Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
When/how do I change my clothes and hair? I'm tired of looking like a hobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

does krobus sleep in the same bed as the farmer?

No, he kind of awkwardly stands in the corner.

Wildtortilla posted:

When/how do I change my clothes and hair? I'm tired of looking like a hobo.

Befriend the Wizard - eventually he lets you into his basement where you can change hair/accessories/maybe clothes? You can also befriend Emily and she'll unlock her dye machine and you can make/alter clothes.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Poque posted:

Befriend the Wizard - eventually he lets you into his basement where you can change hair/accessories. You can also befriend Emily and she'll unlock her dye machine and you can make/alter clothes.

Ah. I've been ignoring social stuff. I should start slinging gifts.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
if you befriend emily you can make your own clothes

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Or you can do her crystal bulletin board quest and she will give you a sewing machine of your very own.

Psion posted:

The number of things you can do with those shorts is hilarious. 1.5 adding another couple things with them is great.

With a couple modifications they are now wearable!

Krobus doesn't sleep so he doesnt share a bed with you visually, though it his implied by the dialogue he sometimes joins you in bed just to be close to you, I think. Here are some choice quotes I've seen to reaffirm he is the best: I am not going to include some of the really good ones so people can still be surprised by them.

quote:

“I'll tell you a secret... I don't actually sleep, I just lay there with my eyes closed...”

“Ever since I left my people, I've been searching for a new home... now I belong somewhere. That means everything to me.”

“You feel solid... sometimes I wish I had bones, too...”

“You started nibbling on me during the night, and mumbling about 'black lick or ish'... what did you mean by that?”

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

Or you can do her crystal bulletin board quest and she will give you a sewing machine of your very own.

With a couple modifications they are now wearable!

Krobus doesn't sleep so he doesnt share a bed with you visually, though it his implied by the dialogue he sometimes joins you in bed just to be close to you, I think. Here are some choice quotes I've seen to reaffirm he is the best: I am not going to include some of the really good ones so people can still be surprised by them.

oh my god :kimchi: I've never been able to choose just one bachelor to settle down with, and now I know what I've been waiting for.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Solumin posted:

oh my god :kimchi: I've never been able to choose just one bachelor to settle down with, and now I know what I've been waiting for.

Just remember that if you want kids (and Krobus does genuinely seem to enjoy having the kids around and taking care of them) you need to marry someone else, have the kids, and then divorce them to be with Krobus. So do that first! (Unless you decide to raise sea urchins or slimes instead of kids, which, let's be honest, is probably a good idea anyway)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
One last question before I pick out a mark for my baby scheme, does the spouse change how the baby looks? I assume not since my character is a green shrub man and nobody has ever acknowledged that

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

What is this stuff about sea urchins?

Also that's awesome about the Emily stuff, changing and dying clothes and all. Definitely doing that next time. My god, I wanna play now, but I'm on Switch and don't want to have to restart so soon, if the update is happening this month.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I think Leah is the most popular spouse, even though people really like Krobus.

1. She's a cheap date. She likes things you find on the floor and loves things you'll want to produce in mass anyway

2. She's an adult and reads as an adult

3. Her life goals (being an artist and not worrying about money) align with yours (making a ton of money and having a lady in your house who fusses with art in the corner).

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What is this stuff about sea urchins?

Also that's awesome about the Emily stuff, changing and dying clothes and all. Definitely doing that next time. My god, I wanna play now, but I'm on Switch and don't want to have to restart so soon, if the update is happening this month.

In the new update, you can put aquariums in your house. Put a sea urchin in your aquarium, and then approach it with a hat in your hands.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
For Pierre’s Perfect Produce, do I need to harvest the 25 vegetables within the quest timeframe? I do have some gold star crops from previous seasons that I was saving for the community center but that gauge seems to make it so that I also need to harvest that amount.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah, I was really salty because I had just harvested most of my crops before getting the quest. Gotta be fresh veg after accepting.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Unlucky7 posted:

For Pierre’s Perfect Produce, do I need to harvest the 25 vegetables within the quest timeframe? I do have some gold star crops from previous seasons that I was saving for the community center but that gauge seems to make it so that I also need to harvest that amount.

If there's a gauge, then yes, you must harvest them. In this case (and probably in others), produce harvested by Juminos does not count.

Note that the ones that fill the "Deliver" gauge do not have to be the same items that fill the "Harvest" gauge. Since I've got a lot of produce in my shed at this time, I'll often fill the Special Orders from storage before I grow the new food for harvesting.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Fuuuuck I need to make 12 things of potato juice and I've only the one keg. I can redo this one after it fails, right?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

WarpedNaba posted:

Fuuuuck I need to make 12 things of potato juice and I've only the one keg. I can redo this one after it fails, right?

Yeah. You get back any potato juice you turn into Pam too.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Oh good. I have the 'taters, but I only put the tappers on my oaks after I realised 'hurr durr I need that'.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

My biggest disappointment in this game is when I put potatoes in the keg and didn't get Vodka but potato juice is so god drat weird a concept to me I couldn't be mad

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think they wanted to put liquor in such a kid friendly game.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Khanstant posted:

waiting for the bi mormon mod to let me have all the spouse

lol that you don't assume that's already a thing:
Multiple Spouses

(Pro tip: pair it with The Perks of Being Married and revel in being able to argue why Haley and Leah are best spouses besides "Big Boobs" and "Hot Redhead" your one-way ticket to Easy Street)

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

I don't think they wanted to put liquor in such a kid friendly game.

Now that I think about it there is really only beer and wine huh

OK fine well I just put rice in the keg and I didn't bother to check the wiki so heres hoping for sake

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Now that I think about it there is really only beer and wine huh

OK fine well I just put rice in the keg and I didn't bother to check the wiki so heres hoping for sake

Narrator: It was unmilled rice juice.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Wildtortilla posted:

Ah. I've been ignoring social stuff. I should start slinging gifts.

Also, if you decide to starting making millions of clothes because gently caress it, cloth is easy to get and you want to see what hilarious combos come out of the sewing machine, you should also invest in a dresser (available from Robin’s shop or the catalogue) which has infinite clothing storage.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003

Rick_Hunter posted:

Narrator: It was unmilled rice juice.

I heard that in my head as I pulled it out too :(

Can I put my milled rice in the keg once my mill is built? I tried the wiki and it just vaguely mentions putting it in the preserves thing

Damnit stardew I just wanna make hooch to sweeten up Pam

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I heard that in my head as I pulled it out too :(

Can I put my milled rice in the keg once my mill is built? I tried the wiki and it just vaguely mentions putting it in the preserves thing

Damnit stardew I just wanna make hooch to sweeten up Pam

If you really want to make different types of liquor you're gonna have to use a mod like Artisan Valley and even then I don't think sake is listed as one of the products that modders have made with json assets. Although the mods add a lot of creativity to the game they aren't integrated into normal gameplay. For instance if you mod in Starbrew Valley you can make a ton of drinks but no one in town will ask for one through the bulletin board and many of them don't even have a monetary value so you can't sell them for anything. They're purely decorative. I stand corrected, they do sell for something. I think a lot of the modded drinks give you buffs way better than what you can get from regular food and drink.

https://mouseypounds.github.io/ppja-ref/index.html

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jan 13, 2021

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rick_Hunter posted:

I think a lot of the modded drinks give you buffs way better than what you can get from regular food and drink.

I don't use mods l but if I did lack of balance would probably lead me to make my own, I had a lengthy discussion with someone of the stardew valley subreddit about why their milkshake recipe should or shouldn't grant a 1 day +4 to speed buff. If you're that impatient perhaps this isn't the game for you :v:

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
edit: n/m

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, I've found the content pack mods to be a little dull. The only reason to end up engaging with that stuff most of the time is if you want to and the fact that nobody responds to it just makes it super dull. Starbrew at least lets you make more food, the real disappointing one for me was one of the soda mods. All the drinks sell for the same amount and heal you the same amount.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I got Pierre's gold veg challenge yesterday and after completing it I was tempted to go buy the jojamart membership, I'm literally 1 pomegranate away from finishing the community center. He's unbelievable.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

He's a cuckold. Believe me, that's a punishment he'll never escape.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

cakesmith handyman posted:

I got Pierre's gold veg challenge yesterday and after completing it I was tempted to go buy the jojamart membership, I'm literally 1 pomegranate away from finishing the community center. He's unbelievable.

pierre is a piece of poo poo, but you should keep him happy. man can literally punch you out of business

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
If he even takes a step toward me I’ll sic Leah on his sorry rear end

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What rings does everyone have/want from the forge? Iridium Bands combined with a couple rings is probably best? Maybe a Burglar's, Napalm, Phoenix, Slime Charmer, those are some decent choices. Or drop one of the Iridium and Slime charmer.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Iridium/Burglar seems like a must have.

After that, there's a lot of choices. Napalm makes monsters explode which means less time spent mining. I'd probably want napalm and lucky. Unfortunately, Lucky ring is a low drop rate item so you have to get lucky to find it.

Maybe go Burglar/Napalm

Iridium/Iridium or Iridium/Savage for the speed buff then switch to Iridium/Lucky when Lucky drops?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What rings does everyone have/want from the forge? Iridium Bands combined with a couple rings is probably best? Maybe a Burglar's, Napalm, Phoenix, Slime Charmer, those are some decent choices. Or drop one of the Iridium and Slime charmer.

I went iridium/burglar, and then crabshell/slime charmer - but honestly you could swap crabshell out for the ring of your choice if you're better at not getting hit than I am.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Iridium/Slime and Burglar/Napalm for me. I just enjoy the rock clearing of napalm though it is the 'dealers choice' slot IMO.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

For Qi's Hungry Challenge you'll probably want double Crabshell, slime charmer, and maybe Napalm or Lucky. For general purpose I was leaning towards double Iridium, Burglar, and either Napalm or Slime Charmer... maybe Lucky, but honestly I don't mind a bit of bad luck every now and again if it lets me gather more resources per floor. Then there's also the diminishing returns of multiple Iridium - I'd love to math out at what point does extra damage not help you kill enemies faster? Maybe I can look into that today. First I'd need to figure out if the 10% attack boost from Iridium and ruby forging is multiplicative or additive...

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Is the lucky ring a monster drop? I got mine when I spawned onto a floor in the Skull cavern and my magnetism pulled it out from behind a wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Wait, what does fusing two of the same ring do? Just double the effect?

Also, I found a Hot Java Ring that makes enemies drop coffee more often and I don't know if I'll actually use it, but it's a fantastic idea for a magical item.