Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Malefitz posted:

Do I still need to leave the rear/front sight on when I use a red dot or some other optical sight? I guess not but can someone confirm?

No, but some add ergo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

DrPop posted:

No, but some add ergo.

Okay, got it!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
It makes sense having the rear sight being removed a penalty. Shooting a real gun with any accuracy without a rear sight or some sort of optics that are parallax-free is near impossible. I never even considered taking off the rear sight because to me that makes no sense.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah I did it by accident, thought it wouldn't matter in a video game anyway, and was pleasantly surprised.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I'm only level 4 and have almost no idea what is safe to sell but my inventory is absolutely full of all kinds of crap and I know that some of it is valuable or necessary for trades/hideout but I really don't want to accidentally sell something I'll need/could sell for a lot.

Is there a way to safely determine what is worth hoarding and selling to a trader?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Spaseman posted:

I'm only level 4 and have almost no idea what is safe to sell but my inventory is absolutely full of all kinds of crap and I know that some of it is valuable or necessary for trades/hideout but I really don't want to accidentally sell something I'll need/could sell for a lot.

Is there a way to safely determine what is worth hoarding and selling to a trader?

Take a picture of your inventory and post it here or in the discord and there are enterprising goons who will tell you what's what.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Spaseman posted:

Hideout:

Quest Items:

Keep all hideout items as long as space permits.

Keep all FIR quest items.

Edit: Also worth mentioning is that depending on how much behind the curve you are, it may make sense to sell hideout items for upgrades that are far away for you on the flea market as you maybe able to buy them for less later when you actually need them. Lightbulbs are a perfect example of an item that has been rapidly dropping in price.

Edit2: Lol Generator 1 now requires a sparkplug rather than car battery. Good news. I loving hate car batteries.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 13, 2021

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
This graphic from the wiki shows all the found-in-raid stuff you need for quests (I think it's up to date as of this wipe from a quick scan.)

This one shows all of the hideout stuff you need, although none of that has to be FIR.

Aside from that, you'd have to ask somebody with flea access to check prices but also you will need to hit specific money spent points with every vendor to level them anyway, so you don't have to worry too much about selling random crap to them at this point unless it's a LEDX or something (which you should be keeping anyway for the hideout/quest stuff.)

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Aside from that, you'd have to ask somebody with flea access to check prices but also you will need to hit specific money spent points with every vendor to level them anyway, so you don't have to worry too much about selling random crap to them at this point unless it's a LEDX or something (which you should be keeping anyway for the hideout/quest stuff.)

There is a discord bot that can be used to do price checks.

Frankly I wouldn't focus too much on vendor money pits till you hit 10, there is plenty of cheese that can be done using the flea to pump vendor sales.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWoHjjX8iZA

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you can check anything ont he wiki and see if you need it fir for quests etc. the tarkov market site will give u rough ideas on what itll sell for i assume its accurate enough for that but ive never reallysat and double checked it after hitting 10.

if i get the trailer park corner spawn on customs one more time today im going t o scream

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like the MP5. I will continue to use my garbage gun and load out. Thank you.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

MP5SD + 7N31 + Monstrum for life.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

MP5SD + 7N31 + Monstrum for life.

I am working on peacekeeper 2 so I can achieve this.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Thanks for the help everyone, I've been slowly sinking under what seems like random stuff for awhile and its nice to know which items I absolutely need.

One last question, which traders should I focus on selling to first, if it matters?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Spaseman posted:

Thanks for the help everyone, I've been slowly sinking under what seems like random stuff for awhile and its nice to know which items I absolutely need.

One last question, which traders should I focus on selling to first, if it matters?

Honestly I would basically sell to whoever pays most for the most part - and then use the fleamarket cheese to max the rest. The video I posted explains which items can be bought at flea and sold for same or even more to vendors.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Spaseman posted:

it absolutely does matter in the sense that they give you different rates of return for different items so you want to be selling to the vendors that give you the most roubles, but doesn't matter in the sense of leveling your money spent # because you'll either naturally hit the number through play or can easily resell items bought off the flea market for right around vendor price to rapidly level them at little to no cost

or both, since some vendors start leveling naturally once you get them to level 2 and they actually have items you'd want to buy

in terms of profitability it's usually flea market if the item is FIR and in demand by players, ragman, therapist, jaegar, mechanic, prapor, skier, fence (PK is a bit of a special case since he operates on different currency - you usually favor selling to others but he pays a lot in dollars for intelligence items)

ragman, therapist, prapor, and mechanic usually hit their money targets naturally, while you'll likely need to expend effort on jaeger, skier, and PK

skier currently pays poor prices so you generally need to eat a loss to hit level 2 (after which he has decent items to buy), but it's absolutely worth losing a few tens of thousands of roubles

PK is trivial to level since you can literally hit whatever number you want by directly buying dollars from him (you can also frequently resell intelligence items like SSDs [or flash drives later in the wipe when they're less in demand] you buy on the flea market for a small *profit* in terms of rouble/dollar conversion), and once you hit 2 there are a number of good ways to spend those greenbacks

Jaeger pays Therapist prices so can be leveled in a largely cost neutral manner once you find the right flea market item - i.e. this wipe I did it with Wartech MK3 chest rigs, which he buys for ~33k (iirc), which is right around where they were being listed

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 13, 2021

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

LGD posted:

Jaeger pays Therapist prices so can be leveled in a largely cost neutral manner once you find the right flea market item - i.e. this wipe I did it with Wartech MK3 chest rigs, which he buys for ~33k (iirc), which is right around where they were being listed

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I think that's confirmation bias.

The reason why "the price you see them being listed for is close to or above what a vendor will pay" is because people buy out anything less than that and vendor for a quick profit. If you keep refreshing those listings, you should see ones go up for less and then almost immediately being bought out.

General Ledger
Dec 23, 2007

COYI
The container parking area to the south(?) of interchange seems to have way more traffic than I remember from when I last played this game a couple of wipes ago - is this because of the locked container attracting PMCs?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Also if you got peacekeeper by buying a ton of dollars and are now sitting on a giant pile of $ and want to spend it - keep in mind that you need 6k for a quest.

The rest...it depends how you want to squander it, but I've been loving the RFB as an alternative to SKS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJCQibfH65g

Edit: Worth mentioning that the downside of the RFB is that everyone thinks it's super expensive and always takes it off my corpse. Meanwhile I've gotten tricked out SKS that costs twice as much back...

Nobody seems to loot shotguns either. MP-153 and Saigas are outstanding for killing scavs and if lucky players, and seem to consistently come back via insurance.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jan 13, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

FileNotFound posted:

Nobody seems to loot shotguns either. MP-153 and Saigas are outstanding for killing scavs and if lucky players, and seem to consistently come back via insurance.

I try to make my shotguns as large as possible, I usually get them back.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Mesadoram posted:

I try to make my shotguns as large as possible, I usually get them back.

I have 3 MP-153s sitting in insurance pickup - all 3 soo drat big that I don't have room for them in my stash.

Build them for low recoil, spam click in the general direction with 8.5 buckshot. It 1 shots scavs consistently and will ruin a PMC's day as well.

I know lots of people run slugs in shotguns. My personal experience with slugs has been miserable. I can't think of a case where I'd rather use a slug shotgun vs an SKS or RFB or frankly any rifle.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

check jaeger first cos he has the best prices for what he does buy and it helps hit his targets, ragman and mechanic get armor and guns/attachments until youve spent/sold enough with them for their next level, then it goes to skier and prapor. pk i feed non-fir intelligence items.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

General Ledger posted:

The container parking area to the south(?) of interchange seems to have way more traffic than I remember from when I last played this game a couple of wipes ago - is this because of the locked container attracting PMCs?

Seems like a good bet, also you have to drop a marker on a van there IIRC for Minibus. That loot room is also pretty dang nice.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

You can also level Skier by buying euros, which you will need many thousands of later on.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lesgoon posted:

I really don't see the point in nerfing the barters that profit 10k roubles. Most of them are limited anyway so it's not like people are becoming millionaires. It's mostly just a waste of clicks when you could be, you know, playing the game and clicking mans
key word "most" also macros exist, if you give macroers a way to generate infinite roubles your economy breaks

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Stunt_enby posted:

key word "most" also macros exist, if you give macroers a way to generate infinite roubles your economy breaks

Talking about EFT economy 'breaking' is funny - because most no lifers break it in 2 weeks by firing up their bitcoin farm.....

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
I feel dumb asking but how do you extract at the dorms vehicle exit with a buddy? We both payed but he got left behind lol

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ambaire posted:

Sorry if I'm missing something, but I think that's confirmation bias.

The reason why "the price you see them being listed for is close to or above what a vendor will pay" is because people buy out anything less than that and vendor for a quick profit. If you keep refreshing those listings, you should see ones go up for less and then almost immediately being bought out.

yes, obviously - maybe I phrased that unclearly, but the point is that you want to identify a reasonably expensive item that the trader you want to level will buy and where supply/demand has pushed the flea market price down to the floor created by that trader

then you repeatedly buy out items near, at, or below that floor to quickly level the trader at essentially no cost to yourself (and potentially profit if you're the guy immediately buying the ones listed for below vendor price)

the wartech was just an example of an item that met those conditions when I wanted to level Jaeger, there's nothing particularly special about it

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

You can also level Skier by buying euros, which you will need many thousands of later on.

important to note that he doesn't sell them until level 2 (though it is a good way to level him otherwise)

e:

FileNotFound posted:

I know lots of people run slugs in shotguns. My personal experience with slugs has been miserable. I can't think of a case where I'd rather use a slug shotgun vs an SKS or RFB or frankly any rifle.
the only slugs worth using are AP-20 (and you're correct it's not that good vs other options, its just a superior choice if you need to headshot scavs for a quest or w/e), otherwise shot (or flechette) all the way

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jan 13, 2021

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

I feel dumb asking but how do you extract at the dorms vehicle exit with a buddy? We both payed but he got left behind lol

Paying starts a (really long) countdown until you extract. If you're not in the extraction zone seeing the countdown when it hits 0, you get left, even if you payed.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

Phobeste posted:

Paying starts a (really long) countdown until you extract. If you're not in the extraction zone seeing the countdown when it hits 0, you get left, even if you payed.

Yeah it takes a minute to extract but we were sitting side by side and he got left behind. We tried it twice with the same outcome.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Phobeste posted:

And to add to this, you can leave and come back before the timer ends. Often it's safer to start the cooldown, count down and head back to the car before it leaves.

RobotsLoveSpectres posted:

Yeah it takes a minute to extract but we were sitting side by side and he got left behind. We tried it twice with the same outcome.

Are you positive he paid? Did he see the extract timer counting down? The money can't be in your secure container to pay. On some of them you have to have 3001 roubles in your inventory, not exactly 3000. I learned this the hard way on Woods.

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

ShowTime posted:

The money can't be in your secure container to pay.

Not my experience

Our group has had a handful of times where someone got left, but for any of them where we had a recording either they didn't actually pay (the little green guy icon didn't light up for them) or they were outside the zone when the counter hit zero. Not that I wouldn't believe something could be bugged in Tarkov :)

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Fancy_Lad posted:

Not my experience

Our group has had a handful of times where someone got left, but for any of them where we had a recording either they didn't actually pay (the little green guy icon didn't light up for them) or they were outside the zone when the counter hit zero. Not that I wouldn't believe something could be bugged in Tarkov :)

That's been mine though. The game never sees my roubles in my container, I have to transfer them out of my container to pay at a vehicle. I wonder whats happening if it works for you and not for me.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008

ShowTime posted:

And to add to this, you can leave and come back before the timer ends. Often it's safer to start the cooldown, count down and head back to the car before it leaves.

Are you positive he paid? Did he see the extract timer counting down? The money can't be in your secure container to pay. On some of them you have to have 3001 roubles in your inventory, not exactly 3000. I learned this the hard way on Woods.

According to him he paid but I'll get him to try it again next time we play and make sure he brings more than 7000.

Also one time I was solo and the car just drove away while I sat against the bumper so I believe the extract is at least a little buggy.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I had the dorm car extract pull away, taking my money, and leaving me with a bug where I couldn't heal for the rest of the match

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stux posted:

you can check anything ont he wiki and see if you need it fir for quests etc. the tarkov market site will give u rough ideas on what itll sell for i assume its accurate enough for that but ive never reallysat and double checked it after hitting 10.

if i get the trailer park corner spawn on customs one more time today im going t o scream

I spawned in that stupid clusterfuck of a corner six times in a row once and let me tell you, it’s the worst. Nothing like getting into sweaty firefights with way too many sightlines basically immediately.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Mr Hootington posted:

I had the dorm car extract pull away, taking my money, and leaving me with a bug where I couldn't heal for the rest of the match

I laughed at this more than I probably should have

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

A friend of mine ran in to this on Woods when we were trying to get out Jaeger unlock done. Car took me just fine, it took his money and left a flashing icon in his inventory that stopped him from using any items at all until he was inevitably shot.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
This happened to me last wipe on woods, I got left behind after our four man killed Shturman. Recently the car left behind one of our group on Interchange, although we think he botched it (he made it out Emercom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I've been left behind on just regular non monetary exits. You gotta go to the next.