Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ducks, Flames, Habs are all said to be in the running, too.

Not if its Laine and Roslovic holy gently caress run away Bergevin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

For stopping that? Yeah. They put in a good team game tonight and the Wild are starting to look decent. The first couple against LA made me think it was going to be a bad season, but they may pull off 3rd or 4th. Depends how many points they can take off LV and the Avs.

I didn’t realize we also posted dogs here, but here’s my Dubey. Named after the aforementioned goalie who did so much in Wild colors. He doesn’t let me put hats on him.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
despite losing the last two games Rangers actually playing well...kinda got unlucky tonight and let the game get away from them. Lotta vet forwards also not quite up to speed and Strome is a loving anchor right now.
Lafreniere looks like he needs a line to stick on and get used to and not bounced around like is happening but can't say I'm worried. Chytil and Kakko looking good and Fox is a #1 defenseman now. Miller is also a drat surprise, he's adjusting so fast. Still a few things to work on but dang, he played 21 minutes tonight without any special team time.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Them Stars had some pent up energy to burn on the ice tonight in their season debut against the Preds. Six goals so far and the game is in the third period. Pavelski with 4 pts, Radulov with 3.

Khudobin with a 34-save shutout bid on the go.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
If the price for PLD is Sean Monahan I will be at the Monahan house packing his fuckin bags within 15 minutes

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anton Khudobin save percentage at 100%

Also apparently the Stars are an offensive juggernaut now

Well, for a game anyway

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Levitate posted:

despite losing the last two games Rangers actually playing well...kinda got unlucky tonight and let the game get away from them. Lotta vet forwards also not quite up to speed and Strome is a loving anchor right now.
Lafreniere looks like he needs a line to stick on and get used to and not bounced around like is happening but can't say I'm worried. Chytil and Kakko looking good and Fox is a #1 defenseman now. Miller is also a drat surprise, he's adjusting so fast. Still a few things to work on but dang, he played 21 minutes tonight without any special team time.

Re: Miller

Yeah he really seems to be on an upward swing and I love it.

And I told you Chytil has hands!!!

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

If the price for PLD is Sean Monahan I will be at the Monahan house packing his fuckin bags within 15 minutes

What if it was Gaudreau?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Shinjobi posted:

Anton Khudobin save percentage at 100%

Also apparently the Stars are an offensive juggernaut now

Well, for a game anyway

I'd wait until you play someone who is not Nashville before making any statements on the quality of your team.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Tortorella and Laine are going to hate each other

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

Engvall should be a permanent roster player, I don’t know what anyone sees in Adam Brooks even though he technically scored.

Wasn't Engvall only down for cap/waiver-exempt status reasons?

Has Brooks ever played more than 10 minutes a game? I'm not sure that anyone outside of Marlies super fans sees anything of homz let alone in him.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1352856174778064896

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Argh. I don't like this. I don't want to see Laine traded.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Wasn't Engvall only down for cap/waiver-exempt status reasons?

Has Brooks ever played more than 10 minutes a game? I'm not sure that anyone outside of Marlies super fans sees anything of homz let alone in him.

Engvall was sent down for cap reasons, but they didn’t bring him up once they had the LTIR space to do so the first time in order to gently caress around with 7D. He wasn’t even on the taxi squad to start the year and he’s straight up more valuable than any of the extra #6 dmen the team carries around and/or Barabanov.

Brooks got on the taxi squad over guys with real NHL experience like Petan and Agostino, got the call over Boyd, and got PP2 time immediately. The organization clearly thinks he’s something, it’s not just people who pay too much attention to Jeff Veillette, and I just... don’t see it at all. He’s small and has no recognizable NHL-level skills.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Breaking news the teams involved in acquiring Pierre Luc-Dubois are Canucks division rivals Montreal, Canucks division rivals Calgary, Canucks division rivals Winnipeg, and Anaheim.

yay anaheim

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Who the hell thinks Laine would be a good fit in Columbus ?

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

What if it was Gaudreau?

nah. I think Johnny's got another gear still. he needs a centre who can retrieve pucks (ie not any of the current guys on the roster). like, if Sam Bennett was playoff Sam Bennett all the time, that would be perfect. I love my lovely johnny.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

Who the hell thinks Laine would be a good fit in Columbus ?

Frankly it might be Laine himself. I could see it more that he just really wants out of Winnipeg more than he very badly wants to go to Columbus.

Interesting read here on it too

https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/1352965141181165570

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mike Works posted:

Breaking news the teams involved in acquiring Pierre Luc-Dubois are Canucks division rivals Montreal, Canucks division rivals Calgary, Canucks division rivals Winnipeg, and Anaheim.

yay anaheim

Anaheim will be a division rival again next year so there are no good outcomes!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think there's something to be said about giving young players more agency in where they end up. I don't know what that looks like ultimately - maybe a permutation on the offersheet system that blocks the other team from matching for additional compensation of some sort.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Abolish the draft, everyone's a free agent at 18

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
I feel like Laine alone should have more value than PLD. They're the same age, Laine has outproduced PLD since they both came into the league, and Laine is one of the best shooters in the league. Weird to see the media talking as if Winnipeg should have to add to that potential trade. Especially if the add is Roslovic.

bub spank fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 23, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bub spank posted:

I feel like Laine alone should have more value than PLD. They're the same age, Laine has outproduced PLD since they both came into the league, and Laine is one of the best shooters in the league. Weird to see the media talking as if Winnipeg should have to add to that potential trade. Especially if the add is Roslovic.

There's always been the perception that a skilled center trumps the value of a skilled winger because of "intangibles"/defensive play or that it's easier to build success through strong centers than strong wingers, so I think that's probably where that is coming form (whether its necessarily the truth or not)

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Laine is the player Phil was always accused of being. Raslovic is like a 3C. Just PLD for both though seems pretty lol from Winnipeg.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

There's always been the perception that a skilled center trumps the value of a skilled winger because of "intangibles"/defensive play or that it's easier to build success through strong centers than strong wingers, so I think that's probably where that is coming form (whether its necessarily the truth or not)

I came here to post exactly this, but you beat me to it and in a more articulate way than I was going to. :golfclap:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Good return to form by the Preds last night. I think this John Hynes kid is going places!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

quote:

The two sides appeared to be getting along swimmingly, discussing contract lengths of three years (a classic bridge deal) and eight years (at $64 million) that would have carried Dubois well into his years as an unrestricted free agent.

But something happened this fall while a contract was still being negotiated, and Dubois requested a trade from Kekalainen, deeply rattling the organization. He has yet to publicly disclose why he decided he wants to be traded away from Columbus.

Dubois’ relationship with Tortorella, rocky at times and volcanic at others, is not the sole reason for his desire to be traded, sources told The Athletic.

https://theathletic.com/2340363/202..._shared_article

I really want to know what set him off, as it feels like it could be anywhere on a scale from something nefarious/repugnant within the organization clear down to "might need some extra padding for thin skin".

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Abolish the draft, everyone's a free agent at 18

Make the kids fill out resumes and apply for jobs to teams.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1353003364699807745?s=20

This is the worst but also most hilarious possible outcome for both Laine and DuBois.

Edit: WPG also gets a 3rd lol

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Unless the Jets get CBJs first somehow this seems like a loss for everybody?

Laine moves from Maurice to Tortorella, and Dubois gets to move into the big city lights of Winnipeg

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1353003916385005568?s=19

This is a hilarious blockbuster.

I can't wait to see Laine shot blocking

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1353003364699807745?s=20

This is the worst but also most hilarious possible outcome for both Laine and DuBois.

Scheifele - PLD is a loving solid 1-2 center punch and one getting Connor and one getting Ehlers is pretty good scoring depth.

Stranger trade for CBJ because they now have a ton of RWs but hey, Laine and Roslovic are pretty fair value for a guy who is demanding a trade.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i hope the trade being finalized means we get to hear the juicy scoops on why PLD left

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Scheifele - PLD is a loving solid 1-2 center punch and one getting Connor and one getting Ehlers is pretty good scoring depth.

Stranger trade for CBJ because they now have a ton of RWs but hey, Laine and Roslovic are pretty fair value for a guy who is demanding a trade.

Laine plays LW, PLD and a 3rd for Laine and Roaslovic seems like a steal for CBJ

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Dom says the Jets win the trade apparently.
https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1353004386985910272?s=19

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm not sure how this is going to play out, but Texier is in beast mode, BJORK is currently PPG, so Laine-Texier-Bjorkstrand sounds like it could be loving sick. :byewhore:.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Oh boy Laine in Columbus is gonna work out swimmingly with Torts

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Laine under Tortorella is gonna be fun

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

torts is gonna turn over a new leaf so that he can bond with laine. from now on you can call him John Fortnitearella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Laine’s bones are made of glass, a shot block could actually end his career