Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

demo has raytracing :eyepop:

cool, I will finally test whether my console is trash tier or god tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

shinra tower owns

the highway section afterward is maybe the portion that couldve been cut before the big plot reveal and kickass ending

also all the sidequest portions were good

I absolutely loved what they did with the Motorball fight, rather than make you stop and putter around in a stationary battle they just doubled down on the high-speed motorcycle poo poo that the taught you the mechanics for back in chapter 4. That fight was wild and highly suspenseful.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

goongrats to those who joined the piss5 club today. for those who missed out: your time is coming! :blastu:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Does it have raytracing?? :shrug: there's probably a prestige tour part I missed gonna finish later

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

welp guess I'm not starting Hitman 3 tonight

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Wonder if there’s a thing you can do or a hidden item that carries over to the full game. I kinda blazed through it once I got out of the cellar.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I was able to get the RE8 demo to download from the PS5 menu, but couldn't get it to start from a pc/phone browser.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Not a Children posted:

Snagged a PS5 from the walmart link earlier, thanks Rolo for those direct-to-cart links - worked like a charm on the 3:20 drop.

I’m glad they worked for someone!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

cool, I will finally test whether my console is trash tier or god tier

Hitman 3 has raytracing it looks like.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Augus posted:

welp guess I'm not starting Hitman 3 tonight

Yeah you are, the RE demo is super short. (Good though. Giant vampire lady. :swoon:)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I am totally left cold by Demon's Souls. Am I broken, goons?

Maybe a little? But that's okay.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Firstborn posted:

Does it have raytracing?? :shrug: there's probably a prestige tour part I missed gonna finish later

yeah it has it, stuble tho. i agree with what you said in the other post tho, feels very re7, tech wise rather than a straight up ps5 game. not a bad thing but im wondering if that means 4k60 rt at least. but yeah this will run and look great on ps4, just like 7. makes me wonder if its getting vr support now on ps4...

that said... late gen ps5 games gonna look :eyepop:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
So can I go ahead and sell my PS4 if the 5 is on the way? I don’t need it to transfer anything, right? Just log in on the new one and go?

That’s right I’m old and don’t know what I’m doing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rolo posted:

So can I go ahead and sell my PS4 if the 5 is on the way? I don’t need it to transfer anything, right? Just log in on the new one and go?

That’s right I’m old and don’t know what I’m doing.

You'll need the saves

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You will need you copy of Spider-Man if you intend to move your save to the Remaster.

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Well that was a pretty good demo. I gotta say though something about the graphics is making me feel sick.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You'll need the saves

Unless you got PS+ and back them up to the cloud. In that case you can just re-download them on your PS5 if you don't feel like running an ethernet cable (or wifi) between the two consoles. I basically just pulled my screenshots off the PS4, plugged my external HDD into the PS5 and then sold it the day after I got my PS5 since I had everything backed up. It was surprisingly painless.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Geo Fixer posted:

Well that was a pretty good demo. I gotta say though something about the graphics is making me feel sick.

probably the head bob. It's pretty pronounced.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Casnorf posted:

Yes it does.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
Played the Maiden demo. It was cool but short, not much to it. I'm looking forward to the game but this didn't make my anticipation grow in intensity at all.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

univbee posted:

Yes it does.

I was marveling at the planters out front in Paris; they're polished granite and reflect the trees.

And I was just dinking around in Mumbai and the painted concrete in the tower reflects different when there's a tarp or water on it. Some of the use just sells the sense of place and I love it.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

caldrax posted:

Played the Maiden demo. It was cool but short, not much to it. I'm looking forward to the game but this didn't make my anticipation grow in intensity at all.

i bet something else grew tho

Handsome Wife
Feb 17, 2001

Casnorf posted:

It's actually not ray-tracing, it's "render-to-texture," which I guess is where they just render the scene a second time and project it onto the flat surface? It's really nice-looking either way.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2021-hitman-3-tech-review posted:

All of this is achieved by building upon the existing Glacier tech, so SSR is bolstered with pleasing cubemaps (static light probes with textured surfaces that can be used to mimic reflections) along with the render-to-texture feature that debuted in Hitman 2. Here, the scene is effectively rendered twice, the secondary viewpoint mapped to a texture to deliver a 'proper' reflection. It's heavy on resources, it needs to be applied sparingly and typically it only works on flat, mirror-like surfaces - but crucially, it looks good. In time we'd hope to see full ray tracing alternatives, but for now, it does the trick - and it works on all supported consoles.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Rinkles posted:

can't get it download from the pc store. "something" keeps going "wrong"

I signed out then back in and it worked. Had the same error.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Soysaucebeast posted:

Unless you got PS+ and back them up to the cloud. In that case you can just re-download them on your PS5 if you don't feel like running an ethernet cable (or wifi) between the two consoles. I basically just pulled my screenshots off the PS4, plugged my external HDD into the PS5 and then sold it the day after I got my PS5 since I had everything backed up. It was surprisingly painless.

Some games (like Miles Morales or Borderlands 3) require you to upload your PS4-based saves/profiles via the game itself to use it on PS5.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 22, 2021

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Anyone spent much time doing remote play from their PS5 on their phone? Seeing some reviews for this Backbone controller thing that look promising. Wish there was a good controller for the Android, but I'd use that when watching some dumb show with the wife.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Imagine if Sony had some sort of handheld device, already designed for playing games, you could use to remote play on....

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This HBO max update broke HBO for me. Wonderful.

How are these fools so bad at making apps?

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Sakurazuka posted:

Imagine if Sony had some sort of handheld device, already designed for playing games, you could use to remote play on....

For real though, the Vita already has many of the features of the ps5 controller already.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

veni veni veni posted:

This HBO max update broke HBO for me. Wonderful.

How are these fools so bad at making apps?

This happens on every hbo max app. My login has been broken on every device I have an hbo max app on multiple times

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I loved the psp

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Chad Sexington posted:

Anyone spent much time doing remote play from their PS5 on their phone? Seeing some reviews for this Backbone controller thing that look promising. Wish there was a good controller for the Android, but I'd use that when watching some dumb show with the wife.

You can use a Dualshock 4 and a generic phone mount too, works great.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Chad Sexington posted:

Outside of specific controllers designed for specific Chinese mobile phones (i.e. Xiaomi Black Shark, ASUS ROG Phone) your best bet would probably be the Razer Kishi. Microsoft is promoting it pretty hard these days as a thing you should buy for Game Pass on your phone.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How's that 8bitdo Xbox Game Pass mobile controller?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I just bought a Backbone 1 and it kicks rear end for remote play but the sticks are Switch sized

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

univbee posted:

Yes it does.

See how the person on the right isn't blocking the highlight? It's not raytraced.

Funnily enough - that highlight blocking (specular occlusion) is something nobody had figured out before raytracing, but spiderman on the ps4 has full, clean specular occlusion - where people & objects block highlights from showing up where they shouldn't. I was loving blown away when I noticed and as far as I know, no other game has it.
It's a bigger step towards the raytracing look than actual raytracing.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Casnorf posted:

i bet something else grew tho

Yes... that lady's fingers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

veni veni veni posted:

probably the head bob. It's pretty pronounced.

Excessive head bob is one of those video gamey things I don't get, because human anatomy has evolved for millions of years to keep your head perfectly level while running.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exquisite tea posted:

Excessive head bob is one of those video gamey things I don't get, because human anatomy has evolved for millions of years to keep your head perfectly level while running.

these games are set in alternative timelines where evolution works differently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's a replacement for the kinesthetic experience of feeling yourself move as you walk or run. Without at least a mild headbob, first-person games feel a lot more like you're weightlessly gliding around on a skateboard than like you're walking or running.