Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
I hope those Jenny perverts are taking their Zinc vitamins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

a sexy 50 year old manchild.... a damaged person with the mind of a child.

which is which

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

mallratcal posted:

Clancy Brown is also really good in Highlander.

is there anything Clancy Brown isn't good in

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

priznat posted:

gently caress yes I love the highlander soundtrack. Listening to it now (well, a kind of magic which is basically the soundtrack) it really needs a remaster or maybe my ears are just old lol

It got a good one in 2011. Of course it wasn't anything drastic, not a full remix like they did with some Beatles albums recently, just dusting it off a bit. I think it does have a handful of new alternate mixes on the bonus disc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You people need to watch Tim Rogers 4 and a half hour review of Tokimeki Memorial

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Wait, Wanda Vision is a tv series??? Wtf, I thought it was a movie.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Galewolf posted:

Wait, Wanda Vision is a tv series??? Wtf, I thought it was a movie.

Most Marvel stuff looks like tv shows so easy mistake to make

Heavy Sleeper
May 30, 2020
I think Jenny is alright but can’t watch her videos because of the jump cuts she uses between sentences. It just becomes this non stop stream of words and I kind of forget to breathe after a bit. Honestly the worst style of editing that youtubers seem to us.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Most Marvel stuff looks like tv shows so easy mistake to make

On the flip side, their tv stuff looks good :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBOrprigQu8

Con

Tent

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

:getin:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dunno why they put Mike in the thumbnail twice

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Why is Rich in the thumbnail but not the video?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

luchajones posted:

Why is Rich in the thumbnail but not the video?

Lmao, I expanded it and see it now that it's not actually Rich Evans :negative:

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

I see the RLM marketing department came up with a new street-credible look for Jay. I like the cap.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

"I'm going to watch a tiny doll lady with the mind of a child, surrounded by stuffed animals in her childhood bed in her mom's house, exhaustively talk about things only preteen girls care about.

Please don't make this weird for me."

Jenny can be intelligent and funny, but she lives in her own weird woman-child world so far removed from anything I understand or care about, that I can’t really get into her.

Now, I’d like to talk about Rich Evans’ grundle...

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mike's dementia strikes again.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I get it now. No wonder Jay hangs out with Mike. He loves body horror! duh!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Mike dismissing the original Blob hurt me a bit. It was filmed in and around Phoenixville, Pennsylvania near where I grew up. They have a corny “Blob Festival” there every year, and the Colonial movie theater is still standing and really cool.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

I cannot watch body horror at all so my memories of movies like The Thing, The Blob, or Fly are jumbled messes that trigger my flight response.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Anyone watching Wandavision

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
:lol: Mike's idea that old movies have long boring parts so you can make out during them.

Nah man they just didn't know how to make poo poo interesting back then. People were still amazed to see all the colors and moving images. Ooo, it's air-conditioned inside.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

For some reason I always confuse The Blob and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and I have no idea why

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
they both have fun theme songs

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Nowadays the boring parts are my most favorite part.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

reignofevil posted:

Nowadays the boring parts are my most favorite part.

Yeah no kidding. As a kid Empire Strikes Back was “the boring one” and as an adult it’s “the good one”

The one good part of getting closer to death is being less bad at liking movies

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Anyone watching Wandavision

no because we don't watch trash!!!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i have zero interest in the marvel stuff except to gawk at and i still have no idea why the average person would watch the wandavision stuff

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i have zero interest in the marvel stuff except to gawk at and i still have no idea why the average person would watch the wandavision stuff

Congratulations on spouting off our generation's version of "I don't even own a television"

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The 2010s were for being excited about superheroes, the window has closed. The 2020s are for being excited about Death

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Dungeons and Dragons commentary track announced

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

LanceHunter posted:

Congratulations on spouting off our generation's version of "I don't even own a television"

thanks, man. i hope you enjoy your slop lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wandavision ep 1 and 2 were decent tbh
it's very loving weird, can't see it doing well at all

Bethany and Olson are great. Very funny.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Weirdo posted:

:siren: Dungeons and Dragons commentary track announced

Thank you for your service.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

PostNouveau posted:

Nah man they just didn't know how to make poo poo interesting back then.

drat the more things change

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wandavision ep 1 and 2 were decent tbh
it's very loving weird, can't see it doing well at all

Bethany and Olson are great. Very funny.

You had me at "very loving weird" sounds like it's right up my alley.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

PostNouveau posted:

:lol: Mike's idea that old movies have long boring parts so you can make out during them.

Nah man they just didn't know how to make poo poo interesting back then. People were still amazed to see all the colors and moving images. Ooo, it's air-conditioned inside.

Nah, often it was due to budget. Come up with two or three setpieces and put your money towards that, now we only got enough money left for two actors to stand in a kitchen and talk.

WW84 was, unintentionally, a 2020 version of this.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I love when they review classic horror films like this since their teenage audience gets into classic horror. My art friends gave me some "The Thing" art made by someone who got into body horror like re-animator because of RLM (and others), warms my heart.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kdrudy posted:

You had me at "very loving weird" sounds like it's right up my alley.

Like it's all shot and edited like a 50s sitcom, even the effects are really low-fi. It's like they finally listend to what film nerds would always complain about with Marvel stuff, all of their stuff looks the same. This definitely does not look like any of their other stuff.

It's more a comedy than anything.

I dunno, it feels totally bizarre. It'd never work as a film but they're really leaning into TV tropes. It feels like it's aimed at a much older audience than the films, not in terms of the content but the actual style, I have no idea what kids would think of it but probably not much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
did they do a restoration of the 50's blob? those clips all looked like a million bucks