Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
My dad took me to monster trucks when I was a kid, it was in an nhl arena and I remember being dizzy/nauseous from all the fumes and poo poo. To be fair probably not many brain cells to be lost as there weren’t many to be had

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

McGavin posted:

Where do they call dumplings Peking ravioli? It needs to be destroyed.

in New England, at least. That big chinese food chain Nancy Chang's calls it that. Also wonton, gyoza, all those are probably the same or similar stuff yeah. Personally i call them pot stickers even if i get the steamed and not fried kind

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

carry on then posted:

midwest fair food staple: the walking taco:

shove a bunch of midwest taco ingredients into a snack-size bag of doritos or fritos and chow down

In the deep south, the chip of choice is Fritos and much less complicated. Usually, it's just hamburger meat and nacho cheese poured in a bag.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

RC and Moon Pie posted:

just hamburger meat and nacho cheese poured in a bag.

this is my listed body type on OkCupid

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 20, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
dont post trump here fuccboi :redass:

sex excellence
Feb 19, 2011

Satisfaction Guranteed

Yup, that's every bar in Wisconsin

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

sex excellence posted:

Yup, that's every bar in Wisconsin

That man's sillouette absolutely fascinates me.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

oh WOW

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

This is a real bar in Wisconsin, I only know about it because of Red Letter Media

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dollar store Microwave’s mom.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I need this

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

i want blurrier pictures with worse lighting taken by poorer people who care less about their appearance, and i'm not kidding

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

meet me at the combination Gun Club/Dance Hall :clint:

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

We drove from Las Vegas to Austin a few years back, and it was excellent.

Visited Roswell on the way and I feel like it fits this thread well:

They have the famous UFO McD's. It smelled like literal poo poo inside, so we didn't stay long.

Maybe it was this guy who smelled?

On the way to Roswell we stopped for lunch and the guy manning the restaurant/donut shop seemed really unnerved by us and our communist language. I think it didn't help that two of our group ordered a salad. A salad, in desert?

Other highlights: Staying in an AirBnB in a Navajo lady's yard in Monument Valley (she made us delicious fry bread for breakfast, I still reminiscence it fondly) and some guy offering us his bologna sandwich in Krause Springs near Austin.

Well, that's my stories of America.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

owns

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

This rules, just wish it was a weed store instead of dunkin.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
If we're gonna post real poo poo, here's some stuff that could be Americana.

Me in like South Dakota or Arizona or something. I can't remember. In between WI and AZ.

My niece Irish dancing at one of the many random Irish festivals we have around here.

Me with "Miss Kenosha" at some lodge. Can't remember where. I think it was a fundraiser. Standard brown panel room, odd pictures and plaques, folding tables, and metal trays of food.

Beer caves at Miller Brewing in Milwaukee.

REN FAIRE!!!
Some woman selling meat roses.

Vegetable Justice. Some guy makes fun of you and you get angry and throw tomatoes at him.

Me finally living my dream and eating a giant turkey leg. I want to do it again cause I got super drunk (as you should) and can't remember how it was.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

got me going through more old pics

friends of mine, sadly their pup passed last year

Marfa Tx:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I have a two year old son who is obsessed with cars and it's hard if not impossible to find extreme car spectacles here in Northern Europe. Closest you'll find is tractor pulls. I wish I could take him to the automotive spectacles I went to in the US as a kid.

I showed him some Monster Truck Jam videos on the YouTube and they said "this is the world series of MONSTER TRUCK FREESTYLE!!!!" and I lolled cause aside from maybe Canada who else even does monster trucks at a competitive level?

I saw "monster trucks" in germany that were very underwhelming in comparison to monster jam but probably would be pretty exciting otherwise.

It was some sort of family that traveled in caravans and had modded trucks and bmw cars and stuff and did a whole big stunt show. It was in the parking lot of some big opel factory with like maybe 100 people watching it. It was very rural america like. I think I might have some videos somewhere of it.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Don’t doxx me bro!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

500excf type r posted:

I saw "monster trucks" in germany that were very underwhelming in comparison to monster jam but probably would be pretty exciting otherwise.

It was some sort of family that traveled in caravans and had modded trucks and bmw cars and stuff and did a whole big stunt show. It was in the parking lot of some big opel factory with like maybe 100 people watching it. It was very rural america like. I think I might have some videos somewhere of it.

Did they have a giant V8 powered motorcycle as well?

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Clayton Bigsby posted:

Did they have a giant V8 powered motorcycle as well?

You can buy those, you know. "Boss Hoss" is the brand.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I wandered some shops in Utah one afternoon

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh, a dinosaur bone apparently worth $4,500,000 just sitting out in the open where anyone can lean on.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh, a dinosaur bone apparently worth $4,500,000 just sitting out in the open where anyone can lean on.

Looks like someone already broke it

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

colonelwest posted:

Don’t doxx me bro!

You're a cardboard cut out of trump?

Man that rough buddy. :(

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Picnic Princess posted:

I wandered some shops in Utah one afternoon

I'm guessing Moab? Such an odd place, even for Utah....

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

AKZ posted:

Crossposting from the bad tattoo thread.

Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't look as bad as everyone has been saying

If you're gonna post Marfa you gotta include the Prada store:

The first real job I ever had was here, they just happen to have a big crab on top but the food is great unlike the rest of the thread:

This putt putt golf course must have had the same figures since at least the 70s, with fresh plaster and paint once in awhile, smack dab in some prime real estate in Austin:

Obligatory dinosaur

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
And now I've seen mini golf rabbit ahegao.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Weka posted:

And now I've seen mini golf rabbit ahegao.

lol

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009
Here’s a fiddle made from the jawbone of a mule:

The Museum of Appalachia in Tennessee holds this and hundreds more intriguing artifacts from increasingly long ago, like Casey Jones’ The Devil he found in a walnut tree:

(Please do *not* touch The Devil)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Goosey Lee posted:

Here’s a fiddle made from the jawbone of a mule:

The Museum of Appalachia in Tennessee holds this and hundreds more intriguing artifacts from increasingly long ago, like Casey Jones’ The Devil he found in a walnut tree:

(Please do *not* touch The Devil)

From the same museum:

The tag is hard to read but it says:
CHILD BRIDE
"Saved by the Sheriff"

Also this:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
One set of my sixth great grandparents was buried in their family cemetery. Unlike a lot of other family cemeteries, their bodies were never moved when the land was sold. Feels very American that my distant ancestors' bodies are now the property of wells fargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

cult_hero posted:

I'm guessing Moab? Such an odd place, even for Utah....

Sure was. I blame the uranium mines.