Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I've been left behind on just regular non monetary exits. You gotta go to the next.

The biggest one of these I can think of is the RUAF extract on Customs, which is bugged and has been for a couple wipes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
What's your favorite RUAF, the one where it counts down but doesn't extract, or the one where there's no counter but you get extracted suddenly at 10 seconds

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Just to add another dorm extract anecdote, I keep 7k in my document bag in my secure container along with my keys explicitly so I can hit that extract whenever I want and I've been able to pay with the money in my container every time

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

Pharmaskittle posted:

Just to add another dorm extract anecdote, I keep 7k in my document bag in my secure container along with my keys explicitly so I can hit that extract whenever I want and I've been able to pay with the money in my container every time

When we go dorms, a pile of cash in the docs case (or SICC last wipe) containing dorms keys and that case is inside in the secure is exactly how my group does it and it pays out from inside the secure just fine.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pharmaskittle posted:

I would say as soon as you get a doc case, stuff 50k-100k in it and add all raid cash found to it.

That has made me never need to worry about "Did I restock my docs?!" and in general I've found enough loose cash on scavs and registers to actually have that amount grow.

The fact that docs case holds cash is also why I think people who use key tools instead of docs cases are weird. Docs case is 2 slots and holds cash. Keytool is twice as expensive and doesn't hold cash...which you generally want to bring anyway.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
SICC case is the true nerd's delight

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cage Kicker posted:

the one where there's no counter but you get extracted suddenly at 10 seconds

Has this happened even when the flood light on the gate is dark?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

SICC case is the true nerd's delight

I agree, but you can't get it till 22 and the quantity of poo poo you need for that trade pretty much means you already have a scav box or two to hold that trash.

You can buy a doc case for 300k last I checked....

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
You also got one for free through the last gift, which was amazing.

I gotta figure out whats going on with being unable to pay for vehicles through my secure container. I have to move the money to my inventory every time. The option shows as red until I move it.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I’ve always kept a stack of roubles in my gamma and never once has a vehicle extract failed to take it out of there.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Has this happened even when the flood light on the gate is dark?

I've seen it where the flood light is dark and you stand there for 7 seconds and then the light and timer appear at 3. RUAF is haunted

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

There's no worse feeling than losing those Nice Things you really wanted to get out of that scav run because your loot goblin urges kicked in and you stopped to check one last spot and got murdered.

I didn't want all those Igolnik bullets anyway.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I've been running naked raids with just a MP-153 and like 10 shells of 12/70 8.55 magnum, and i've been getting multiple scav kills every time while still getting out.

That poo poo just drops a scav like it's nothing.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Magnum Buckshot is great. A single pellet to an unarmored part of the head will kill a regular scav or a PMC.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Bussamove posted:

I spawned in that stupid clusterfuck of a corner six times in a row once and let me tell you, it’s the worst. Nothing like getting into sweaty firefights with way too many sightlines basically immediately.

the only option is to immediately book it towards crossroads, its easily t he worst spawn on the map. the good part is when ive been getting spawned the other side ive been getting the spawn before the one thats nearest dorms, right next to the little tower area on the hill, which is also a garbage spawn lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Ice Fist posted:

The biggest one of these I can think of is the RUAF extract on Customs, which is bugged and has been for a couple wipes now.

ruaf has actually been working for me this wipe, i had literally been ignoring it last wipe bcos it was never working for me

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

What headphones do people use for listening? Lately if I even step on a twig within 200m of someone they spin around and headshot me. I know there's those earphones in game that are supposed to help but I didn't notice a difference so I'm thinking it's my actual headphones because I can't hear at anything close to the range other people seem to.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stux posted:

the only option is to immediately book it towards crossroads, its easily t he worst spawn on the map. the good part is when ive been getting spawned the other side ive been getting the spawn before the one thats nearest dorms, right next to the little tower area on the hill, which is also a garbage spawn lol

I usually book it to the southern most crossing and head towards RUAF myself, I like the looting in that area. But that initial spawn is such bullshit.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

socialsecurity posted:

What headphones do people use for listening? Lately if I even step on a twig within 200m of someone they spin around and headshot me. I know there's those earphones in game that are supposed to help but I didn't notice a difference so I'm thinking it's my actual headphones because I can't hear at anything close to the range other people seem to.

GGSH because i'm broken

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

I like the Sordin and Razor headsets.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So, from screen sharing with my friends, going prone in Woods makes me basically invisible past a very short distance, I just sink into high grass and / or irregular terrain. But is that a reasonable expectation for other players or can some video settings change this?

I remember lying in high grass in PUBG and it turns out the grass isn't rendered after a certain distance.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

every customs raid today i had the stupid trailer park spawn lol

woods seems pretty viable for scav runs now, ive been using them there just to help explore the new area risk free and theres so much loot now, both in the new areas and the old part, and its really quiet. enjoy woods a lot now, expansion and adding actual loot has pushed it up the rankings for me.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Stux posted:

every customs raid today i had the stupid trailer park spawn lol

woods seems pretty viable for scav runs now, ive been using them there just to help explore the new area risk free and theres so much loot now, both in the new areas and the old part, and its really quiet. enjoy woods a lot now, expansion and adding actual loot has pushed it up the rankings for me.

I also love woods, I think it's my favorite map right now.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

socialsecurity posted:

What headphones do people use for listening?

Just comtacs for me. They get the job done. Frankly I've just gotten really used to them.

Razors and the Tactical Sport are also acceptable. Sordins if I have to. The only ones I refuse to use are the GGSH ones. I'd rather not have earpro than wear those. I've not tried the new Walker XCEL ones or the Ops-Core Fast Rac.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

p sure that person is asking about irl headphones

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?

socialsecurity posted:

If it seems like people missed your question, it probably because the idea of the in-game headsets not making a difference goes counter most people's experience. Most likely there is nothing wrong with your actual headphones, you just need to give the in-game stuff another run.

(a tad old, but should give you some idea of what you are missing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7uHeK9y5Q&t=995s

I personally run Comtacs once I get out of the "so poor" very early game and unlock Ragman ll2 (whatever I can get my hands on in that phase). I suggest just trying them all in an offline with scavs, finding what works the best for you, then standardizing on it. If you are constantly flipping between types, you'll have problems judging distance for shots and things like that.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Stux posted:

p sure that person is asking about irl headphones

If so - Shure SRH 1540 plugged into to a SoundBlaster G6 with Scout mode on inside buildings and off outside have been pretty good. (When outside scout mode really amplifies the sound of wind and bushes which can be really annoying) as well as steps I really would recommend a proper gaming DAC - I only got one because I'd get some distortion out of the mobo, but the G6 was really an improvement to overall sound quality in games.

Sound is still a bit wonky in EFT where at time my team mates walking in front appear to be 'behind' and things above or below seem to make almost same noise as right in front...

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Jack B Nimble posted:

So, from screen sharing with my friends, going prone in Woods makes me basically invisible past a very short distance, I just sink into high grass and / or irregular terrain. But is that a reasonable expectation for other players or can some video settings change this?

I remember lying in high grass in PUBG and it turns out the grass isn't rendered after a certain distance.

You are going to be pretty well hidden unless they have a thermal. Grass doesn't gaslight you in this game.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

FileNotFound posted:

If so - Shure SRH 1540 plugged into to a SoundBlaster G6 with Scout mode on inside buildings and off outside have been pretty good. (When outside scout mode really amplifies the sound of wind and bushes which can be really annoying) as well as steps I really would recommend a proper gaming DAC - I only got one because I'd get some distortion out of the mobo, but the G6 was really an improvement to overall sound quality in games.

Sound is still a bit wonky in EFT where at time my team mates walking in front appear to be 'behind' and things above or below seem to make almost same noise as right in front...

Have a G6 too, can recommend.
I never use scout mode though. Maybe I should try it for Tarkov...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u dont need a special dac or £500 shures lol

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Lorem ipsum posted:

You are going to be pretty well hidden unless they have a thermal. Grass doesn't gaslight you in this game.

Thank you, it was making me really paranoid last night. Though I guess now I can just fear high end optics!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

is the thermal meta still "put it on a tiny smg so you can ditch it if it looks like you might die"

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Stux posted:

u dont need a special dac or £500 shures lol

You don't need most things. But they certainly help with enjoyment.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

looking between my k701s and external soundcard and my hyperx headset i got on sale that i plug into my extremely bad front panel audio and realising, it makes no difference at all for a game

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

If headphones don't make a difference how are people hearing me from such insane distances, do they just jack their sound up to dangerous levels? If so is there someway to not be deafened by gunshots then?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

socialsecurity posted:

If headphones don't make a difference how are people hearing me from such insane distances, do they just jack their sound up to dangerous levels? If so is there someway to not be deafened by gunshots then?

In-game headsets make a huge difference in hearing footsteps and sound. So does the Perception skill. Elite Perception allows someone to hear at a much greater distance.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

socialsecurity posted:

the in game ones you said dont make a difference make you able to hear footsteps etc from a lot further away and boost their volume while lowering the sound of gunshots

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

socialsecurity posted:

Yes they do jack up their sounds to stupid levels and some will use profiles to level out the sound meaning the really loud things get toned down.

Soundblaster G6 has a "Smart Volume" setting which basically ends up making everything louder when there is no other sounds but then makes the guns sound quieter.

I'm not trying to push the G6, it's just the device that I have and am familiar with.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you dont need to hjack up your audio just put on comtacs and use some irl headphones theres no secret magic. im at like a 50% survival rate ignoring the raids i slammed into factory with just a pistol for stirrup and i just use some hyperx Gamer Headset i got for cheap on a sale at a normal volume through my motherboards garbage soundcard and i always use comtacs. you have to get used to paying attention to the audio, if you think you hear something at all, just stop moving and listen, or hit crouch and caps lock to keep moving silently and listen. unless youre running through bushes specifically to take a faster line or to break up sightlines or hide, learn the pathing through the bushes without hitting them so you can hear everyone else barreling through them as clear as day. just today i got two kills because i heard some movement, stopped dead in a bush and watched some idiot sprint right next to me bcos they had no comtacs and didnt hear me at all while they were apparently trying to hit every single noise making object within a mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I just bought a pair of Razer Blackshark Pro V2 because they were the highest rated headsets and most recommended that I could find and I would not recommend. I bought them because I wanted a headset to switch from my headphone/mic combo, wanted something wireless and wanted something with advertised surround sound. The surround sound is the worst i've ever heard, with everything in game basically sounding like it came from the same place. My old setup did surprisingly well with surround sound.

I'm gonna be testing them more and deciding if I need to adjust more settings or return them.