Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Getting bent out of shape because people are poo poo talking putin. Just lmao at what an insanely bitch made move that is

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

EorayMel posted:

How much ice cream does putin eat in his palace?????????????

Drumsticks are my favorite premade ice cream cones.

Maybe this Putin guy isn't so bad.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

the rumors of putin leaving office early due to parkinsons made me feel sympathy for him for a moment, but thankfully navalny snapped me out of it! eat poo poo putin

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mr Havafap posted:

I like the tunnel to the beach most, but I can't figure out how the gigantic blast door is supposed to work, it almost looks like a drawer complete with a rocky facade?

I think it is just a trompe loeil thing, where if you were on a boat or plane that was respecting the no-fly zone it'd look like a flat cliff.

If that whole thing could move that'd be nuts, but I can't see any reason to do that. The beach entrance isn't where you'd put the safehouse and secret escape rocket.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

Klyith posted:

I think it is just a trompe loeil thing, where if you were on a boat or plane that was respecting the no-fly zone it'd look like a flat cliff.

If that whole thing could move that'd be nuts, but I can't see any reason to do that. The beach entrance isn't where you'd put the safehouse and secret escape rocket.

It could be where his private ekranoplan is berthed though

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Julius CSAR posted:

Getting bent out of shape because people are poo poo talking putin. Just lmao at what an insanely bitch made move that is
guy is definitely the FSB agent who spent 49min talking to Navalny before getting the Russian equivalent of BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY HOWARD STERN'S PENIS

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

amazing that he pulled a sochi on his own palace. old habits die hard, what a guy

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Putin's definitely a bad dude but it seemed like he was good for Russia, atleast for a while. I'm not sure if he's continuing to improve living conditions there though or what would happen if he left office.
This Navalny fellow might make some good points that are applicable to a greater or lesser extent to all countries but I heard he's a turbo racist.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Weka posted:

Putin's definitely a bad dude but it seemed like he was good for Russia, atleast for a while. I'm not sure if he's continuing to improve living conditions there though or what would happen if he left office.

Steadily rising oil prices for the first 15 years of his rule were good for Russians.

A good leader could have used that massive inflow of wealth to improve the country. Putin used it to enrich his cronies (whereupon the money flowed right back out of russia, into western banks and london real estate), and to make his whacko attempt at Cold War 2: This Time It's Personal.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
Putin was great unless you were gay or really any other type of minority or have a disability.

and by great I mean

Klyith posted:

Steadily rising oil prices for the first 15 years of his rule were good for Russians.

A good leader could have used that massive inflow of wealth to improve the country. Putin used it to enrich his cronies (whereupon the money flowed right back out of russia, into western banks and london real estate), and to make his whacko attempt at Cold War 2: This Time It's Personal.

Yeah...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Can you believe it that Putin has singlehandedly destroyed US democracy and ran the country for 4 years?!? Those dastardly rooskies are full of racial guile and hate the western way of life, something ought to be done about that!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Weka posted:

This Navalny fellow might make some good points that are applicable to a greater or lesser extent to all countries but I heard he's a turbo racist.

putin is just a competent trump

Scald
May 5, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 26 years!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Swank.

I wish I could have grown up to be a super villain instead of a guy who lives on the internet :smith:

Meme Poker Party posted:

It's never too late to go after your dreams.

right?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I like the hockey rink

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

zaepg posted:

I think we should invade and convert them to a more American way of life.

Lol at making like 5 posts of this poo poo when you know drat well that Russia is one of the 3-4 countries the US is literally incapable of invading, ever, and is currently one of the few other countries in the world capable of subjecting smaller/weaker countries to its own brand of imperialism.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

I wonder how many pairs of giant chicken legs that place needs to get around.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Weka posted:

navalny is a straight up neo nazi lol

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Mr Havafap posted:

So Navalny is arrested upon his return to Russia which seems to be the cue for his team to release a two hour inquiry/documentary on Putin's Palace.
It would seem Russia's unimpeachable president for life has a little side project going when he's not restituting the motherland to its rightful place on the world stage.
I never figured Putin as motivated by wealth or being a money grabber, it turns out I'm right: he just really likes to spend it!

Youtube, timecoded for the part where they start the aerial view of the complex, English subtitles available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipAnwilMncI&t=1840s

What impact will this revelation have on the political landscape?
According to Russian pundits, absolutely none lol.

Yes but DID YOU KNOW the US has rich people too therefore Russia is a bastion of freedom and equality. death to america, yes I'll take my roubles in cash now please alexi

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Is there a meaningful difference between us and russia anymore? Both are crumbling poo poo holes and Putin has been running both for the last 5 years apparently

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

navalny is a straight up neo nazi lol

cite sources please

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mozi posted:

cite sources please

are the FT and guardian good enough for you?

https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1350980852637949954?s=20

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Havafap posted:

What impact will this revelation have on the political landscape?
According to Russian pundits, absolutely none lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-E2LswmGk

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
how does he keep winning?

https://twitter.com/ph4nboy/status/1314832550993571840

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh I see you there Vladimir, throwing shade.
:nyd:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bored at work, decided to google maps it: https://goo.gl/maps/kfLYhdUqK9KzLdJHA

Also managed to find this weird 360 image of an 'aqua discotheque' there: https://goo.gl/maps/w7H9ibWLpTp3huXq9

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i see some unsourced screenshots of an opinion page someone wrote that contradicts what navlany himself says in his speeches

did you get this from jimmy dore or something?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mozi posted:

i see some unsourced screenshots of an opinion page someone wrote that contradicts what navlany himself says in his speeches

heres the FT article with him https://www.ft.com/content/c3adf28c-07d0-11ea-a984-fbbacad9e7dd

here's the loving video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVNJiO10SWw

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mozi posted:

Navalny is at the very least a nationalist who is playing to russian xenophobia to remain popular and not get branded as a tool of the west, he's not a liberal by any western standard. If he was a US politician he'd be a sucky option. But all the liberals anti-putin people got jailed or killed already.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is there a meaningful difference between us and russia anymore? Both are crumbling poo poo holes and Putin has been running both for the last 5 years apparently

Well gay people can marry here instead of getting put in prison.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I mean at the end of the day, Navalny is almost certainly never going to rule Russia or meaningfully direct its politics, if he puts his energy towards pissing off Putin and making him look bad that's at least somethign which isn't actively bad he might have done otherwise given what his views and politics seem to be.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Well gay people can marry here instead of getting put in prison.

:doh: poo poo you got me there

Too bad about everything else tho lol

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
The bar is fairly low these days when it comes to world leaders. Yeah he's a Bond villain but at least he hasn't nuked anyone.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo

Sucrose posted:

The few other countries in the world capable of subjecting smaller/weaker countries to its own brand of imperialism.

But America does this. Except we're not small or weak in the global scene so our influences are greater, and heavily coated in false promises and good well-doing, that ultimately turn out to be bad.

The difference, I see. Between us and Russia is Russia accepts corruption. However in America we tend to call corruption as it is and try and prevent it. We took out the Indians when they didn't see our way of life, we took out the South during the Civil war, we took out Trump when we didn't like him. Corruption doesn't go away when you try to silence it, it only grows worse. And my stance, is the longer we try and silence corruption the larger the corruption will be when it takes hold. It's a ticking time bomb. America isn't a utopia. And freedom isn't free. You can see that as a good thing or bad thing. But 50% of the country who generally swings conservative hasn't gone away since our founding fathers and I doubt it's going anywhere soon. At worse they're growing more angry, more restless, and more pissed off for being called the bad guy everyday.

:shrek:

zaepg fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 21, 2021

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

What is your point, OP? Cause it sounds like you are defending a literal tyrant with some whataboutism. Two things can be bad at once and not everyone in America is personally responsible for America’s historical actions, so why are you on this high horse of “he who is without sins should cast the first stone”? Just shut the gently caress up and let people laugh at the despot’s moldy seaside villa

E. Also, Putin literally is attempting to kill and imprison his domestic political opponents. That’s another difference.

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 21, 2021

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

zaepg posted:

But America

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If i had to, really really had to invite one of them to dinner, i'd probably choose putin over pol pot.

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
Well that was painful. Thanks?

Klyith posted:

Navalny is at the very least a nationalist who is playing to russian xenophobia to remain popular and not get branded as a tool of the west, he's not a liberal by any western standard. If he was a US politician he'd be a sucky option. But all the liberals anti-putin people got jailed or killed already.

Ah. I haven't followed Navalny closely but the little I've watched has a fast and loose quality about it, I get the feel he's cutting more corners than an escape in GTA V. Reminds me of Michael Moore in that he's playing it up for effect when the material he's sitting on would be truly explosive if he treated it seriously.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Randarkman posted:

I mean at the end of the day, Navalny is almost certainly never going to rule Russia or meaningfully direct its politics, if he puts his energy towards pissing off Putin and making him look bad that's at least somethign which isn't actively bad he might have done otherwise given what his views and politics seem to be.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

I wonder how rich Putin really is. Is he actually secretly richer than Elon Musk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Julius CSAR posted:

Not sure how you got that from that post.

I love to Lol at any word leader and also to imagine building a gigantic palace (without an ice rink or mold)