Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Birthday Party 17 29.31%
Legit vs Penelope 6 10.34%
Hardy Party vs Top Flight and Sydal 11 18.97%
Inner Circle Tag 24 41.38%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MJeff posted:

Hey, anybody who watches AEW on the TNT app, does it come with ads? Can you just fast forward through them or does it make you watch?

Putting it on my laptop right now, I do not seem to be able to skip past the ads once the ad is playing

However: it seems if you're quick on the button, you can jump ahead before the ad starts playing, but once it does ... hope you like Snowpiercer ads

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

The TNT app (or maybe it was tntdrama.com) used to not show PiP, but that was months ago so maybe it is fixed

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MJeff posted:

Hey, anybody who watches AEW on the TNT app, does it come with ads? Can you just fast forward through them or does it make you watch?

Have to watch ads. A timer counts down to when you it will go back to AEW. If it’s live, the countdown may end but because the network is still in commercial break, you’ll be looking at nothing for a bit.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

For all the hand wringers.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

That's good to hear. Makes me think that at whatever point he wants to go back to just doing kid stuff, they'll be supportive in that too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

For all the hand wringers.

This is one of the most wholesome things I've seen in a long time :3:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Also to sell them toys AEW needs more kid friendly segments where children can relate to them. WWE still has a large audience of children and sell lots of toys, you can’t solely sell “collectibles” to grown rear end men and be a major company.

Not to imply this is their motivation with Brody Jr. they obviously are doing this out of love for his family I’m just saying it’s a positive by product of these segments.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

It is a bit amusing that AEW got 854,000 for a show featuring Dr Luther, Peter Avalon, Nick Comoroto, and Leyla Hirsch. While it was a fun card top to bottom it was anything but a stacked card

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Lamuella posted:

It is a bit amusing that AEW got 854,000 for a show featuring Dr Luther, Peter Avalon, Nick Comoroto, and Leyla Hirsch. While it was a fun card top to bottom it was anything but a stacked card

Who are you to doubt Leyla Hirsch?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This No One Audience Watches Watches Me Me

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anybody have a text free version of this image? Cant find one.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

This No One Audience Watches Watches Me Me

lol

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

rotinaj posted:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

whats up with rickys right arm

Lamuella posted:

looks like a good card to me op

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
anyone else feel like Private Party are taking the Impact titles?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

graph posted:

whats up with rickys right arm

it looks normal to me? Is the wristband throwing you off maybe?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Diplomat posted:

Spotted in Orlando today. I'd assume everything stays in Jacksonville, so I wonder what's being transported.

weird that they spoiled the women's tournament finals like this, but ok

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

smarxist posted:

anyone else feel like Private Party are taking the Impact titles?

I think it is too early for the Good Brothers to drop a fall in the context of this angle, but it also feels like the AEW and TNA halves of the angle are separate enough to not really matter if you beat the Good Brothers on one show while keeping them working on Dynamite.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

IcePhoenix posted:

it looks normal to me? Is the wristband throwing you off maybe?

ah it is a wristband :)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Anybody remember when Cody announced The Gunn Club and Lee Johnson were part of the Nightmare Family? Why are Dustin and QT scouting for more members when those members haven't done anything?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
shotty lee and gum club have been on dark a lot

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

Especially the demo rating. Before Winter is Coming they were doing pretty steady .3-.32s so a .36 is a small, but notable increase over where they were before a month of big shows and crazy news that skewed ratings both ways.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i would be incredibly surprised if the brothers dropped their titles to private party. the only non-impact team i can see taking them is the bucks, personally.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I think it is too early for the Good Brothers to drop a fall in the context of this angle, but it also feels like the AEW and TNA halves of the angle are separate enough to not really matter if you beat the Good Brothers on one show while keeping them working on Dynamite.

I think the play is having MCMG interrupt the title bout and beat Private Party.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Guillermus posted:

This is one of the most wholesome things I've seen in a long time :3:

there was also another kid there last night that AEW did a lot for, from the mom's description:

quote:

Unfortunately my son (who is Autistic) was bullied, kicked, and stabbed at his school last year. Bad enough and with no support from his school at the time we had to move. If we wasn't running away from the other kid, I dunno what the outcome would have been. He was wearing a wrestling t-shirt that got destroyed during the attack and the wrestling community found out. There has been nothing but love for him since, the community went over the top to show him love and kindness.

AEW supports anti bullying, and from day 1 of the company has always supported Autism, Autism Awareness and the whole community! AEW goes out of it's way to have supports in place for all of its fans, those with and without disabilities. All sports franchises need to follow what the Kahn's have put in place! You can tell, as a parent of an Autistic son, when companies "fake it". AEW, Daily's Place, Jaguars, Cody, the Front Office, the employees - especially the media and social media team, the ticket office, and all the wrestlers care. Truly care.
What AEW did, they did because they cared. They did not have to, they made last night so special for my family. No one pressured them into doing anything. No cameras around, no media, they got nothing out of it. Except they did get something, respect and love and lifetime fans. Cody spent time after the show, he knew my sons story and name, he made time for my daughter, who loves him.

They moved the family to front row seats, and Cody went down and spent some time with them:

and gave them a bunch of swag including a turnbuckle pad signed by the Dark Order and a weight belt signed by Cody

(this all from a reddit thread at https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/comments/l1xsn6/kids_got_swag_last_night_dynamite_dark_order_with/)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Cody saw how tall he is and is recruiting him for the Nightmare Factory. (In all seriousness both of those stories are very nice and I teared up.)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the people at AEW seem like a swell group of folks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

the people at AEW seem like a swell group of folks

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

StarkRavingMad posted:

there was also another kid there last night that AEW did a lot for, from the mom's description:

They moved the family to front row seats, and Cody went down and spent some time with them:

and gave them a bunch of swag including a turnbuckle pad signed by the Dark Order and a weight belt signed by Cody

(this all from a reddit thread at https://www.reddit.com/r/AEWOfficial/comments/l1xsn6/kids_got_swag_last_night_dynamite_dark_order_with/)

I saw this on twitter and it's amazing that -1 signed it too :3:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
-1 is a draw brother

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cheers! Appreciate it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

karmicknight posted:

Yeah, I can't see Good Brothers dropping the belts...

...what I can see is Matt forcing them to throw the match because THE TRUTH IS THE TRUTH and there's some friction, but then come Revolution, Good Brothers pay it back by making the Bucks lose and then we get Ultra Heel Private Party that TK also hates since he threw Hardy Party at Impact specifically to mess with them, not join them.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hcRbeMOeMM&t=25s

jokes that aged poorly

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

rotinaj posted:

This is absolutely perfect as an Eric Andre Show parody too.

Also was the Sammy Hagar shout-out literally a Cameo video?

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

harperdc posted:

Also was the Sammy Hagar shout-out literally a Cameo video?

When I looked into it during the show it didn't look like Sammy Hagar was on Cameo for it, but also I'm not super proficient at finding people on Cameo (or if there are non-Cameo versions) to be certain.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Wouldn’t be the first time AEW bought a Cameo for a bit. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Jericho and Hagar were buddies though either.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I need to start making Go Big Show GDTs at like 5 oclock because I forgot all about it when someone called me at 8. I wonder how big everyone went.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Sammy Hagar regularly calls in to Jericho's podcast, so there's your connection

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I know its many pages back but just a reminder that cody has lost 4 singles matches total in the history of aew, one was the towel throw, and mjf cheated pretty hardcore to win. If you add tag matches it gets a bit more even, but hes very rarely the pinfall victim. It's fair to say that he helps people look good but to say he loses a lot is a bit far imo.

Not saying I think he sucks or anything, but you cant boil hin down to going even with people in terms of pinfalls. He wins a lot, and his record is obviously pretty padded by that first tnt title run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i would not call him losing to brodie lee as equal to him going over warhorse, especially when the conversation was about people being afraid he'd always put himself over whenever possible