Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
also the american political system inherently disenfranchises the masses, you're only allowed to meaningfully vote for candidates that the party elites allow you to vote for.

dem leaders would prefer a republican president, or even four more years of trump, over a leftist. you will never see them put forward a leftist candidate. and the system prevents any new party that could represent the politically underserved parts of america from achieving anything at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the two party system is probably the most significant barrier to actual progress, it’s a self sustaining mexican standoff of “we can’t leave the party because the other one would win everything,” hence president elect biden

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Stereotype posted:

this thread is relevant to my interests. i should look at the actual thread list more often instead of just only my bookmarks

no, you really shouldn’t

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I want to point out with this that if you have grants with the federal government you are required by law to explicitly quantify how many sick days people have, so it isn't just societal it is actually a policy problem.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

The Fool posted:

no, you really shouldn’t

because this thread is depressing or because my posting is bad and should be segregated? why not both really though

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Stereotype posted:

because this thread is depressing or because my posting is bad and should be segregated? why not both really though

or because the forums as a whole are garbage and the only way to tolerate it is a heavily curated experience

but really, it’s all three

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

yes let’s get all the cops in the city, surely no cops want to over throw the US government and were part of taking the capitol

Well, there's this :shrug:
https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1350800988496687106

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

so......they just have really expensive batons now?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

it's like those post 9/11 national guardsmen in airports; standing around "protecting freedom" with obviously unloaded weapons, because all an actual terrorist would have had to do is hit some kid in the back of the head and go on a post-security shooting spree

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 19, 2021

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

why are you posting a chud here like that means anything

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

so......they just have really expensive batons now?

too lite and too much plastic to make an effective club

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

look at this bullshit

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1348648783379386370?s=20

why the gently caress are you spreading his garbage

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I know if I wrote that book it would be one sentence long.

“Stop being a racist gently caress”

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

The Fool posted:

I know if I wrote that book it would be one sentence long.

“Stop being a racist gently caress”

2nd sentence: dont do a leftism

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Deplatformed and still posting on twitter and publishing his book to the largest online book store. :laffo:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Deplatformed and still posting on twitter and publishing his book to the largest online book store. :laffo:

a fate worse than death

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hear this, but Trump lost by a worryingly small margin. he got more than 29% of the votes.

here’s more fun: all republicans and most democrats are reactionaries, not just trump voters.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Jabor posted:

also the american political system inherently disenfranchises the masses, you're only allowed to meaningfully vote for candidates that the party elites allow you to vote for.

dem leaders would prefer a republican president, or even four more years of trump, over a leftist. you will never see them put forward a leftist candidate. and the system prevents any new party that could represent the politically underserved parts of america from achieving anything at all.

electoralism is a dead end. you'll never get meaningful change by voting for it, because meaningful change will never be on the ballot

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

MLK wasn't leading a get out the vote drive is what i'm saying

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

qirex posted:

the two party system is probably the most significant barrier to actual progress, it’s a self sustaining mexican standoff of “we can’t leave the party because the other one would win everything,” hence president elect biden

it's mathematically proven (through game theory, anyway, which i have some big problems with as a science) that first-past-the-post voting inevitably leads to a polarized system of two nearly-identical parties that each hover around barely more or less than 50% of the vote.

switching to proportional representation is the first and most fundamental step towards fixing the political system

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

PIZZA.BAT posted:

why are you posting a chud here like that means anything

I don't know what this question means, sorry.
e: I willfully admit to ignorance or stupidity on this one, take your pick.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

it's mathematically proven (through game theory, anyway, which i have some big problems with as a science) that first-past-the-post voting inevitably leads to a polarized system of two nearly-identical parties that each hover around barely more or less than 50% of the vote.

switching to proportional representation is the first and most fundamental step towards fixing the political system

something akin to regression to the mean/lcd to capture the most votes?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

this thread is relevant to my interests. i should look at the actual thread list more often instead of just only my bookmarks

new threads come out all the time

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

echinopsis posted:

are you threatening me?!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

yeah this guy creates 95% of them!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I used to post threads. ah memories

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Bg4SQvhXU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

yeah this guy creates 95% of them!

last I checked I was one thread off from making twice
as many threads as the next most prolific thread maker.. so I didn’t. people keep saying “stop making threads rear end in a top hat” and that made me sad. now life is a dull grey colour and tastes like it’s missing salt

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

make the threads. live your truth.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

as many threads as the next most prolific thread maker.. so I didn’t. people keep saying “stop making threads rear end in a top hat” and that made me sad. now life is a dull grey colour and tastes like it’s missing salt

wasn’t that just one guy who said that? i read all your threads echi

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

also where do you check that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

:justpost:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
How the hell do you post in yospos and think there's not enough salt?

You have the corona.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

also where do you check that

i only know how to find the link from desktop but it’s in per forum stats, when you get there

fart simpson posted:

wasn’t that just one guy who said that? i read all your threads echi

yeah but i felt a little bit bummed out. internet is super scary

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol fartholomew simpson

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

echinopsis posted:

The grey is just GBS, friend. The only bad color is pink.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

lol fartholomew simpson

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I hear this, but Trump lost by a worryingly small margin. he got more than 29% of the votes.

He got twelve million more votes than in 2016.

Twelve million additional voters looked at the last four years and said,, "I gotta have more of that" lmao

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
dnolad tmpiohr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

https://twitter.com/ColMorrisDavis/...ingawful.com%2F