Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Olympic Gold Medal Swimmer Participated in Capitol Riot: Report

quote:

An Olympic gold medalist was among the crowd that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, according to swimming news website SwimSwam. Klete Keller, 38, won three gold medals as part of the U.S. men’s swimming team. He represented the U.S.—the same country whose democracy he was protesting against last week—at the 2000, 2004, and 2008 Olympics, swimming on a relay team that included Michael Phelps and Ryan Lochte. Keller was wearing his Team USA Olympic jacket and was unmasked, allowing teammates to recognize him, according to SwimSwam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xarbala posted:

When a dude cheats on you and you wanna get back at him before dumping him

But I only have one pair of shoes, that'd be really mean

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Barefoot is legal and makes you immune to the vengeance of a scored woman.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

KoRMaK posted:

its not

but :shhh: dont let them know that

was gonna say, a shop vac would fix that easy.

thats like someone setting up a home-alone trap house and you just walking in the back door totally bypassing everything.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Inceltown posted:

One neat trick, girlfriends hate it!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inceltown posted:

Fortunately I won't ever have that problem, I know the magic

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Xarbala posted:

Does the mild discomfort of cats count for schad

catenfreude

https://i.imgur.com/DcrKoGi.mp4

"why isn't this working? I'm an insanely agile killing machine, right?"

The look on that cat's face at around 0:30 is pure schaden

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xarbala posted:

I did not know that was a thing that people do. I thought it was mostly dogs who tear up shoes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Xarbala posted:

Cutting up shoes would be one thing, but if you can literally tear up shoes like with your hands then I am scared of you.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"Brock, 53, lived at an apartment complex along Main Street in Grapevine and surrendered to FBI agents Sunday after agreeing to meet them at the Grapevine Police Department, officials said."

White privilege isn't real, they say.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/seamushughes/status/1349042435855437826

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

LifeSunDeath posted:

how is this worse than bleach?

I once got gold glitter dumped in my hair during a school dance on December 17.

I was still washing glitter out of my loving hair on New Year's Day. That poo poo is tenacious.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I was hospitalized in the SICU a few years back and the woman in the next room was in for a massive vajazzling-related infection. Glitter can be tenacious.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
No schad involved but there was also that girl who full-on lost an eye because of glitter.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Capitol rioter punched in face, recognized by family

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/markfooterman/status/1349019631932088320?s=21

:cawg:

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I have a feeling there's going to be a number of staffers who are going to have to invent a good reason for a 4 year gap in their resume rather than admit they worked for Trump. "Ummm, I was a raging drunk during that time!"

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Oh yes that's the stuff. He goes on and on about it too!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Biplane posted:

Oh yes that's the stuff. He goes on and on about it too!

And then the dude himself weighs in

https://twitter.com/dawsonbuchanan_/status/1349175845064224768

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

me sowing, me reaping, etc.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Memento posted:

And then the dude himself weighs in

He @ed the company and the NHL team into the thread and people are already making GBS threads up the company's tweets with angry comments so we'll doubtless hear their side of the story soon, I'm fully expecting that the angry chuds may have left out a few pertinent details in their side of the story.

Also LOL at the tweeters yelling "You will never receive my business now!!" at a prestige private jet service which they could almost definitely never afford anyway

E: screenshots in case they get deleted

E: also there's a highly suspicious complete lack of tweets from that dude between September and January 12, I guess he suddenly deleted a whole bunch of stuff for some reason???
:thunk:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 13, 2021

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He @ed the company and the NHL team into the thread and people are already making GBS threads up the company's tweets with angry comments so we'll doubtless hear their side of the story soon, I'm fully expecting that the angry chuds may have left out a few pertinent details in their side of the story.

Also LOL at the tweeters yelling "You will never receive my business now!!" at a prestige private jet service which they could almost definitely never afford anyway

Also, it was funny seeing people try to say it was illegal for him to be fired for that reason. IIRC, it is illegal to fire someone for political affiliation, but they fired him for his choice of prior employment (which is legally distinct).

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

ekuNNN posted:

I did not know that was a thing that people do. I thought it was mostly do

Maybe you should quit cheating on your dogs, rear end in a top hat

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/michaelzimmer/status/1349217352441868290

Puppy Time posted:

Maybe you should quit cheating on your dogs, rear end in a top hat

I can feel every dog in your avatar judging me :negative:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

E: screenshots in case they get deleted

E: also there's a highly suspicious complete lack of tweets from that dude between September and January 12, I guess he suddenly deleted a whole bunch of stuff for some reason???
:thunk:

:qq: EVEN THOUGH I DID NOTHING WRONG :qq:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nottherealaborn posted:

Also, it was funny seeing people try to say it was illegal for him to be fired for that reason. IIRC, it is illegal to fire someone for political affiliation, but they fired him for his choice of prior employment (which is legally distinct).

It’s legal to fire someone for political affiliation in most states.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Depending on where he lives they might not even NEED a reason to fire him. A Republican political operative getting hosed over by Right to Work would be some amazing schadenfreude.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Oatmeal/status/1349076285880819714?s=20

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

probably setting myself up for everyone to say 'lol who cares it's great when nazis die' but i feel like we shouldn't post suicides in the schadenfreude thread really

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Thoughts and prayers

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shad's on me too I guess. I think they got me for 3 years of this after we stopped getting DVDs. Was positive that we'd cancelled that part of our plan and had literally zero reason to look at our plan from then until until a round of belt tightening meant reducing our streaming subscriptions. Makes me wonder how many other people are in the same boat...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'd love some more backstory. I'm assuming the person who got the delivery was informed that it arrived and refused to come get it?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Azathoth posted:

Shad's on me too I guess. I think they got me for 3 years of this after we stopped getting DVDs. Was positive that we'd cancelled that part of our plan and had literally zero reason to look at our plan from then until until a round of belt tightening meant reducing our streaming subscriptions. Makes me wonder how many other people are in the same boat...

Not me, I just got one in the mail yesterday. Been a happy subscriber since April of 2000, although I'm on the 2 discs a month plan which is plenty. And even then half the time when I watch something recent, it turns up free on HBO a week later. So why keep it? Because my friend and I long ago maxed out the queue at 500 discs, and we're only down to about 450 now, and a lot of those aren't available to stream anywhere yet.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Son of Rodney posted:

I'd love some more backstory. I'm assuming the person who got the delivery was informed that it arrived and refused to come get it?

Or wasn't informed. Really the only person that will suffer any consequences is the delivery driver since the recipient will just get it refunded

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

See, this is more the sort of thing a real shaman ought to be doing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Lesbian teen who got kicked out by family turns them in as possible MAGA rioters

quote:

“hi mom remember the time you told me I shouldn’t go to BLM protests bc they could get violent…this you?” Helena wrote in a later tweet.

The teen said that her family members have been contacting her to remove their names from her tweets.

“We are not proud of how things went in DC,” her aunt wrote in a text. “I know you are upset but putting us in danger isn’t going to solve anything. Please … I am Begging you to remove.”

But Helena said that she doesn’t believe she did anything wrong.

“I always felt almost heartbroken over how they viewed the world and how skewed it was and how they wouldn’t allow me to express my views. But showing that they can act in such a horrible way is just really appalling to me,” she said. “I am honestly very disappointed to have to be part of this family that is so…just, very not welcoming or supportive. I don’t feel safe being part of this family.”