Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Keru posted:

I don't think that ability works the way Matt uses it, the blood have to be at most a week old, which would rule out all their old blood samples, yeah?

Edit: at the end of the day, it's his domain that's from the Tal'dorei campaign book, so he can just errata it to function like so, but RAW at the moment it needs to be fairly recently spilled.

I had to look it up and it's actually 2 weeks, but it could have been as easy as a combination of scrying and locate creature.

(or a bunch of bullshit, who knows)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

Nemo2342 posted:

Not so much "didn't remember" as couldn't do anything about. They did check to see if any blood was missing, but even if OOC they suspected it ICly the result of their perception check was "looks like it's all still there".

Fair point, but they didn't pass a check, so they had the chance. Matt should have given them another one, though.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Nemo2342 posted:

I looked it up to be sure, and Matt is technically correct that rules as written it's 6 hours of sleep and no more than 2 hours of "light activity". So Lucien rocking up at Cad's watch somewhere in hour 6 would technically mean the rest wasn't finished.

I just find it kind of irksome since this is at least the 2nd time this campaign the party has tried to get a leg up via clever play only to be thwarted by villains who can just be in the right place at the right time.

yeah, was reacting to the initial "you have to go to sleep as soon as the dome's up to get 8 hours" thing, which he corrected.

but i think it's clear that that encounter was driven by the Plot Demanding It lol. it's cool the group managed to avoid a fight though, they've come a long ways

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

eke out posted:

yeah, was reacting to the initial "you have to go to sleep as soon as the dome's up to get 8 hours" thing, which he corrected.

but i think it's clear that that encounter was driven by the Plot Demanding It lol. it's cool the group managed to avoid a fight though, they've come a long ways

I'm glad they talked their way out of a fight, I just wish they were at least given the illusion of victory for a bit. Just let them have their rest and then Lucien sends them a threatening/taunting message about meeting them in the next destination, since (as we learned) there are other crests he could have gotten.

At least that way it would feel like the party had won something, even if it was just a day or two lead on him.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Nemo2342 posted:

I'm glad they talked their way out of a fight, I just wish they were at least given the illusion of victory for a bit. Just let them have their rest and then Lucien sends them a threatening/taunting message about meeting them in the next destination, since (as we learned) there are other crests he could have gotten.

At least that way it would feel like the party had won something, even if it was just a day or two lead on him.

On the other hand, the conversation between him and Cad was actually delightfully tense-yet-oddly-peaceful.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Nemo2342 posted:

By the sound of things, the Tomb Takers were forced to march all night and probably depleted some of their abilities, not to mention everyone having a point or two of exhaustion. The fight would not have been one-sided.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
I felt this was a pretty Game of Thrones level "characters move at the speed of plot" kind of thing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I've only recently been catching episodes live and man the twitch chat is just the worst poo poo, why even have it as an option

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I find Twitch chat good for two things: (1) finding out from the bot what's on Sam's flask when it's harder to read, and (2) catching live reactions to big moments. Just seeing a swarm of shock or positivity is nice. I assume if I looked at the chat for more than a few seconds to see lots of replies flood the screen that it'd turn sour or argumentative, and I don't care for that, but for those few seconds every now and again it's nice.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I've only recently been catching episodes live and man the twitch chat is just the worst poo poo, why even have it as an option

I immediately collapse the chat as soon as I open the stream; it's the only way not to leave with a sour mood.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Nemo2342 posted:

I immediately collapse the chat as soon as I open the stream; it's the only way not to leave with a sour mood.

Same. I'm always fullscreening or doing theater mode with the chat collapsed. It's practically unreadable it goes so fast and terrible anyway, so who cares

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I haven't bothered to look at chat since some point in Campaign One because it started going so fast even then, so I'm going to just assume that under normal game circumstances it's filled with rules pedants and people who hate Marisha?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Crazy Ted posted:

I haven't bothered to look at chat since some point in Campaign One because it started going so fast even then, so I'm going to just assume that under normal game circumstances it's filled with rules pedants and people who hate Marisha?

Mostly. Though it's not always Marisha, sometimes it's Laura. Like someone above does, I just use it to find out what Sam's flask says.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
As far as the blood needing to be fresh, they're all hopped up on the weird connection to the Nine Eyes city that they have, so I'd be perfectly fine (and actually excited to see in action) the idea of Lucien's group being player characters but amped up in certain ways.

There's a common magic item I've been getting a lot of use of called a chest of preserving that'll basically put any non-living thing into stasis as well, so an item or enchantment like that seems like it'd also get around it the time limitation.

Anyway, end of the day if I'm a DM and the party's given their blood to a shady guy who wanted it so they could have their employee track them down anytime, I'd allow that employee to still be able to track them down and not think twice about it.

The mansion putting them in an extradimensional space might have saved them, but really all it would take then is Cree pinging their location before they went into it.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

Inhave the chat up for when some monster appears chat always know exactly what it is so I can go look up what it does.
But other than that and the reactions to big stuff it can be turned off

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Just trust me, you want to click this youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6vvE_C58oc

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?

Keru posted:

What the hell this trailer makes me feel like I got dropped into a parallel universe where Laura and Travis were their current age back in the early 1990s.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Keru posted:

lmao its so bad

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Keru posted:

Laura's playing "Jane Pierce", but Travis wins in the role of "Lord Carnal". :laugh:

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I can pretty much guarantee that's going to be either Sam's flask and/or his shirt in the new year.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Joey McChrist posted:

lmao its so bad

It looks horrible...

...i want to watch it...

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

seaborgium posted:

I can pretty much guarantee that's going to be either Sam's flask and/or his shirt in the new year.

So that's why Fjord was scheming with his poisons.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Is...is that a current film????

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

TotalHell posted:

Is...is that a current film????

Coming out next year, apparently!

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

I can't take how much Travis looks like Matt in that trailer.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
They need to do a buddy-villain movie, imo. It's high time for that comedy to emerge.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

jng2058 posted:

Coming out next year, apparently!

It was filmed around eight years ago and has been passed around a few studios without post-production until last year. It's gonna be an amazing trainwreck :allears:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!
Lucy Lawless smacked Sorbo down so hard she is/was trending on Twitter.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
So I finally passed that barrier and made it deeper into Vox Machina. Currently on Orion's last episode. Thoughts:

-I like how it's got a bit more of an adventure-y feel to it than Mighty Nein. I love Mighty Nein, especially the early episodes, but there can be really long stretches of times where there's like nothing really happening.

-I realize Orion had to go for a lot of really good reasons, but I think he gets too much guff for things like RPing shopping trips and the infamous "half-chub" comment. That kind of behavior sucks and I don't abide by it at all when I DM, but Sam is actually really bad more often about being weird with the women at the table, and he has some awkward that-era edge humor that makes everyone suck in their teeth (he tried to make a child rape joke in this episode, and you could hear a pin drop). I'm guessing he gets better with it further on in this campaign. I'm caught up on campaign 2 and I think he's fine and way funnier. As for Orion, yeah, that was a good call. I definitely feel like he tried to make it The Tiberius Show starring Orion and His Sidekicks.

-My only real criticism of Mighty Nein is that it can get a little overbearing with hour-long descriptions of rooms, and its endless questions barraged at NPCs. I loved the Beast City segment of C2 where the citizens there would just grunt and walk away when the crew tried to pester them in their usual way. Vox Machina doesn't really have this as much, and I appreciate that it moves along a bit more.

-It's so weird to have Travis be the "funny" one at the table, like Vox's version of Nott/Jester. I never checked out any CR bonus content, but if he does more of this Grog-type stuff, I really want to hear it.

I of course like it a lot, as I liked C2 a lot. I'm hoping the audio quality ramps up soon-ish, because it's still pretty hard to hear a lot of what's going on when I'm at work. I'm surprised that they made it 20-some episodes in, and the audio still spikes like this anytime someone even slightly raises their voice.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
To check out the Christmas one shot for Travis being great

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Pennsylvanian posted:

I of course like it a lot, as I liked C2 a lot. I'm hoping the audio quality ramps up soon-ish
I'm at episode 70 and still hoping for this

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1348691240766873601?s=20

Speaking of, the next episode airs on thursday this week.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Nightmare Before Critmas and Grog's One-shot (I think that's what it is called) are both great episodes where Travis gets to be real silly. I don't remember if the latter has c1 spoilers but the Christmas episode is without connection to the CR universe.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Volte posted:

I'm at episode 70 and still hoping for this

Yikes. I work long shifts in a loud building, and it sucks that there are some podcasts like Friends at the Table and Rude Tales that I just can't even hear because of the audio quality.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Government Handjob posted:

Nightmare Before Critmas and Grog's One-shot (I think that's what it is called) are both great episodes where Travis gets to be real silly. I don't remember if the latter has c1 spoilers but the Christmas episode is without connection to the CR universe.

The Pepper Mill Incident in one of those is a peak CR moment :D

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Pennsylvanian posted:

Yikes. I work long shifts in a loud building, and it sucks that there are some podcasts like Friends at the Table and Rude Tales that I just can't even hear because of the audio quality.
At this point the audio volume is generally loud enough for me but it still clips badly when everyone suddenly freaks out over a "How do you want to do this" and there are a few episodes where the audio keeps hitching or cutting out. Not sure why G&S had such a hard time delivering a consistent product after more than a year.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Today's apparently the 3 year anniversary of C2. If you follow Brian on Twitter he's been retweeting CR staff videos of their favorite memories.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, since it's being retweeted by Brian, a lot of favorite memories are about Molly's death :v:

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hulk Smash! posted:

Today's apparently the 3 year anniversary of C2. If you follow Brian on Twitter he's been retweeting CR staff videos of their favorite memories.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, since it's being retweeted by Brian, a lot of favorite memories are about Molly's death :v:

I love that I told my friend that I was listening to Critical Role, and he spoiled me on that the day before I listened to that episode (this is the guy who also spoiled FF7 and Breaking Bad for me). Then, someone told this thread that they finally started on Vox around the same time I did, and like the next ten posts were all about a PC's death in that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I got spoiled about (C2)Molly's death but I misremembered the episode number that I read it happened in so when it happened it still managed to take me completely by surprise.