Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Scottie is so long this looks like a travel.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1336867784345718787?s=20

Scored the game winner and goes “I guess it feels good. I got no feelings about it to be honest.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Learned 2day that Ron Harper Jr. plays for Rutgers. Also https://mobile.twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1337113851981164546

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
cade currently shooting 47% from 3 and 86% from the line. his shot was widely considered his biggest weakness. if anyone tries to tell you that there is a debate over who the top pick this year is just know that they are a liar

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Hello, my name is Bones https://mobile.twitter.com/Cosmis/status/1339083009295872003

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Welcome to the bone zone

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah Bones is rad, I think he's got a good chance to be a first rounder. Long arms, crazy defensive stats, one of the best shooters in the draft, goes by Bones. A lot to like.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

a guy who goes by bones has a 0% chance of busting, i'm all in

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
What could have been for Paul Zipser...

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

cade currently shooting 47% from 3 and 86% from the line. his shot was widely considered his biggest weakness. if anyone tries to tell you that there is a debate over who the top pick this year is just know that they are a liar

Honestly it's more comfy to have a sure #1.

We have a lot of teams who at least pretended this offseason they're going to make a reach at the playoffs, I wonder who gives in first and nakedly tanks (even though I guess with flat odds you don't have to be that bad).

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

Small Sample Size :colbert:

Not serious

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really should have recorded Iowa vs Gonzaga.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I really should have recorded Iowa vs Gonzaga.

Jalen Suggs made a bunch of step back 3s and a couple monster plays defensively was the big take away. His shooting is really impressive. The fact that he couldn't really get to the basket even against one of the worst groups of defensive guards in the country is a little concerning if you are picking him to be a true lead guard, but even as a secondary he's so good at everything else he's worth the high pick.

For the other Gonzaga prospects I think the only guy who really stood out in a big way was Ayayi randomly having a monster game on the boards and getting a ton of second chance points. Timme was fine but still looks like a Euroleague guy to me and Kispert didn't really stand out beyond making a few open 3s.

On Iowa Garza was obviously a monster but he's only kind of a prospect and the defensive limitations were even more obvious against a team with the spacing and passing Gonzaga has, he just can't move laterally at all. Most of his offense is stuff NBA teams don't do anymore too. Hall of Fame type college career but he's going to make his money overseas. I did think it was one of Weiskamp's better games from a prospect perspective though. Meh shooting game by his standards but he was more aggressive off the bounce than he usually is and got to the paint pretty effectively, especially attacking hard closeouts. Had some nice defensive plays too.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 20, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Thank you for that. I had Sportcenter on in the background while I was editing audio and they were really raving over Suggs vs Garza and I felt like I missed something.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It was definitely very obvious which person on the floor was going to be a NBA starter next year. People trying to push Suggs over Cade are dumb but he's really good. Gonzaga should cruise to a national title

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Algund Eenboom posted:

Learned 2day that Ron Harper Jr. plays for Rutgers.[/url]

Dude is definitely declaring the way he's playing.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Cosmis/status/1345080390197911552?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Reminds me of the DeAngelo Russell pass that solidified him as a certified top 3 draft guy.
https://twitter.com/jordancaskey/status/1345928814690353153?s=19

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 4, 2021

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

(me while watching jalen suggs) I love jalen suggs

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Reminds me of the DeAngelo Russell pass that solidified him as a certified top 3 draft guy.
https://twitter.com/jordancaskey/status/1345928814690353153?s=19

wheeeeeeeeew that’s lovely

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Prepared to be wildly irresponsible about Sharife Cooper after like 3/4 of a game.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

sharife cooper is really, really good

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

MourningView posted:

I don't think I've ever been this happy to be super wrong about a guy going into college--dude looks like a cross between the Livingston guard skills with more of a Kyrie type of scoring ability, just an absolute freak of nature. If he had the Russ explosiveness, he'd be getting called the next Lebron just from a feel/ability to do everything at an elite level.

I would very much like for the Cavs to decide if they're bad or not, because I really really want Mobley or Greg Brown if the bottom falls out, because I cannot handle watching 35 minutes of Andre Drummond a night.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

My mistake!

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 11, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheGreyGhost posted:

I don't think I've ever been this happy to be super wrong about a guy going into college--dude looks like a cross between the Livingston guard skills with more of a Kyrie type of scoring ability, just an absolute freak of nature. If he had the Russ explosiveness, he'd be getting called the next Lebron just from a feel/ability to do everything at an elite level.

I would very much like for the Cavs to decide if they're bad or not, because I really really want Mobley or Greg Brown if the bottom falls out, because I cannot handle watching 35 minutes of Andre Drummond a night.

I'm not really sure what greg brown is but I'm pretty sure it's not a center.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

MourningView posted:

I'm not really sure what greg brown is but I'm pretty sure it's not a center.

Eh, I view him through the lens of what he functionally adds which is an athletic switcher on defense 3-5 who can run rims and rebound. He's not a replacement for Drummond like Mobley could be, but it lets you change how you handle bigs by running with them and pressing better. Current Cavs team desperately could use a rim runner and him with some size could be competent enough against like everyone short of Embiid at that. I don't think he can play alongside Drummond, but you could use him next to a Love/Nance in a smaller lineup that would lend itself pretty well to moments you have to worry about guys like KAT or Davis who can play the entire length of the court. Kuminga could be a similar guy at least 3/4, but I'm not sure that this team needs another volume shooter.

I want Scottie to turn out to be a better Isaac, but I'm so worried he's going to go Anthony Randolph on us.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This is pure fantasy, but Cade Cunningham looks like the second coming of Grant Hill, and this is the first year the Pistons are in a position to have the first round pick since the grant hill year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheGreyGhost posted:

Eh, I view him through the lens of what he functionally adds which is an athletic switcher on defense 3-5 who can run rims and rebound. He's not a replacement for Drummond like Mobley could be, but it lets you change how you handle bigs by running with them and pressing better. Current Cavs team desperately could use a rim runner and him with some size could be competent enough against like everyone short of Embiid at that. I don't think he can play alongside Drummond, but you could use him next to a Love/Nance in a smaller lineup that would lend itself pretty well to moments you have to worry about guys like KAT or Davis who can play the entire length of the court. Kuminga could be a similar guy at least 3/4, but I'm not sure that this team needs another volume shooter.

I want Scottie to turn out to be a better Isaac, but I'm so worried he's going to go Anthony Randolph on us.

I like Scottie but at some point you need to be able to score at least a little bit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I believe in silvers invisible hand to give okc cade

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Metapod posted:

I believe in silvers invisible hand to give gsw via minnesota cade

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I doubt he falls to 4, unless you think they'd pull off a deal to trade up with the Wolves pick

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Ah gently caress I forgot about the protections

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bobby Digital posted:

Ah gently caress I forgot about the protections

A common mistake but at least it didn't cost you as much as it can for others who have the same lapse

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hearing PD Webb tear Emoni Bates up on the second to last Prep2Pro broke my heart. Poor high hipped, no change of direction Emoni

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He's an absolutely insane shot maker for his age and size but yeah the like five or six times I've seen him the bad defense also really stood out. Generally it seems like the people I follow who watch a ton of high school ball like PD are just slightly lower on him than his public rep of being like the unquestioned best prospect in the world.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/Sam_Vecenie/status/1350553019675406337?s=20

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah Kentucky has a history of making wings look worse than they are but he's been really really bad. Physically weak, no burst, and the shots just aren't falling.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

MourningView posted:

He's an absolutely insane shot maker for his age and size but yeah the like five or six times I've seen him the bad defense also really stood out. Generally it seems like the people I follow who watch a ton of high school ball like PD are just slightly lower on him than his public rep of being like the unquestioned best prospect in the world.

I'm so afraid of him turning out to be Jabari Parker at this point. I think he's a better shooter, but there's something about guys like him looking stiff that's just unnerving.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Cooper is like 5'10" and can only shoot set shots and I am almost definitely going to rank him top ten lol

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So if I want to start giving a poo poo about the draft, what college teams should I start watching? I've been super checked out on this year's draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Glumslinger posted:

So if I want to start giving a poo poo about the draft, what college teams should I start watching? I've been super checked out on this year's draft

Oklahoma State (Cade), USC (Mobley), Gonzaga (Suggs, Kispert), Tennessee (Keon Johnson, Jaden Springer), Arkansas (Moses Moody), Stanford (Ziaire Williams), Auburn (Sharife), Texas (Kai Jones, Greg Brown), and Baylor (Jared Butler, Davion Mitchell) is probably a good start. Also hopefully some G-League Ignite games get on TV whenever that gets going.