Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

pospysyl posted:

I can't blame anyone for not remembering Airheads

Wait, I correctly identified those people? :eek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

pospysyl posted:

I can and do,

Cacator posted:

Wait, I correctly identified those people? :eek:

You should feel ashamed of yourself.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

That look really suits Buscemi. Out of that line up I gently caress him, no question.

(Hell yeah, I saw Airheads in a theater)

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jan 18, 2021

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
Should’ve let Hunter pick the music imo

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
On the Buscemi tip, doesn't he also have a super hot girlfriend in Airheads? Or is it Sandler's character.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

On the Buscemi tip, doesn't he also have a super hot girlfriend in Airheads? Or is it Sandler's character.

Probably Sandler, though I doubt in real life Buscemi has any trouble pulling.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Probably Sandler, though I doubt in real life Buscemi has any trouble pulling.

Former actual firefighter, recognizable character actor, comfortably rich? Yeah I’d be shocked if he had trouble. But he got married in ‘87 and stuck with the same woman for 32 years and her death, so he probably wasn’t trying.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Should’ve let Hunter pick the music imo

I was going to make a joke that Buckcherry would reunite instead but I looked it up and they’re still together, amazingly.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
God Blesscemi

https://twitter.com/fbeu/status/1342268068014145536

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

pospysyl posted:

I saw it at the cinema. I recall enjoying it, and their ridiculous (and pretty funny) demands like a football helmet full of cream cheese and a naked picture of Bea Arthur.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Pirate Jet posted:

I was going to make a joke that Buckcherry would reunite instead but I looked it up and they’re still together, amazingly.

Man, i wish we lived in the timeline where Buckcherry opens for the President

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I can't imagine what Biden listens to. Probably the same poo poo as Trump, Andrew Lloyd Weber and ABBA and such. Bananarama.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Shaggy's "Wasn't me" would be a fun second term opener.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

I can't imagine what Biden listens to. Probably the same poo poo as Trump, Andrew Lloyd Weber and ABBA and such. Bananarama.

Like boomer dad rock almost certainly, right? What oldies stations played in the 90s.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Peccadillo posted:

Skwirl posted:

Like boomer dad rock almost certainly, right? What oldies stations played in the 90s.

I have two words for you

Lawrence. Welk.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I have two words for you

Lawrence. Welk.

Too interesting, an accordion is pagan nonsense to him

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I googled it and was reminded of this

https://twitter.com/sarahmucha/status/1306026656860196865

Also he said this is his favourite song so he has worse taste fabulists than loving Donald Trump which is a wild achievement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCIX_zFOmu0

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 18, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This "CIA" doesn't sound very nice to me.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Buschemi playing a firefighter is possibly the only real transcendent thing in the apatow movie about firefighters. Which wasn't too bad either, but hokey in the specific exact way all them Apatow movies is.

FunkyAl fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jan 18, 2021

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Wanna make a firefighter movie with the tone of something like Alien or The Thing where it's a bunch of dudes fighting a malevolent fire spirit with axes.

No schmaltz, no teary eyed hero worship, just dudes bisecting an arsonist imp with the jaws of life.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlXcUyFjNgA

Can't make a non schmaltzy movie about firefighters, they're firefighters, the word itself is courageous and cool and romantic

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 19, 2021

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

FreudianSlippers posted:

Wanna make a firefighter movie with the tone of something like Alien or The Thing where it's a bunch of dudes fighting a malevolent fire spirit with axes.

No schmaltz, no teary eyed hero worship, just dudes bisecting an arsonist imp with the jaws of life.

I think they made an anime about this last year.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

FreudianSlippers posted:

What's this from?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

What's this from?

Operation Gladio by Paul L. Williams

A friend of mine is reading it and sent over that excerpt.

It's about the CIAs operations in Italy and how they financed fascist terrorist groups with drug money. Completely nuts and somehow involves both Frank Sinatra, a kooky far-right Masonic off-shoot, and the Pope.

I need to read it myself.

FreudianSlippers fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 19, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's about the CIAs operations in Italy and how they financed fascist terrorist groups with drug money. Completely nuts and somehow involves both Frank Sinatra, a kooky far-right Masonic off-shoot, and the Pope.

I would check the sources, I'm not gonna say the CIA wouldn't do that because they definitely would've, I just question their basic competency to be able to claim that kinda death count.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

FreudianSlippers posted:

Fire Force is a series about fire fighters in a world where sometimes when people die their spirits become fire monsters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqxVX_LXvk

I liked the first couple episodes but lost interest when it became more about internal Fire fighter politics.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I’ve been meaning to read about this. The Chapo boys never shut up about it.

Skwirl posted:

I would check the sources, I'm not gonna say the CIA wouldn't do that because they definitely would've, I just question their basic competency to be able to claim that kinda death count.

Life is cheap in Sicily.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Gripweed posted:

Fire Force is a series about fire fighters in a world where sometimes when people die their spirits become fire monsters

I liked the first couple episodes but lost interest when it became more about internal Fire fighter politics.

Fire Force is beautifully animated but also never stops leering at the women in the show in the most exaggerated way possible, to the point where it's not only gross for the usual reasons but also constantly, jarringly undercuts dramatic moments. It's the last thing I'd recommend to anyone looking for any consistent tone, let alone the tone of a relatively serious horror movie.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

Life is cheap in Sicily.

Outside of when they directly fund foreign militaries they struggle to kill that many people in South America and Africa. I kinda think they'd act a little more cautious in Italy.

Then again it's the CIA "we just spent 4 years and hundreds of thousands of American lives defeating fascism in Italy, we should absolutely try and bring it back immediately, there will be no consequences down the line for us or the country we're supposedly trying to protect" seems like exactly something they would do.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

Man, the World Commerce Corporation is a rabbit hole

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Maxwell Lord posted:

It was the song Biden's dead son used as a motivator when he was fighting cancer, I'm not gonna nitpick the optics.

Oh well that's different. I thought it was just some lame "How do you do, fellow kids." thing.

caligulamprey posted:

That look really suits Buscemi. Out of that line up I gently caress him, no question.

(Hell yeah, I saw Airheads in a theater)

You'd pick Buscemi over 90s Brendan Fraser? What is wrong with you?

(Same.)

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

If you want a more thorough and academic dig into this after you read that, check out NATO's Secret Armies: Operation GLADIO and Terrorism in Western Europe by Daniele Ganser. A physical copy is expensive as hell but i found a pdf online pretty easy.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Gripweed posted:

Why on earth is it always the same nu metal song from 2004

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Peccadillo posted:

I can only take this as a challenge to post unique and memorable anime theme songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-91y7BJ8QA

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

The Peccadillo posted:

And the angel said unto Jesus, “There is but one nu metal song, and a thousand animes.”

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I can only take this as a challenge to post unique and memorable anime theme songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-91y7BJ8QA

Awful, no one needs you to do that

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

eizouken is actually really fuckin good and would probably be uniquely appealing to a lot of the people in here, its about high school students trying to start their own animation studio out of a bombed out shack on their school's property with basically no budget, and learning how to reconcile the childlike joy you take in cool stuff with the sometimes deeply frustrating and stressful experience of creating cool poo poo yourself. only 12 eps and a breezy watch at that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Peccadillo posted:

Awful, no one needs you to do that

I'm gonna be honest, I was bluffing when I implied I had much more than that. Eizouken and maybe Panzer World Galient are the only unique and memorable anime openings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2CiX6ArmsQ

After that I'm tapped out.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
What was it that christ said about giving pearls out to haters or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Is Brendan Frasier in control of himself or is he still "Monkeybone?"