Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dog Kisser posted:

Throwing knives are so strange because it's like... okay, it makes sense that you throw a knife and it's gone. That's sensible. But not being able to pick them up afterwards is really dumb. Hell, it should give you a simple crafting recipe for them (or you should have one by default) to make it a viable gameplay method. I still used them a lot because they're REALLY strong and they look cool, but it seems like with just a little more effort they could have been useful.

Hopefully it’s something they can revisit in patches or DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dog Kisser posted:

Throwing knives are so strange because it's like... okay, it makes sense that you throw a knife and it's gone. That's sensible. But not being able to pick them up afterwards is really dumb. Hell, it should give you a simple crafting recipe for them (or you should have one by default) to make it a viable gameplay method. I still used them a lot because they're REALLY strong and they look cool, but it seems like with just a little more effort they could have been useful.

Yeah, not bothering with them until then

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
River is easily the most half-baked NPC friend in the game. He grew on me a little bit by the end of his arc but something about how it started with him felt more railroaded then most.

I'll criticism the game to my hearts content (there is a lot to criticize) but the leap from that to threatening CDPR employees is lol.

hobbesmaster posted:

Hopefully it’s something they can revisit in patches or DLC.

lol this should be the name of the thread

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

ooops!

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I surprised more people haven't brought up the fact that drones and mechanical enemies in this game are extremely dissapointing (or how the scanner descriptions for alot of things are missing, or messed up like a miltech combat drone in arisaka colors hanging out in a third corporate building?)

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Playing the game on high end PC, and I'm mostly through the main story. Lots of sidequests left, and I felt like I should play through them first, but every time I start one up there's 3-4 new or old bugs that just piss me off and make me want to uninstall it till they fix this poo poo. Ugh.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

ughhhh posted:

I surprised more people haven't brought up the fact that drones and mechanical enemies in this game are extremely dissapointing (or how the scanner descriptions for alot of things are missing, or messed up like a miltech combat drone in arisaka colors hanging out in a third corporate building?)

Bro, its because that is just a drop in the bucket of poo poo that was not fully or properly implemented. Pedestrians hardly work. There is no driving AI. If you wear too much armor you stack overflow into wearing no armor or whatever. Equipping different armor that add a bonus to crit chance / crit damage sometimes take away that bonus. Missing lore tidbits and lovely enemy types aren't even addressable yet.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Dog Kisser posted:

If they just let you stack them like grenades or even have you infinite knives like the missile arm it would be fine. The fact that you not only can only throw one, but you can't grab another one from inventory is hilariously stupid.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ughhhh posted:

Arasaka and Militech are private security companies first. You should mainly see them in a third party corporate building. Both militech and araska are also arms manufacturers amongst, well probably everything else as they’re both dystopian future keiretsus. As Arasaka was prohibited from operating in the NUSA for the last 50 years most corps that haven’t bought new equipment very recently are going to only own militech assets. If a company contracts their security operations to Arasaka now that Militech has been officially kicked out of the free city that means there’s going to be a lot of Militech equipment that is now operated by Arasaka on behalf of third parties.

This should probably be explained somewhere explicitly but it makes a lot of sense based on the history in red.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Splorange posted:

I'll also admit that the meta story I'm mostly fascinated with the way the organization's problems manifested itself.. I mean I shouldn't care when I'm off the clock, but to me it is a fascinating case study. (I hang out with HR and management types a lot) Like up to this point I thought CDPR was doing pretty goddamn well for how they positioned their brand and all.

Oh they absolutely were, that's what engendered such disappointment for a lot of people (though again, that doesn't excuse the idiot gamers who are being lovely harassing assholes). CDPR had successfully built up a "by gamers, for gamers" reputation and people believed them when they said the game would be released "when it's ready". The fact that it wasn't even remotely ready for primetime in so many ways just completely wiped that goodwill out. It's not impossible to rebuild that reputation--Hello Games proved that with No Man's Sky, which had a similarly overhyped buildup and disastrous launch--but it's definitely gonna take a lot of work.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

ughhhh posted:

Did you somehow miss the mission where you're pretending to be a militech arms merchant selling a combat drone to arasaka? Of all the broken things in this game that is not one of them.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
It doesn't help some people really seem to hate on this game like it personally killed their parents. I get you don't like a game, thats cool story bro. I like it, but I don't seem to personally hold up the game as the gold standard either.

meanwhile CDPR getting cussed out cause they don't have a patch in 7 to 10 days on twitter cause it is day 8.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Meredith Stout, likely middle management corpo, has a lie detector device that appears to be simple enough for a beefy guard to use.

You never get one. Takemura doesn't use one on you. Hanako doesn't use one on you. Saburo doesn't use one on Johnny. Stout doesn't even appear to have used it on Gilchrist.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Axe-man posted:

meanwhile CDPR getting cussed out cause they don't have a patch in 7 to 10 days on twitter cause it is day 8.

Last month the patch was supposed to be on the 14th, so by some metrics it's 6 days late

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Simone Magus posted:

Last month the patch was supposed to be on the 14th, so by some metrics it's 6 days late

Rushing to hit arbitrary release dates worked so well for them before.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

sean10mm posted:

Rushing to hit arbitrary release dates worked so well for them before.

I'm not saying they should have rushed, but maaaaaaaaaybe they should know by now to stop giving hard dates

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

you feelin fucky posted:

Did you somehow miss the mission where you're pretending to be a militech arms merchant selling a combat drone to arasaka? Of all the broken things in this game that is not one of them.

It's the same model that in another location has arasaka as the production company. Also since there are only four models of mechs in the game anyways. Things are so bad in this game you can't tell what's a bug, what's the lore item and what's something you just missed.

By lore reasons, for all arasaka cares you could be selling corp secrets which would make more sense as to how tbug managed to set you up with that meeting. Also if we are talking about lore reasons, don't arasaka only use arasaka items? Why would a corp use mechs from their rival company they went to war with to guard an important area? Or why would night corp use miltech arms and mechs when they just had to fight off an attempt to be overtaken by the NUSA with miltech as the proxy?

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 20, 2021

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Axe-man posted:

It doesn't help some people really seem to hate on this game like it personally killed their parents. I get you don't like a game, thats cool story bro. I like it, but I don't seem to personally hold up the game as the gold standard either.

I think the people who consumed all the prerelease media are the only ones screaming about lies and broken promises. A lot of people knew that a game called Cyberpunk 2077 was coming out, it was an FPS-RPG, AAA and fully voiced, and that it was by the CDPR, and that was enough to give it a try. The game seems to deliver on that, besides the bugs. It's not a revolutionary game with crazy mechanical or technological depth, it's just another video game.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jerusalem posted:

Ahh man, now I feel bad. I didn't so much as side against her as I got curious about the shard she gave me and ended up wiping the tracking software off of it, and it kind of drew me down a path where the other guy ended up on top despite clearly being guilty.
Yeah I wasn't really a fan of how I couldn't lie about the bug being there if I sniffed it out, without a requisite body check (??) Only way to go Meredith's way in my playthrough was not to hack the shard

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
I beat the game twice and am just patiently waiting for future DLC

Loved the game despite the flaws.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Infinite Karma posted:

I think the people who consumed all the prerelease media are the only ones screaming about lies and broken promises. A lot of people knew that a game called Cyberpunk 2077 was coming out, it was an FPS-RPG, AAA and fully voiced, and that it was by the CDPR, and that was enough to give it a try. The game seems to deliver on that, besides the bugs. It's not a revolutionary game with crazy mechanical or technological depth, it's just another video game.
or ya know, if you played it on a base PS4

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I still want to be able to just talk to people.

The world is full of characters and cool as hell setpieces and all they do is tell me to gently caress off, or else go full aggro when I get too close.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Tall Tale Teller posted:

The world is full of characters and cool as hell setpieces and all they do is tell me to gently caress off, or else go full aggro when I get too close.

I just wish more of the bars and clubs were open. It's really stupid to have clubs with big OPEN signs that you can't hang out in

I doubt they'll fix that :(

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Simone Magus posted:

I just wish more of the bars and clubs were open. It's really stupid to have clubs with big OPEN signs that you can't hang out in

I doubt they'll fix that :(

When I ask Claire for a drink please don't bring up the trader screen.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Tall Tale Teller posted:

So wait how is this different from real life?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
They made a commemorative place out of the Arasaka ruins. I didn't even spot it when I played. Only saw this because of a Youtube video.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think it’s possible that the largest faction is probably “the game has promise and I enjoyed it but it launched on base consoles in an unforgivably broken state”

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Brain Candy posted:

When I ask Claire for a drink please don't bring up the trader screen.

Can't even get a Jackie Welles, smdh

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
After I did claires missions she was deleted from my phone for some reason. Maybe it is a bug, but god drat, she done me wrong :mad:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Axe-man posted:

After I did claires missions she was deleted from my phone for some reason. Maybe it is a bug, but god drat, she done me wrong :mad:

Claire is pretty harsh after I finished the last race I was like 'hey want to race again some time' and she was like 'No, V. I was just using you.' and, I think, that's the last thing she said to me in the game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Dog Kisser posted:

Claire is pretty harsh after I finished the last race I was like 'hey want to race again some time' and she was like 'No, V. I was just using you.' and, I think, that's the last thing she said to me in the game.

That's the game's True Ending

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

She called me one more time to say no hard feelings and gave me car, because I did not turn Pollyanna about some corpo scum and did the job I was paid for.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh yeah, I put a Bullet in the guys head after she did. Of course, gently caress the corps.

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

This sucks CSG, but there are lots of folks ITT who like the game, warts and all, and enjoyed it.

LMAO, this might not mean anything to you, but I liked this game so much I bought the TTRPG book AND 2077 lore book! I haven’t read a book for fun in god knows how long, but now I’m playing RED, watching cyberpunk movies and music, it’s been awesome. If nothing else, you’re writing style in this game and the lore has really connected to me. I’m excited to see whatever else you work on.

:same:

God drat do I love [C/c]yberpunk.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009

ughhhh posted:

It's the same model that in another location has arasaka as the production company. Also since there are only four models of mechs in the game anyways. Things are so bad in this game you can't tell what's a bug, what's the lore item and what's something you just missed.

By lore reasons, for all arasaka cares you could be selling corp secrets which would make more sense as to how tbug managed to set you up with that meeting. Also if we are talking about lore reasons, don't arasaka only use arasaka items? Why would a corp use mechs from their rival company they went to war with to guard an important area? Or why would night corp use miltech arms and mechs when they just had to fight off an attempt to be overtaken by the NUSA with miltech as the proxy?

I once went to an air force base that had a saab draken, a messerschmitt and a mig-17 and all proudly rocking a swastika. They had hornets in active service too but decided not to grace those with white power symbols for now. Instead they just wave swastika flags in front of them for photo-ops. Sometimes these things just kind of, happen...

But yeah it who knows really. My favorite 'is this intended or a bug' thing is cyberpunk is a male npc model wearing a bra I came across somewhere.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Last night I went and did the raid at Arasaka Industrial Park to hack the float and get the feline bait, had to restart a couple times because I didn't want a shoot out for that mission, left the plant and got halfway to my next gig and then realized I forgot the cat food.

Just like going to the grocery store.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Dog Kisser posted:

Honestly, the feeling I was left with after her missions, is that Claire is a massive tool. "Oh, hi Nomad V! I see you brought your Nomad car for the race in the Nomads' back yard! Ready for the race? Cool! Oh, but I'll only ride in this flubber-brick piece of poo poo car of mine, which is obviously the worst loving choice. Have fun bouncing all over California, while I pointlessly plink my gun out the window like some inbred yahoo."

No, I'm not bitter.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Just did the Dream On quest. Man, this reminded me in a good way of Nowhere Man and the fact that I haven't thought of that show in 20 years. I'm sure it doesn't hold up in any way.. structurally or contentwise.

I also love how the main narrative also occasionally questions whether or not V is doing the things V does, or if it is Johnny creeping in.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Next time she needs a friend, she can just delete V's contact. Also, never drove her crap truck again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Splorange posted:

I also love how the main narrative also occasionally questions whether or not V is doing the things V does, or if it is Johnny creeping in.

That line blurred well into act 2 :ssh: