Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

KoRMaK posted:

im not sure if this is that one but here, its called ice cross
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr33F6Bc6s8

Redbull Crashed Ice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's all fun and games until an involuntarily amputation happens

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I always wondered why they were called Men On Ice, but they really do have their own thing I guess.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

"How?" was pretty much the exact reaction I had as well.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Sneak peek of this year's Budweiser Super Bowl commercial

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
4 horsepower winch mod for Snowrunner when?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Wow, that sucks. It's probably deep enough that you'd need diving equipment and there's a good chance that thing raises enough debris to camouflage it on the floor.

But also, lmao at the woman neatly retrieving the cord and then throwing it away dejectedly. Great situational comedy, trying to get back home is going to suck a lot.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
loving christ being stuck without a paddle is potentially quite dangerous depending on how fast currents.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

zedprime posted:

4 horsepower winch mod for Snowrunner when?

Man, Mudrunner felt like a much better game to be honest. Can set it up for proper manual transmission shifting as well (clutch and all!). Was super stoked about Snowrunner but other than improved graphics it felt like a worse game in every sense.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I was gonna say that's pretty impressive for 4 horsepower, but then I looked it up and the maximum power of a horse is 15 horsepower.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

This is actually an airshow stunt I've seen before.

From 2009.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I always wondered why they were called Men On Ice, but they really do have their own thing I guess.

:dadjoke:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

KoRMaK posted:

https://i.imgur.com/a3KTdAw.mp4
you can ice skate uphill and its rad

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
if they can land on one, not sure why they can't take off from a treadmill.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

might as well at this point.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xJUEJLV.gifv

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qn7bzjWf2q1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qn7bokxpUJ1r0uzl6.mp4

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

me: alright, looks like you got the tool swapped out. did you tighten down the collet nut?
student: yeah i did
me: sure you torqued it properly?
student: yep, it's all good

(1 minute later)

student:

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

For a minute I thought this was Super Dave Osborne. "I'm OK!"

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

Well, that was an expensive way to pass.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Sagebrush posted:

me: alright, looks like you got the tool swapped out. did you tighten down the collet nut?
student: yeah i did
me: sure you torqued it properly?
student: yep, it's all good

(1 minute later)

student:

Same, except they forgot to tighten the vise. Dented Z axis way covers and cracked front window. Thank god for safety glass!

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo.
I work on safety-critical car electronics and have had conversations like this far too often:

:v: Do we really need to check that the hardware still works every time the car turns on?
:geno: Yes. We have to check everything every time, more or less.
:v: But we already did factory testing so we know it works. It will save a lot of time if we don't.
:geno: We can't just assume that it works though. Our objective is to make the device failsafe. If we can't detect it failed we can't take any action to make it safe.
:v: But how can this part fail?
:geno: It doesn't really matter how. We have to assume it can fail and check it as a matter of course.
:v: Alright alright. Well it's calibrated at startup at least we don't have to worry about that.
:geno: Yes we do... We can't assume the result will never change. In fact we need to check the calibration every 50ms because it's absolutely critical that it's correct.
:v: Can't we just do it once though? It's going to be the same result every time.
:geno: We can't just assume it will never break. What if it breaks?
:v: I've never heard of this kind of part breaking.
:geno: OK... Let's say we don't check it. A car with our device explodes and a family of five burns to death inside. Now how are we going to prove that we didn't kill those people?
:v: I don't want to think about that. Come on. That's a bit extreme.
:geno: Even if we make no mistakes, something else could fail and we could take the blame for it. Are we going to testify in court that we just never expected it to break so we didn't check it? How do you think that'll go for us?
:v: Yeah... yeah... alright. You're right.
:geno: If you assume it fails you don't have to worry about it. It's much easier to begin by assuming everything will fail.
:v: True. Well at least we don't have to check [other thing we DEFINITELY HAVE TO CHECK]......

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It's infuriating dealing with that with jr or even sr devs. Just stop assuming so much! Don't you get that's the theme here?!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Well they have a high visibility shoulder pad vest so that's good.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Wherever this is seems pretty industrial. Wouldn’t they have like maybe a heat gun lying around? Or even just a propane heater to stand in front of?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Ziv Zulander posted:

Wherever this is seems pretty industrial. Wouldn’t they have like maybe a heat gun lying around? Or even just a propane heater to stand in front of?

can't they just stand in-front of a fire?

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

This went from Russia to maximum Russia when the fire axe came into frame.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Wasabi the J posted:

loving christ being stuck without a paddle is potentially quite dangerous depending on how fast currents.

Hopefully they had their phones and called the Coast Guard or whoever.

emf
Aug 1, 2002

1 pfd / occupant
overboard tether being worn
looks pretty OSHA compliant to me

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

my family had a lovely motor boat when I was growing up that broke down every other time we took it out on the water. turns out most boaters are very happy to help you out and tow you if you're stuck! and we didn't even have any cute women on board..

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

"How?" was pretty much the exact reaction I had as well.

Inflatable boats don't have permanent mounting for the outboard so you can take it off and deflate the boat. Whomever installed it last did not ensure it was tight enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGveyECsJCw&t=22s

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Wasabi the J posted:

People always talking bad about poo poo creeks, but you know what, probably not going to be flowing all that fast.

...possibly better place to be stuck in without a paddle?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

gently caress SNEEP posted:

my family had a lovely motor boat when I was growing up that broke down every other time we took it out on the water. turns out most boaters are very happy to help you out and tow you if you're stuck! and we didn't even have any cute women on board..

This. It's two girls in bikinis within sight of a busy choke point near a bridge. They got a free tow and some beers tossed to them within the hour.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
There's gotta be a less vivid way to produce mental images than 'Two girls in bikinis near a busy choke point'.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Different two strokes for different boats

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Two girls, one boat.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

! and we didn't even have any cute women on board..

There's your first mistake.

moparacker
May 8, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

There's gotta be a less vivid way to produce mental images than 'Two girls in bikinis near a busy choke point'.

I read it as "busty" my first time.

Wait...you said LESS vivid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

turns out most boaters are very happy to help you out and tow you if you're stuck! and we didn't even have any cute women on board..

Just remember that if you can't see any tasty treats, you might be the tasty treats