Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Holy poo poo that's real http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/about/equinehardship.htm

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Just classify yourself as a horse, problem solved.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

dead horses would be a pr disaster, can you imagine

number of federal or provincial governments that survived a dead horse scandal: 0

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

pokeyman posted:

dead horses would be a pr disaster, can you imagine

number of federal or provincial governments that survived a dead horse scandal: 0
Jason Nixon (currently Alberta's minister of environment and parks) would disagree:

https://twitter.com/BertaAdvantage/status/1219382990469361664?s=20

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

universal horsecare

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Albino Squirrel posted:

Jason Nixon (currently Alberta's minister of environment and parks) would disagree:

https://twitter.com/BertaAdvantage/status/1219382990469361664?s=20

it was poaching that finally did in derek fildebrandt. Not scamming the taxpayers, not lying to the public, not doing a hit and run, but shooting a deer on someone's farm. So I guess its 50/50 in alberta if shootin' animals is a career ender

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

just realized that dereks fildebrandt and sloan had been occupying the same "dipshit derek" slot in my brain. they're in luck though there's room for two

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://twitter.com/kristynwongtam/status/1351617288642961408

folks,

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
"House fire is almost out again, let's celebrate by having a modest gasoline fight!" - the government of Manitoba, apparently.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

EvilJoven posted:

"House fire is almost out again, let's celebrate by having a modest gasoline fight!"

:kiss:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

"House fire is almost out again, let's celebrate by having a modest gasoline fight!" - the government of Manitoba, apparently.

They are only talking about MAYBE loosening things up...

Pallister will do the brief on friday won't he

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

A Russian troll farm posted:

universal horsecare

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

They are only talking about MAYBE loosening things up...

Pallister will do the brief on friday won't he

This is Pallister we're talking about. I'm honestly surprised he waited two whole weeks on reopening the altars to Mammon and Moloch and offering up more sacrifices to Grandfather Nurgle.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUX_ip-7EU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/Toomba22/status/1351551791654080515

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Lmao

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

:mods: why don't we get a new thread?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why do we need a new thread?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

infernal machines posted:

why do we need a new thread?

We now live in a post-trump age

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

we're still in a golden age of Trudeau's Christmas beard though

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

same meme as above except Canada posters wanting in on current events

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

We now live in a post-trump age

it may be a surprise to some, but in theory canada is a sovereign nation, and not a us protectorate

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
i think the forums break as threads get close to 1k pages and I don’t think we have enough left to contain all the lulz when Biden officially kills Keystone XL.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

it may be a surprise to some, but in theory canada is a sovereign nation, and not a us protectorate

:mods:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

anyway, what does it matter? i assume c-spam will be closed now that there's no longer any reason to post hilarious misspellings of trump several times a minute

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
We also have a lot to say about Biden, we call it the succ zone

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Lol, I’m pretty sure Jason Kenny thinks the “B” in “Plan B” stands for bitumen.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ARACHTION posted:

Lol, I’m pretty sure Jason Kenny thinks the “B” in “Plan B” stands for bitumen.

i'm pretty sure you could fly a 747 through the gap between the halves of kenney's brain

dude's so loving pissed and he's desperately scrambling to give the appearance of doing literally anything because the project is hosed, there's no legal remedy in the world that'll let him restart this pipeline

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
hes now said that trudeau should level economic sanctions against the united states

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

anyway, what does it matter? i assume c-spam will be closed now that there's no longer any reason to post hilarious misspellings of trump several times a minute

tredaou

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

vyelkin posted:

hes now said that trudeau should level economic sanctions against the united states

Man if Trudeau just came out and said "gently caress Jason Kenney, he's always been an rear end in a top hat to me," I'd probably vote for him.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Another Bill posted:

Man if Trudeau just came out and said "gently caress Jason Kenney, he's always been an rear end in a top hat to me," I'd probably vote for him.

he'd get mine if he pointed to alberta on a map and explained that Jason Kenney wrote the current equalization payments that every albertan whines about

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Resign, Kenney you fat bitch

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
lets be real, nobody is ever loving jason kenney

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
Kenney's odds of re election probably went up today lol

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh man, how's that "Constantly double down on arguably the worst resource in the world" doing for ya, Kenny?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

sleep with the vicious posted:

Kenney's odds of re election probably went up today lol

he's doing a good job feeding his base the poison they love lapping up but the province's economic prospects are just gonna get worse and worse from this point on. no one with even a lick of sense is gonna try to build anything on the scale of keystone or transmountain again, and that lack of infrastructure will scare off future oilsands investors. the world's shifting away from fossil fuels as it is (though at an admittedly much slower rate than is needed), and the first thing investors are gonna ditch is the tiny sandspit province with no pipelines digging unbelievably ugly crude from the ground

kenney is panicking right now because he knows this, and he knows that his career prospects are only gonna go down the tubes from this point on. this kind of revanchism will buy him some time but i don't think he's the kind of guy that can keep it pinwheeling into the future

Vermain has issued a correction as of 03:19 on Jan 21, 2021

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Randalor posted:

Oh man, how's that "Constantly double down on arguably the worst resource in the world" doing for ya, Kenny?

you haven't lost until you stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vermain posted:

he's doing a good job feeding his base the poison they love lapping up but the province's economic prospects are just gonna get worse and worse from this point on. no one with even a lick of sense is gonna try to build anything on the scale of keystone or transmountain again, and that lack of infrastructure will scare off future oilsands investors. the world's shifting away from fossil fuels as it is (though at an admittedly much slower rate than is needed), and the first thing investors are gonna ditch is the tiny sandspit province with no pipelines digging unbelievably ugly crude from the ground

kenney is panicking right now because he knows this, and he knows that his career prospects are only gonna go down the tubes from this point on. this kind of revanchism will buy him some time but i don't think he's the kind of guy that can keep it pinwheeling into the future

you don't need to solve economic problems to win elections by doubling down on a popular losing strategy, just look at the maritimes