Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

How? How is this a heel promo? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vagabundo posted:

How? How is this a heel promo? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

Remember, Vince McMahon believed with all his heart that people would see CM Punk's pipebomb promo and think he was a bad guy.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I didn't watch the promo but from the reactions it seems like the comment about confidence being a heel trait is spot on. Caring about wins and losses is a heel trait, too. As is being friends with your tag partner.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's funny, because as that text is written, I could maaaaaaaayyyyyyybbbbeee see that as the start of a cocky heel thing like they did with the Kenny Omega build before he fully turned. But as it's performed, there's not even a hint of cocky heel. It would be hilarious if someone told them to write it as a heel promo, but whoever was directing the segment just didn't care enough that they were acting like babyfaces.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdgUBqwrMM

feel the hatred and evil spewing from them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince McMahon presents his top 5 great heel turns in history:

5. The Choctaw Tribe donating money to help sufferers during the Irish Famine.
4. The Christmas Truce of World War I.
3. Cincinnatus giving up ultimate power as a dictator the very second he had successfully fought off an invasion.
2. Hachikō waiting faithfully for his owner to come home.
1. Jesus Christ choosing to die in order to wash clean the the sins of all humanity.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdgUBqwrMM

feel the hatred and evil spewing from them

Ayup, those are certainly heels. I can see them winning with a roll-up next week and the announcers talking about how excesdively violent they are in Owen-voice while they celebrate like this again.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Jerusalem posted:

Vince McMahon presents his top 5 great heel turns in history:

5. The Choctaw Tribe donating money to help sufferers during the Irish Famine.
4. The Christmas Truce of World War I.
3. Cincinnatus giving up ultimate power as a dictator the very second he had successfully fought off an invasion.
2. Hachikō waiting faithfully for his owner to come home.
1. Jesus Christ choosing to die in order to wash clean the the sins of all humanity.

Fitz McMahon put himself over god in a tagteam match

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Who can complete that Sub-Zero platformer fastest

I saw a tool assisted speed run of that game and I swear the sewer level was still like 10 minutes long if you don't get lost and do the most optimal strats frame perfectly. Only cool part of that entire run was reaching platforms you're not supposed to by making enemies uppercut you up to them.

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan spent so long stressing that what he heard was beyond belief and crazy that I figured no matter what he said I wouldn't be surprised, then finally he said the above and, seriously... what the loving gently caress?

I got this on my "wait and see" list because he spent so long prefacing not to make a big deal out of what he heard yet.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I still maintain MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero is worse than MK: Special Forces (the awful 3D action game starring Jax) because even though they're both terrible, at least the latter has a vaguely sensible control scheme and more importantly doesn't have any platforming.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So let me get this straight:

These two adorable scrappy underdogs with their confidence, energy and humour are... heels?

While Charlotte, with her smug condescension and her continued droning about being genetically superior is a... face?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Went out flat on his back when he left the territory, a real pro

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Went out flat on his back when he left the territory, a real pro

Went down for the 3 when it counted, been the top merch seller ever since :hai:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

yeah, but like Mick Foley he spoiled the emotion of the retirement angle by coming back three nights later. Give it a few weeks so people miss you, jeez.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lamuella posted:

These two adorable scrappy underdogs with their confidence, energy and humour are... heels?

While Charlotte, with her smug condescension and her continued droning about being genetically superior is a... face?

This is how Vince thinks the world works, yes

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

it's been said a lot before, but the things that WWE booking reveals about the Vince McMahon psyche on even the basic level are genuinely unsettling.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

At some point Vince knew that calling yourself, "the genetic jackhammer" or boasting about how you had gigantic balls were kind of heelish.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

RE: Alexa magic, remember the weird poo poo Undertaker got into in the 90s? Remember Marty Jannetty ascending to the heavens while McMahon rhapsodises like its some powerful religous experience? Wild poo poo, Vince has always been out of his loving mind

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Lamuella posted:

yeah, but like Mick Foley he spoiled the emotion of the retirement angle by coming back three nights later. Give it a few weeks so people miss you, jeez.

can't say it wasn't a surprise return, though

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No no, he went down for the three, then afterwards left the territory. People are sure he'll come back one day, but he's kind of moved on to better things and it's time we all got over that :smith:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure he had a short farewell run before he left for good, but I can't blame you for not knowing. Even some of his biggest fans couldn't believe it at the time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

No no, he went down for the three, then afterwards left the territory.

This guy doesn't watch the product

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This guy doesn't watch the product

Why would I read the book, Paul?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Shine posted:

loving hell, lol.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I tried to go back and follow the product from the beginning, but the face/heel dynamic is all messed up. Half of the time the main authority figure is just a complete rear end in a top hat for no reason.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shine posted:

Holy poo poo :lol:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Shine posted:

God drat...oh, poo poo, sorry!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Rarity posted:

This is how Vince thinks the world works, yes

It's telling Vince thinks the greatest prank you can pull on somebody is pushing an unsuspecting person fully clothed into a pool.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

It's telling Vince thinks the greatest prank you can pull on somebody is pushing an unsuspecting person fully clothed into a pool.

Untrue, he thinks chasing someone with lovely undies is even funnier

Jesus gently caress, to be a fly on the wall for a psychological assessment of Vince.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Doc M posted:

I still maintain MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero is worse than MK: Special Forces (the awful 3D action game starring Jax) because even though they're both terrible, at least the latter has a vaguely sensible control scheme and more importantly doesn't have any platforming.

You know what isn't terrible? MK: Shaolin Monk

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

bartok posted:

You know what isn't terrible? MK: Shaolin Monk

Pissed we never got Fire and Ice

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mox on a WWE return.

quote:

"You gotta say never say never, because you don't want to run back what you said years later because you don't know what'll happen. Just the creation of AEW was so vital to the wrestling industry, and that's part of the reason why I'm so proud to be a part of it. I wouldn't rule out ever doing business with them again, we had a mutually beneficial relationship for a long time. If they called I would listen, but I highly doubt we would ever be on the same page. I'd be open to an idea. I don't not like money. I got a kid on the way and gotta put it through college so ya know. I would take a phone call, but I highly doubt anything would materialize."

He's absolutely showing up when he's 48 and winning the belt.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

WWE will be in shambles by the time Mox is 48 (because vince will still be in charge)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Oh poo poo, he's younger than me.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

e: not worth a potential derail

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 22, 2021

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Roman vs Dean vs Seth in the main event of WrestleMania 49 is gonna do big numbers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
He's probably just making sure TK adds an extra zero on his next contract

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

"Hey John, good to hear from you again. So we were discussing a pooper scooper about a decade ago, I think it's time we revisit that idea. Hello? John, are you there?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MJeff posted:

Mox on a WWE return.

He's absolutely showing up when he's 48 and winning the belt.

Can't wait for all the "Mox hates AEW, can't wait to return to WWE!" takes on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

He's probably just making sure TK adds an extra zero on his next contract

It’s this