool that will let me do this on my second display without having to touch any monitor buttons?

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
You might be able to send CEC commands (there are some utilities that let you send raw cec packets) but I have no idea whether that monitor supports it and whether it implements that particular command.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

I have an Acer XG270HU and ideally what I'd like to do is plug my Switch into it, but also keep using it as my main computer display. My issue is that in order to switch inputs from DP to HDMI I have to press several unlabeled buttons under the monitor which I find very clumsy and I don't want to do it all the time. Not the end of the world but I'm wondering if there is a little software tool that will let me do this on my second display without having to touch any monitor buttons?

Maybe. Depends on whether or not the monitor exposes that option via data display channel control. Here's a little writeup of a guy using ControlMyMonitor from NirSoft to do so: https://johnstonsoftwaresolutions.com/2019/02/09/tip-switch-monitor-inputs-with-command-line/

There are probably other utilities out there that also allow access to the data display channel of your monitor, if that one isn't to your liking.

Note that the caveat to using it seems to be it's a one-way switch: once you push the monitor over to the Switch, the PC may not be able to see it anymore, and thus not be able to send the command needed to bring it back. I suspect this is very dependent on whether or not the non-active monitor is considered disconnected from the PC or not, so it may or may not work better for you than for him.

Otherwise you could look into getting a KVM switch for it, or just putting a little piece of tape on the bottom bezel to mark the button placements.

DrDork fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jan 8, 2021

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I use controlmymonitor to swap inputs with a script. It's pretty cool! That plus a usb switch for peripherals let's me switch between work and play PCs easily.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

DrDork posted:

Maybe. Depends on whether or not the monitor exposes that option via data display channel control. Here's a little writeup of a guy using ControlMyMonitor from NirSoft to do so: https://johnstonsoftwaresolutions.com/2019/02/09/tip-switch-monitor-inputs-with-command-line/

There are probably other utilities out there that also allow access to the data display channel of your monitor, if that one isn't to your liking.

Note that the caveat to using it seems to be it's a one-way switch: once you push the monitor over to the Switch, the PC may not be able to see it anymore, and thus not be able to send the command needed to bring it back. I suspect this is very dependent on whether or not the non-active monitor is considered disconnected from the PC or not, so it may or may not work better for you than for him.

Otherwise you could look into getting a KVM switch for it, or just putting a little piece of tape on the bottom bezel to mark the button placements.

Hey thanks this worked like a charm. It even lets me switch back and forth for whatever reason, I guess the Switch dock doesn't count as a new PC so the monitor stays connected. I like that you can save a settings profile too since the color/brightness/contrast doesn't look quite right in Switch mode without some adjustments and now I can fiddle with them without affecting my main setup.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

MMF Freeway posted:

Hey thanks this worked like a charm. It even lets me switch back and forth for whatever reason, I guess the Switch dock doesn't count as a new PC so the monitor stays connected. I like that you can save a settings profile too since the color/brightness/contrast doesn't look quite right in Switch mode without some adjustments and now I can fiddle with them without affecting my main setup.

DisplayPort (and probably HDMI) specs have a protocol for "going to sleep but I'm still on this cable if you want to switch".

Disconnecting and shuffling all your icons when you switch the inputs or power off the monitor is not how it's supposed to work at all actually. It's just all the early monitor controller boards had that firmware glitch.

Acer is actually one of the few display companies that got this right, right from the beginning (XG270HU is quite old, my XB270HU also had it). Dell definitely did not for a long time, it was a complaint with both my Dell S2716DG and P2715Q. Dunno about ASUS but iirc they disconnected, maybe.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 9, 2021

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I had the same problem, but my monitor is connected through a Hackintosh so there's not really any hope for me - or at least none that can be guarantee no problems. I ended up buying an Elgato capture card and just load up that app fullscreen and have my Switch plugged into it. It's probably the most expensive "make my life a tiny bit easier" thing I've ever bought.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

LODGE NORTH posted:

I had the same problem, but my monitor is connected through a Hackintosh so there's not really any hope for me - or at least none that can be guarantee no problems. I ended up buying an Elgato capture card and just load up that app fullscreen and have my Switch plugged into it. It's probably the most expensive "make my life a tiny bit easier" thing I've ever bought.

the actual answer nowadays is to buy one of Level1Tech's DP repeater/cloner units. It completely solves this problem, you go: DP to cloner, the cloner has a DP out and an HDMI out, and you can configure the EDID profile. The cloner is set up to never disconnect from the host, and I think you should be able to set your own EDID profiles if you want?

https://store.level1techs.com/products/dp-repeater-hdmi-splitter

Edit: this is for the DisplayPort disconnect bug / sleep bug / etc not Switch.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jan 9, 2021

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hi goons i recently bought a lg 27gl850 and I love it, except the headphone jack on the monitor is very very tinny sounding. is this common on this monitor or should I request a replacement? any kind of highs in audio squeel (basically all youtube videos since theyre compressed badly)

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Was there anything in particular announced at CES in regards to 27"(-ish) 4K HFR displays, other than reaffirming the XV282K?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Empress Brosephine posted:

hi goons i recently bought a lg 27gl850 and I love it, except the headphone jack on the monitor is very very tinny sounding. is this common on this monitor or should I request a replacement? any kind of highs in audio squeel (basically all youtube videos since theyre compressed badly)
just for fun, have you tried it over both HDMI and DisplayPort and see if it makes a difference?

Anyways i can't speak to that particular model, possibly they're all not great. that said, reasons like that is why I bought a Schiit usb DAC/AMP (Magni 3 + modi) combo. no regrets, it owns. i've always had spotty decent-or-miss audio quality coming in from the mobo or plugging into a monitor, plus having a little volume/power switch on my desk is nice.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jan 9, 2021

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the audio is bad over both inputs; i wanted to basically daisy chain my speakers so i can use the speakers on both computers. maybe i should just buy a DAC if this is possible

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
ah if you're doing multiple computers that may be tricky then. Possibly there are some multi-computer switches that let you plug USB devices into it that then can swap it between computers but idk. it's definitely nice for 1-pc but I can't speak the capabilities of doing usb-multi pc switching.

I guess it doesn't hurt to send in a support ticket. but it's also possibly it's just low-quality audio components in the monitor overall. Could also see what reddit or amazon reviews or other thing say about that particular model and if that's typical or not

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good idea; i'll reach out on Reddit. Thanks for the help!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I presume you were using the monitor->output jack on a previous monitor and it was fine right?

fwiw typing in "audio" to amazon Q&A/reviews a fair amount of people have said the audio jack quality is pretty trash: https://www.amazon.com/LG-27GL850-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07TD94TQF/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=lg+27gl850&qid=1610227239&sr=8-2

Although some others have said it was fine/works well. So who knows, seems it's not an uncommon problem to say the least but may not be the case for every single one produced. If it's not a lot of trouble and if it's free to RMA, you could try a replacement. But from the sound of it it doesn't seem like it's a selling-point or has much qa/qc going on on the audio-side of things. It seems quite possibly a replacement could be better, but it's also possibly it won't be. I guess it's sort of up to you to figure out if it's worth getting it replaced or not.

Generally as a rule of thumb I'd say monitor audio-out quality is usually not great, it's mostly "serviceable". I think you're more likely to notice bad audio quality with speakers than you are with typical headphones.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 9, 2021

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
One workaround to crappy audio from headphone jacks (tinny, hiss, etc) I've found over the years is by putting a volume attenuator in the line, cranking the device volume to at or near maximum, and then using the attenuator to bring it back down to safe/comfortable levels. It is just a simple in-line volume dial, you can get them on amazon for $10, may be worth a try.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that’s a good idea. Before I just had the speakers hooked straight to my PC and it sounded fine (although they’re cheap Logitech speakers). Then I tried the monitor, got the distortion, then plugged it into my Mac and fine again.

Not sure what to do about the RMA. It is free so maybe I give it a shot. Thanks all for the help!

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've been using the LG 27GN950-B for a few days now and love it. Really good looking screen and i'm very happy with it. I'm not a fan of using a 27" and 34" ultrawide though, so i'm gonna go ahead and get rid of the 34" ultrawide (it's old as hell) and get another 27". I think i'm just gonna go with the 27GL850-B though, as I don't really see a need for two 4k monitors. I think just 1 for when I need 4k will be fine. But I cannot recommend the 27GN950-B more. I had a hard time finding one, but if you can get it, especially at a good price, i'd go for it.

Edit: also, one thing I really love about it and maybe all monitors these days have it but I love it, is that it has a feature to put a crosshair in the middle of the screen. Great for games where you don't have one.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 10, 2021

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Warmachine posted:

I finally did it. I shelled out for two new LG 27GL850-B's.

Going from 2x 1080 monitors to 2x 1440 monitors is wild. I'm not sure how I feel about this HDR stuff though.

Let me know how you like it. I've had these in my cart for a little while now and can't pull the trigger.

Would there be a big difference in those and the two Dell U2410 monitors I have? The Dells are crazy old (believe I've had them over 10 years) but were real high end at the time. Almost impossible to find 1920x1200 these days. They've been great but are a bit big and use a lot of power. Plus one is starting to lose its brightness and hard to calibrate with the other.

Guess I'm not sure whether I should go with new monitors or not. I do some games, but not a ton where I'd need some insanely high end monitor. The rest is work stuff where I do some photo and video editing (nothing real big). I feel like I'm due for an update but I also don't want to drop $800 for minimal improvement.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/VideoCardz/status/1348581026830938112
:sickos:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

well gently caress. kinda glad ive been waiting a "generation" here on monitors. unfortunately not sure my desk has room for 2x 27" monitors, ive got a 24" and a 27" and it's barely enough to have one dead-on and one slightly off to the side so i'll have to think about that

i really could use the screen real-estate for having a ton of work-related windows open

then again not always the best idea to early-adopt first-gen of these types.