Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Don’t know if that’s possible really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Kinetica posted:

Don’t know if that’s possible really

I think the leshy would make a great Linus.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
Apologies in advance - I'm late to 1.5 and I've skipped over about twenty pages of the thread so that I can read them while I'm playing and discovering the new things.

I've just updated to 1.5 and bought all the mods I can up to speed. After booting up my old save it's absolutely riddled with issues. I'd used Furniture Everywhere, which has now been discontinued with the new features on offer. Stupidly, I didn't read the Nexus discussion and I didn't remove all my outside furniture before updating. Now my farm and slime hatch are covered in immovable default chests where all the outside furniture was. I can't remove them with tools, by hand, or with bombs. Is there a current workaround for it?

My bed is also missing the upper right quarter of the sprite and I can't move it. And the new house expansions will let me build them, but once I build the expansion and head back to the house the only bit of the expansion that's actually been built is the bit that was on screen during the building animation back at Robin's. I can enter the rooms, but they're mostly just black space and allow me to walk off into infinity.

I've put hundreds of hours into this save and my farm and house are just how I want them. I'd really hate to give up on the save. Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

7seven7 posted:

Is there anything I can do or am I screwed?

This seems relevant, if you can't select previous versions from the beta list in steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/413150/discussions/0/1738882531969441395/

I think you can dodge the update by loading steam in offline mode and picking the optout setting, but it's probably too late for that.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
It's too late for me to opt out of auto updates. It's entirely my fault - I should've been checking the discussion pages of my mods before I updated to 1.5 but I'll try that roll back idea.

Are the missing bed sprites and the house expansions into the infinite void known issues?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Beds were just made into objects, so if you have an old recolor that could affect bed sprites.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

You could also dodge loading through Steam if you get a version of SMAPI that works with 1.4 and running it through the shortcut it gives you.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I'm loving the house extensions and stuff. Don't know when they added the ability to remove the crib and add remodel three new rooms into your house FOR FREE, but it's amazing.

Poil posted:

A pomgrenade

Khanstant, taking suggestions for your crop sprite sheet?

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm loving the house extensions and stuff. Don't know when they added the ability to remove the crib and add remodel three new rooms into your house FOR FREE, but it's amazing.

All from 1.5. Also for the record it's just now part of the second house upgrade.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I wanna relocate the bed to the upper right corner now, but I can't help but feel it'll traumatise the kids to hear their parents deep-tilling the next room over. There's not even a door!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

WarpedNaba posted:

I wanna relocate the bed to the upper right corner now, but I can't help but feel it'll traumatise the kids to hear their parents deep-tilling the next room over. There's not even a door!

Bed goes as close to the door as possible for maximum efficiency

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Speaking of houses:

There's an attic and a basement. I was planning to wait until Farmhouse Redone was updated before uploading to Nexus, but it's taking it's time. I like the FR mod because I can designate walls and floors so the game treats them the same way as in the standard farmhouse, and lets you change walls and floors and hang things on walls, as well as relocating things like the front door easily, otherwise you're stuck with my choices.

What do you think of the dividing walls? They're translucent (you can sort of see my character behind the rainbow) - I wanted something less intrusive than a full wall but still dividing the space.
ETA: I did redecorate that hallway, wasn't fond of all the walls and floors clashing.

Bonster fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 19, 2021

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I really appreciate the break from crops winter provides. I've done a ton of mining, tool upgrading, and relationship building. I'm having problems with Penny though. I've given her two artifacts because her wiki page states she likes all artifacts. But I gave her two and she hated them both. So much so that Penny and I are back at one heart.

Is this guide inaccurate, did I find a bug, or does Penny really just hate rusty spurs and chicken statues? I'm playing on Switch if it matters.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Are you sure you didn't misread artifacts for artisan? She likes artisan goods, most villagers either dislike or are neutral on artifacts. They're pretty much useless (except for a few like dinosaur eggs) once you have one in a museum.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the wiki definitely says she likes all artifacts, and that they're universal hates otherwise.

maybe it was removed during the transition from 1.4 to 1.5, is the only thing i can think of

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Wildtortilla posted:

I really appreciate the break from crops winter provides. I've done a ton of mining, tool upgrading, and relationship building. I'm having problems with Penny though. I've given her two artifacts because her wiki page states she likes all artifacts. But I gave her two and she hated them both. So much so that Penny and I are back at one heart.

Is this guide inaccurate, did I find a bug, or does Penny really just hate rusty spurs and chicken statues? I'm playing on Switch if it matters.

She only started to like artifacts in 1.5, and that update hasn’t dropped on consoles yet.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

hopeandjoy posted:

She only started to like artifacts in 1.5, and that update hasn’t dropped on consoles yet.

Ah, it's a 1.5 thing. Thanks!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh, that must be annoying. :(

The status effect for monster musk has a really cute symbol. :3:
Is there anything more humiliating than being low on energy and finding food in Clint's bin?

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

Poil posted:

Is there anything more humiliating than being low on energy and finding food in Clint's bin?

Heading to Emily's house to give her a gift, rummaging through her garbage can right as she exits the house, then winning her back by meekly offering her the piece of Jade I found therein because she likes it more than what I originally brought her.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Wildtortilla posted:

I really appreciate the break from crops winter provides. I've done a ton of mining, tool upgrading, and relationship building.

Wait, there are people who don't grow massive crops all winter to maximize their foraging skill and accumulate tons of crystal fruit and crocuses and snow yams (winter roots are obviously just for making more seeds)?

Speaking of winter why is holly so worthless? I don't even bothering picking it up anymore. I wish you could at least, like... make wreaths out of it or something, or if it was worth giving out as a gift.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

GlyphGryph posted:

Wait, there are people who don't grow massive crops all winter to maximize their foraging skill and accumulate tons of crystal fruit and crocuses and snow yams (winter roots are obviously just for making more seeds)?

Speaking of winter why is holly so worthless? I don't even bothering picking it up anymore. I wish you could at least, like... make wreaths out of it or something, or if it was worth giving out as a gift.

Holly is a pretty nice trickle of income for people who don't go crazy megafarming winter seeds.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Wildtortilla posted:

I really appreciate the break from crops winter provides.

Yeah it's really good pacing, Y1 winter especially. It can be a little bit of a drag in Y2/Y3 but that's what the 1.5 update you don't have yet (sorry) is for!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm the luckiest skunk in the entire universe. On a whim I went over to my Quarry and I found a mystic stone, breaking it open I found a Prismatic shard, and now I have the Galaxy Sword! And to think only yesterday I was fretting whether it was a good idea to buy the advanced coop with my lava sword money, now I don't need to!

Edit: Oh, that Mystic stone also gave me just enough irridium to make another irridium bar, so that's two irridium sprinkers in my Greenhouse now. Yee.

Tombot fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 19, 2021

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I almost hate to ask this because SDV is a game where the devs have supported it way longer than they would reasonably be expected and with tons of content, but has CA or anyone said anything about native M1 powered Mac support?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I can't grow crops in winter. My greenhouse is still in shambles. My income is fueled by 12 preserve jars, 5 mayo machines, and 1 cheese maker. I have a chest with a few hundred berries and grapes, 4 cows, 5 chickens, and 3 ducks supporting this effort. I'm excited to meet the spring with a golden hoe and watering can.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Wildtortilla posted:

I can't grow crops in winter. My greenhouse is still in shambles. My income is fueled by 12 preserve jars, 5 mayo machines, and 1 cheese maker. I have a chest with a few hundred berries and grapes, 4 cows, 5 chickens, and 3 ducks supporting this effort. I'm excited to meet the spring with a golden hoe and watering can.

You can make Wild Seeds (where you grow forageables) for winter as well as the other seasons. So that means at least 3 possible harvests during winter as well!

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

I almost hate to ask this because SDV is a game where the devs have supported it way longer than they would reasonably be expected and with tons of content, but has CA or anyone said anything about native M1 powered Mac support?

It's worked since November:
https://twitter.com/__tosh/status/1329099180476928002

You can see Stardew in his screenshot of the spreadsheet from Nov 18th or earlier. Both versions, PC and Mobile run.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Sigourney Cheevos posted:

It's worked since November:
https://twitter.com/__tosh/status/1329099180476928002

You can see Stardew in his screenshot of the spreadsheet from Nov 18th or earlier. Both versions, PC and Mobile run.

What's the deal here? I don't really have any context of what Apple M1 is and why games running on it are a good/bad thing.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Rick_Hunter posted:

What's the deal here? I don't really have any context of what Apple M1 is and why games running on it are a good/bad thing.

Previously Apple used Intel chips as their processors. Now Apple is designing their own chips for their computers in house (they have been designing for mobile for much longer). This is a big deal because the architecture of the chips are totally different and actually process things using different rules. Apple has provided an emulator of sorts to let Intel programs run on their M1 platform as more of a stopgap until developers release a version that just runs using the rules and instruction set of the Apple designed chips. By all accounts, the M1 absolutely slaps and Intel has nothing to provide Apple that is even reasonably close. They made the move because intel has been super stagnant in their processors for a whole host of reasons. Anyway thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

KKKLIP ART posted:

Previously Apple used Intel chips as their processors. Now Apple is designing their own chips for their computers in house (they have been designing for mobile for much longer). This is a big deal because the architecture of the chips are totally different and actually process things using different rules. Apple has provided an emulator of sorts to let Intel programs run on their M1 platform as more of a stopgap until developers release a version that just runs using the rules and instruction set of the Apple designed chips. By all accounts, the M1 absolutely slaps and Intel has nothing to provide Apple that is even reasonably close. They made the move because intel has been super stagnant in their processors for a whole host of reasons. Anyway thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

That's really informative, thanks. I'm just getting back into PC gaming and only really play SDV on a previous gen PC running Windows 7. The only experience I possibly have with processors is when everything switched to 64-bit architecture and all of my games stopped working on my 4 year old MacBook Pro.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Lugubrious posted:

Poil posted:

Heading to Emily's house to give her a gift, rummaging through her garbage can right as she exits the house, then winning her back by meekly offering her the piece of Jade I found therein because she likes it more than what I originally brought her.

Trying to complete a quest with Jody, only to have to go back to the farm to get another one because you mistook Leah's sprite for her and gave the item to the wrong person, and then having to go back to the farm again because the same thing happened with Elliott.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

KKKLIP ART posted:

This post is causing me to slightly, very slightly, doubt my someday-move-from-OSX, because in terms of audio support and upgrading, I am (mostly) loving DONE with Apple.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ARM based processor's aren't nearly as impressive as that poster is making it seem. It's more of a power efficiency thing than a raw performance thing, very little application in a dedicated desktop.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

ARM based processor's aren't nearly as impressive as that poster is making it seem. It's more of a power efficiency thing than a raw performance thing, very little application in a dedicated desktop.

I mean I don't want to turn this into the CPU thread, but pretty much everyone was shocked what it puts on the table and it really has more power than anything Intel could have offered apple, especially in the power envelope they wanted to stay in. Its just a good processor. 5 years ago, we would have said that ARM outside of smartphones is dumb. Who knows!

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how well SDV runs on it, my 2014 MBP chugs a bit with a few mods.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean the dude before me clearly wants to get out of Apples walled garden and the M1 is certainly not a reason to stay. Benchmarking an ARM based chip like that is very hard compared to an x86-x64 processor, especially given apples tendency to use "impressive" numbers to entice people to use system's that are in functional use identical to a PC that costs a quarter of the price, I don't trust that it'll be anything more than another apple gimmick for at least the next half decade.

I'll be fair, Desktops will probably eventually switch over to ARM or some other architecture that isn't, in computer terms, ancient but getting in on the ground floor of it with apple is not a wise investment.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
FWIW, it runs just fine on my M1 Macbook!

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I mean the dude before me clearly wants to get out of Apples walled garden and the M1 is certainly not a reason to stay. Benchmarking an ARM based chip like that is very hard compared to an x86-x64 processor, especially given apples tendency to use "impressive" numbers to entice people to use system's that are in functional use identical to a PC that costs a quarter of the price, I don't trust that it'll be anything more than another apple gimmick for at least the next half decade.

I'll be fair, Desktops will probably eventually switch over to ARM or some other architecture that isn't, in computer terms, ancient but getting in on the ground floor of it with apple is not a wise investment.

What if I want to be insufferable about my computer though

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Any new info on when the 1.5 update is coming to the switch?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Kinetica posted:

What if I want to be insufferable about my computer though

YOSPOS is thatta way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Any new info on when the 1.5 update is coming to the switch?

We never got anymore information on when it came out for the PC other than Soon (TM) and hopefully before the end of the year(2020). Then it came out.

Only info we have is that he hopes it'll come out for consoles by the end of the month (January) but didn't want to set a deadline.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1343283556986966017