Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bar Crow posted:

Should replace him with adult Macaulay Culkin.
But Miku is like the ultimate safe replacement.
I mean, she's already invented Minecraft and Harry Potter, what can't she do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Nice star, Sheriff.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

piratepilates posted:

congratulations you two on being new cd mods.

Thank you! It's probably weird for people who aren't used to seeing me, but I've been modding the CineD Discord for a little while now, and people seem to think I did a good job. If anyone has any issues or suggestions feel free to contact me, I'm always happy to help however I can.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Coaaab posted:

What other perfs have you seen by him?

12 Angry Men, Dr. Strangelove, Changeling, Firestarter, Exorcist 3. He's no slouch and I need to check out more of his filmography.

Calling it "easily his best" is probably overstating things though, I admit.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I wanted to find out how to watch the George C Scott movie Hardcore and I was very specific when I did that google search.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Nice star, Sheriff.

piratepilates posted:

congratulations you two on being new cd mods.

Thanks!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Make me moderator for ten minutes so I can ban Vinegar Syndrome until they release the special edition Freaked blu-ray Alex Winter told everyone about.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Someone buy Vinegar Syndrome an account.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Hi CineD goons. Did you watch some more TV than normal due to the implosion of Big Hollywood this year? If so, swing by the Annual TVIV TV Viewers Poll thread and cast your votes for the best shows of the year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952217

:siren:Deadline for submissions is 12:01AM PST on Jan 18th:siren:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't remember who said it or whether it was even in this particular thread, but someone said they're having trouble finding the "energy" to watch movies and I'm feeling this same way recently. Watching movies at home has always been rough because it's difficult to get immersed in an environment with so much easy distraction, but now it feels even more difficult. I have almost all the major streaming services and it still feels hard to find something new to commit to watching

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

The Klowner posted:

I can't remember who said it or whether it was even in this particular thread, but someone said they're having trouble finding the "energy" to watch movies and I'm feeling this same way recently. Watching movies at home has always been rough because it's difficult to get immersed in an environment with so much easy distraction, but now it feels even more difficult. I have almost all the major streaming services and it still feels hard to find something new to commit to watching

Yes, but I have to vote for the BAFTAs so I have been doing my customary Dec/Jan watching binge. Didn’t watch many films at allprior to that.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Klowner posted:

I feel like I spend more time browsing stuff up for streaming than actually watching anything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Klowner posted:

I say it all the time. I just would rather make them then watch them.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Hey friendos, do you have any particularly inspirational/insightful quotes from directors you could share? I'm starting to figure out some classroom materials for my new job teaching film and need some film-related wall stuff to hang around, and want to break away from infographics and junk.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Didn’t think it would be so soon!!

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate everyone congratulating Debbie Does Dagon and MacheteZombie on their new stardom as CineD Mods.

This is gonna be a little transition period, as I plan to step own as CineD Mod once they're comfortable with the positions.

There's nothing in my personal life that I have to take care of; no forums drama has scared me off; I'm mentally and physically fine. I just know that, like any other elected position, there should be turnover to keep things fresh and moving in a positive, progressive way.

I have really enjoyed being CineD mod, through the bad and good. It's been an interesting, helluva run. I want to thank anyone and everyone who took the time to write me a kind or supportive PM or helped me out. I hope you continue to show the same support--or more!--to DDD and MZ.

I plan to stick around CineD, the SA forums, so there's no goodbyes needed. I plan to keep running some of the Horror Challenge threads, and I'll probably assist with trying to make Movie of the Month catch on more (this month is Crumb, and it rules!). And I'll also be around in the discord still.

Thanks for trusting me to mod for as long as I did!

landobee
Nov 25, 2004
Be Water
Thanks for all the work Fran :)

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I, Butthole posted:

Hey friendos, do you have any particularly inspirational/insightful quotes from directors you could share? I'm starting to figure out some classroom materials for my new job teaching film and need some film-related wall stuff to hang around, and want to break away from infographics and junk.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Franchescanado posted:

I appreciate everyone congratulating Debbie Does Dagon and MacheteZombie on their new stardom as CineD Mods.

This is gonna be a little transition period, as I plan to step own as CineD Mod once they're comfortable with the positions.

There's nothing in my personal life that I have to take care of; no forums drama has scared me off; I'm mentally and physically fine. I just know that, like any other elected position, there should be turnover to keep things fresh and moving in a positive, progressive way.

I have really enjoyed being CineD mod, through the bad and good. It's been an interesting, helluva run. I want to thank anyone and everyone who took the time to write me a kind or supportive PM or helped me out. I hope you continue to show the same support--or more!--to DDD and MZ.

I plan to stick around CineD, the SA forums, so there's no goodbyes needed. I plan to keep running some of the Horror Challenge threads, and I'll probably assist with trying to make Movie of the Month catch on more (this month is Crumb, and it rules!). And I'll also be around in the discord still.

You’ve been an awesome mod. Thank you for your service!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
A new era! Thank you Fran for your service.

Nice to see that the horror thread domination of the mod scene continues though.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Franchescanado posted:

thanks for doing a good job keeping this place running. turnover is good, too many mods keep going for too long until it gets to them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thank you for your service Fran, enjoy your post-abdication posting

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Thank you so much Fran! You've left some impossibly big shoes to fill

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

12 Angry Men, Dr. Strangelove, Changeling, Firestarter, Exorcist 3. He's no slouch and I need to check out more of his filmography.

Calling it "easily his best" is probably overstating things though, I admit.

The Hospital is a good semi-forgotten one, George got a Best Actor nomination for it and Paddy Chayefsky won for best screenplay.

Patton though is probably his for real best and in my opinion weirdly underrated now.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

This loving owns.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Franchescanado posted:

You've been a great mod Fran, thanks for keeping things going around here!

And congrats to the new mods!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The Hospital is a good semi-forgotten one, George got a Best Actor nomination for it and Paddy Chayefsky won for best screenplay.

Patton though is probably his for real best and in my opinion weirdly underrated now.

Sweet, thanks for the rec, I was gunna try to get to Anatomy of a Murder this week but maybe I'll go with Patton instead.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Franchescanado posted:

You were an excellent mod, and congrats on escaping.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Cheers to Fran, Machete, and Debbie, may you all not burn out and leave like every single CineD mod before Fran.

I watched Terminator: Dark Fate over the weekend and good lord these movies are really stupid now. The first hour or so is fine, just fine, T3 levels of fine, where if you caught it on TNT you'd leave it on while folding laundry. But everything after they re-introduce Arnold is as dumb and exhausting as blockbusters get. Just endless nonsense action scenes and really dumb dialogue. I'm fascinated by how dumber each movie gets for how it hews to and ignores various bits of the Lore and how clunkily each one will homage T2.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

When I was a teenager I was OBSESSED with Patton. I should watch it again one of these days.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
jokes on fran, im already burned out :420:

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

When I was a teenager I was OBSESSED with Patton. I should watch it again one of these days.

It’s been a few years for me but it takes a really fascinating angle at portraying the ultimate warmonger

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Oh yeah, I also forgot that I watched A Simple Favor, and even though it tackles darker neo-noir subject matter (seriously, what IS with neo-noir and incest?, the overall package is lighter and fluffier than a lot of the genre, and I liked it! Feig's cinematography is flat for a lot of the conversations and you can tell where he told Anna Kendrick to just vamp, but overall it's a fun take on the genre that's not too twisty to become incomprehensible.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

It’s been a few years for me but it takes a really fascinating angle at portraying the ultimate warmonger

Last time I watched it, I was a full-blown Bush-loving conservative, I would bet my view on it would change now.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Last time I watched it, I was a full-blown Bush-loving conservative, I would bet my view on it would change now.

It's got plenty of red meat for conservatives for sure (Richard Nixon's favorite movie supposedly) but I mostly find it a rather ambiguous take on a famous historical psycho

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

MacheteZombie posted:

I’m reporting you to you for stoned posting. I hope you’ll punish yourself severely.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I watched Terminator: Dark Fate over the weekend and good lord these movies are really stupid now. The first hour or so is fine, just fine, T3 levels of fine, where if you caught it on TNT you'd leave it on while folding laundry. But everything after they re-introduce Arnold is as dumb and exhausting as blockbusters get. Just endless nonsense action scenes and really dumb dialogue. I'm fascinated by how dumber each movie gets for how it hews to and ignores various bits of the Lore and how clunkily each one will homage T2.

Trying to critique this dumb movie made me feel even dumber. One of my friends really liked Dark Fate and was asking me what I didn't like about it and I didn't even have the words to describe to him how truly awful the movie is, other than repeatedly saying everything about it is loving stupid and poorly done.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

therattle posted:

I’m reporting you to you for stoned posting. I hope you’ll punish yourself severely.

*cracks knuckles* my first mod sass probe

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The Klowner posted:

I am that particular broke brain. And I even have HBO Max, which makes it worse. Though I did finally watch Cronos about a week ago and that ruled. But yeah mainly I just don't feel like I can engage with movies so I don't watch them nearly as often.

Franchescanado posted:

You're supposed to grow incredibly bitter about the site and everyone on it, then say "gently caress this poo poo!" pass it on to some other unfortunate soul like a curse, and never look back. This is weird. You broke the chain.

I, Butthole posted:

Can you include writers because no one can top Gene Roddenberry:

"As for pleasure, my idea of pleasure is waves and waves and waves of cum exploding out of me."

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

I am that particular broke brain. And I even have HBO Max, which makes it worse.
Good news, Son of the Mask is on HBO Max!