Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Just taking a second to let everyone know that Super Star is gonna win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

waddler posted:

Ketchup vs Mustard is halfway over.

I’ve seen the bouncy map, cannon map, and the bunker lockdown map in the Shifty Station rotations. Have any others shown up?

It's those 3 and the roller launcher map that are the 4 shifties for this Splatfest.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

drat that cannon map is obnoxious. Also been getting a lot of Star mirror matches, is that because team numbers are heavily skewed or what?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Social Animal posted:

drat that cannon map is obnoxious. Also been getting a lot of Star mirror matches, is that because team numbers are heavily skewed or what?

Most likely yeah.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Social Animal posted:

I really like the cannon map, but then again, I've had a lot of practice with them, and can often hit people directly with it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I got on to play one quick match during halftime and was greeted with NEWS ALERT Spraylan has won a 10x game..

Small world

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
I sure do hope in Splatoon 3, Australia, the smallest population of players, doesn't get cut off from Japan in Pro splatfest mode outside of weird instances where some poor 1800 power team gets sent to the meat grinder.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Help every time I see a bloblobber I can’t help but call it “Bob Loblaw’s bloblobber”

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I hate when someone on my team has a booyah bomb. Sure dude I'll take my thumb off the movement stick for you during this pivotal moment in the fight I'm having.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Cactus posted:

I hate when someone on my team has a booyah bomb. Sure dude I'll take my thumb off the movement stick for you during this pivotal moment in the fight I'm having.

You know you don’t have to do it, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Bloop posted:

I got on to play one quick match during halftime and was greeted with NEWS ALERT Spraylan has won a 10x game..

Small world

https://twitter.com/WerewolfLiker/status/1350507446767411200?s=19

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

skull mask mcgee posted:

You’re no squid of mine if you don’t, unless you’re in an intense fight.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

skull mask mcgee posted:

Yeah but I always do and its distracting. Minor quibble, just venting after a few lost matches today.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't played in many months and I was RUUUUSTY

I lost like six in a row but then won a 10x so I guess I still helped my team lmao

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Bloop posted:

I haven't played in many months and I was RUUUUSTY

I lost like six in a row but then won a 10x so I guess I still helped my team lmao

Same except a 100x

I literally haven’t booted up this game in... years? Probably not since a little while after the Splatpocalypse.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This bouncy shifty station is horrendous. Why Marina. Ah well, at least I got to play the thunderdome station.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
That's it! No more Splatfests! That was the end.

Unless Godzilla attack Japan or something, there will be no more Splatfests until Splatoon 3 arrives. And judging the way they say the Switch is only halfway through its life, that's gonna take some time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Triforce of wisdom v courage splatfest for Zelda 35th incoming

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Unless Godzilla attack Japan or something, there will be no more Splatfests until Splatoon 3 arrives. And judging the way they say the Switch is only halfway through its life, that's gonna take some time.

Did they say this would be the final one again? I thought maybe we’d get another rerun or 2.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

There will be more splatfests.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

SeANMcBAY posted:

Did they say this would be the final one again? I thought maybe we’d get another rerun or 2.

Oh. :negative:

Well, until the next Splatfest announcement, this is so far the last one for now.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

its kinda bs they dont rotate through one of the old fests every 2 or 3 months. I need my snails damnit

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

They didn't say this was the final one but they did say there was gonna be 3 more Splatfests when the first rerun happened. Course nothing is stopping them from announcing more.

The Mario Splatfest was supposed to happen way earlier, (it was found in the data when the Ketchup vs Mayo rerun happened) but it likely got pushed back thanks to COVID, so they decided to do reruns to fill the gap. Also the "save our salmons" teaser at the start of 2020 still hasn't been followed up on. (Also likely got pushed back by COVID) so there's also that to look forward to I guess.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Araxxor posted:

Also the "save our salmons" teaser at the start of 2020 still hasn't been followed up on. (Also likely got pushed back by COVID) so there's also that to look forward to I guess.

What was this? I don’t remember.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

What was this? I don’t remember.

This:

Version without the text highlighted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What the hell.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Araxxor posted:

They didn't say this was the final one but they did say there was gonna be 3 more Splatfests when the first rerun happened. Course nothing is stopping them from announcing more.

The Mario Splatfest was supposed to happen way earlier, (it was found in the data when the Ketchup vs Mayo rerun happened) but it likely got pushed back thanks to COVID, so they decided to do reruns to fill the gap. Also the "save our salmons" teaser at the start of 2020 still hasn't been followed up on. (Also likely got pushed back by COVID) so there's also that to look forward to I guess.

All I can think these days is "Maybe we shouldn't have voted for Chaos. It seems someone was listening."

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RIP Super Stars. Congrats team Super Mushroom!

Also wow that gap in clout is huge. I think that's one of the few times it was more than a 1% to 2% difference.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The Super Star simply ran out of effect in the end.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Boo these trash results.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They’re very good results. My x100 win for Team Mushroom contributed.:whatup:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
🍄

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Cactus posted:

Go into the Switch's options, remap your d-pad down button to Y and save and use that setting every time you play Splatoon. Problem solved.

I use Booyah Bomb a fair amount, so it's been a game-changer for me.

Put the camera reset to L just in case you need it. I honestly don't find myself having to reset the camera very often, so it's worked out fine for me.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SeANMcBAY posted:

They’re very good results. My x100 win for Team Mushroom contributed.:whatup:

Same, bro. Same.

I guess I wasn’t thinking about Pearl vs Marina in this one and sided with Pearl for the first time and won. Whoops!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

They still haven't cracked the advantage that the less popular team has, I see...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Same, bro. Same.

I guess I wasn’t thinking about Pearl vs Marina in this one and sided with Pearl for the first time and won. Whoops!

:yossame:

I've been Marina/Marie since splatfest 1 was cat/dog and I picked mushroom without thinking

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

I almost always side with Pearl because she has great taste. It worked out this time.

Roll Fizzlebeef fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 18, 2021

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Roll Fizzlebeef posted:

I almost always side with Pearl because she has great taste. It worked out this time.

Pearl personally designed Camp Triggerfish. For every bad Shifty Station, there is ALWAYS Camp Triggerfish.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Good to see I made the right choice, I'd ordered both shirts a while back but decided to go team Mushroom because that's the one I decided to put on on Saturday.
Speaking of, you can still get them in the Nintendo Store and they're not sold out for once
https://store.nintendo.com/character-shop/splatoon.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Inu posted:

Go into the Switch's options, remap your d-pad down button to Y and save and use that setting every time you play Splatoon. Problem solved.

I use Booyah Bomb a fair amount, so it's been a game-changer for me.

Put the camera reset to L just in case you need it. I honestly don't find myself having to reset the camera very often, so it's worked out fine for me.

Do you only have to booyah once for the full effect, or does spamming it increase the strength of the bomb?