Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's a stomp, yeh. Gunnar did well but the other rlanes went so, so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
they just voluntarily accepted these lanes where they got completely demolished. idk, i really dont understand not at least trying to give your clinkz or your bat a better game.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Iceiceice tide 👀

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
not lane swapping Clinkz for Bat was probably a mistake. yeah EG will probably swap with you but at least it's something.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Reality Protester posted:

not lane swapping Clinkz for Bat was probably a mistake. yeah EG will probably swap with you but at least it's something.

yeah i think they just didnt expect the trilane top. i still dont really understand the clinkz pick though tbh. i feel like you can only pick clinkz if you know you wont have to play against naga, pl, or pa. maybe they could have gone for wraith king instead? it just seems like if you accept the laning configuration that game, youre just kinda giving up the game. you just need like 12000 net worth to fight as clinkz in this game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat I’m very happy with the DPC so far after today lol. Very fun games from na and eu regions. Need to catch some SA games tomorrow

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
theres a really good sea match in 5 hours

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Ah yes, Tier 7 NA Clown Dota.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
As soon as Arkosh won, lukiluki immediately went live and started complaining and whining about his loss, his teammates, and the comms between with his teammates.

Lmao

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

The REAL Goobusters posted:

As soon as Arkosh won, lukiluki immediately went live and started complaining and whining about his loss, his teammates, and the comms between with his teammates.

Lmao

DogChamp is such a good name, sad that the team will probably go the way of Arizona Iced Out Boys

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Is he a streamer? Offlane OD just seems so questionable, exactly because of how it played out. It’s like the only lane the hero doesn’t naturally do well in, because he’s so gankable playing that far from the tower, and when he falls behind on farm he just doesn’t do enough in fights. And it’s not like he wants to be playing solo across the river and taking pressure off his carry, which they desperately needed.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Luki is a streamer and got micro famous as NA’s greatest pango spammer. He got to like 9k mmr playing almost only that hero

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

rjmccall posted:

Is he a streamer? Offlane OD just seems so questionable, exactly because of how it played out. It’s like the only lane the hero doesn’t naturally do well in, because he’s so gankable playing that far from the tower, and when he falls behind on farm he just doesn’t do enough in fights. And it’s not like he wants to be playing solo across the river and taking pressure off his carry, which they desperately needed.

Offlane OD is very, very good, lukiluki is just very bad.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The BTS stream kept pausing / buffering for me at home last night, DreamLeague stream is doing the same at the office this morning. Is Twitch just hot loving garbage? I never ever ever use the platform other than Pro DOTA once or twice a year.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was having the same problem with bts last night so I would definitely assume it was something on their end. Not sure about Dreamleague this morning though

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

IcePhoenix posted:

I was having the same problem with bts last night so I would definitely assume it was something on their end. Not sure about Dreamleague this morning though

It's just Twitch. Was having problems last night with completely unrelated streams.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
BTS observer was unable to maintain 60fps and had 200 ping so there may have been other factors

https://twitter.com/Cyborgmatt/status/1351709644188745736?s=20

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 20, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sab669 posted:

The BTS stream kept pausing / buffering for me at home last night, DreamLeague stream is doing the same at the office this morning. Is Twitch just hot loving garbage? I never ever ever use the platform other than Pro DOTA once or twice a year.

Twitch has been god awful all 2021, it’s actually insane how bad it’s been

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Always fun to see a terrorblade get absolutely dumpstered

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Offlane Alch? Count me in as intrigued

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

12/0/8 mid bat my goodness

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

In a shocking twist, w33 is 7th in net worth. They desperately need to get rid of him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao Purge going hard on that alch pick

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

In a shocking twist, w33 is 7th in net worth. They desperately need to get rid of him.

He's terrible. And yet they still made ti9 finals.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
These kuro drafts.....

E: they gave nikobaby wk again.....

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
yes it is definitely w33's fault that they lost and not the offlane alchemist. it's actually insane the degree to which people will blame w33 specifically for a loss rather than literally any other player on nigma. w33 is very good at dota and every time nigma loses it is not specifically w33's fault.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sampatrick posted:

yes it is definitely w33's fault that they lost and not the offlane alchemist. it's actually insane the degree to which people will blame w33 specifically for a loss rather than literally any other player on nigma. w33 is very good at dota and every time nigma loses it is not specifically w33's fault.

Nobody claimed that he was responsible for that loss.

That game was lost in the draft (offline alch is awful) w33’s performance is not responsible for the loss, that does not mean that he performed well.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Nobody claimed that he was responsible for that loss.

That game was lost in the draft (offline alch is awful) w33’s performance is not responsible for the loss, that does not mean that he performed well.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Please increase your reading comprehension.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sampatrick posted:

Sampatrick posted:

No I'm saying that you're essentially a random redditor who doesn't know what he's talking about and should listen to what the actual pros say (which is that w33 is a very good player). It is in fact exactly like when redditors would flame ana all the time after ana won two majors; just listen to zai and trust that ana is a very good player. Similarly, just listen to everyone else in the scene and trust that w33 is a very good player.

Sampatrick posted:

The people who think w33 isn't a good player are only slightly more idiotic than the people who used to think ana was a bad player back in 2017. w33 is really, really good!

Sampatrick posted:

w33 and mc are, in fact, very good dota players and playing bad in one game is in no way an argument that theyre not lol

Sampatrick posted:

no i think w33 played amazing at ti6. his mirana was absolutely incredible, his invoker was amazing, and he played a ton of off meta stuff like magnus, ursa, and the skywrath game. he also played the best alch of anyone that tournament. moo only played timber in like 4 games that ti. if you go back to that tournament, it is indisputable that w33 owned. i hate on w33 more than anyone but ti6 is probably the best performance that w33 has ever had at any tournament.

Hi w33's mom

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This wild rear end kuro draft is working lol

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the classic >1k gold lead per minute stomp

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

im not blaming the loss on w33 im just specifically pointing out his performance as being bad which is of course completely unrelated to their loss. like come the gently caress on dude. youre going to bring up w33 having a mediocre lane and then ignore miracle feeding the one secured lane kuroky drafted over and over again. this poo poo is so dumb. i dont understand the hate that yall have for w33. hes been in the finals of two tis, basically every pro respects his play, like idk man. im sure that i could go back to the 2017 thread and find yall talking poo poo about ana. the constant making GBS threads on w33 is some serious reddit level poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
this thread's 2 truths:

1. making GBS threads on w33
2. making GBS threads on EG

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

if making GBS threads on EG is wrong I never want to be right

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

These kuro drafts.....

E: they gave nikobaby wk again.....

Aged well

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
i really like how large the mid hero pool is right now. it feels like almost any hero can be viably played mid nowadays. there are a couple clear tier 1 heroes like bat rider and puck but you also get your snapfires or grimstrokes or in this game slark. now the weird niche picks arent just cheese heroes, theyre just weird heroes which is pretty cool.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this is sucha dumb gotcha, reading comprehension is the entire reason anyone can infer that you're blaming the loss on him, but you didn't literally say it so you can give yourself an out and try to get a reverse dunk to be :smuggo:

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
this pos 5 void spirit is heinous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Aged well

both teams with similar drafts again for game 3. Lets see what happens lol