Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
What does the traffic light mean again? How much backseating she wants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Talorat posted:

How irritated she's getting with the chat backseating, I think if it goes red she just straight up closes the chat window.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Talorat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmZrkZ2bJ20

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Misanthropic Void posted:

An brief highlight of what happend during the stream:

• Mikochi sucks at fighting and extinguishing fire, talented at setting fire
  • Pekora is terrible of caregiving and dealing with people, and has 0 social communication skill, so she doesn't actively talk to anyone, but she's a "nice person"
  • Botan showed up as a medic (which matches what she does in BF5 streams)... but her shooting skills was 0. Botan was also a "nice person"
  • Haachama showed up a chef who's cannibal and unflinching (steel will)... she's Botan's lover and wants to sleep together with Botan. Haachama's shooting skill super high, so Trigger Happy Haachama Hunting
  • Botan proposed and married Haachama... but RIGHT AFTER they held their marriage ceremony, Botan's ex-wife showed up with traveling traders
  • Pekora created a bunch of huge wood sculpture artworks, but she had a habit of claiming other characters made them. Marine didn't like how Pekora wasted precious wood to carve them, but they turned out to be super valuable when sold to traders
  • Aqua was skilled and super capable maid who actually cleans things, but she was very pessimistic moody menhera, had to be emotionally babysat. Her "papa" was in danger, but Marine didn't have anyway leeway to send rescue party, so Aqua got depressed that her "papa" died and fell into depression spiral. Marine had to assign designated nap time and play break time for Aqua like a little kid. Aqua finally got happy when she was allowed to solo-play Poker on her own
  • When Aqua's mind snapped, she dragged up a bunch of enemy corpses into the house as decoration... but Haachama promptly dealt with this crisis by EATING the corpses.
  • Mikochi had 0 fighting skill, so she acted as decoy during battle... then Mikochi got into a fight with Aqua, where Aqua administered a one-sided beatdown on Mikochi

I had to go to bed right about when aqua's dad rescue mission showed up, so thanks for this.

Also, that thing with the corpses is why the most valuable person you can have in a colony is a psychopath. Sometimes really terrible poo poo just has to get done, and it doesn't bother them to do it.

Maybe not the cannibalism, though. Usually just use an incinerator instead.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

In a bunch of card game tournaments there was often a reward for dead last to reward people for not giving up. Notable names were the Sansa Award in Game of Thrones LCG, and the Scorched Earth Award for Android Netrunner

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-pt3jTjr4

Suisei is having a no archive singing stream in 2 1/2 hours.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

njsykora posted:

How irritated she's getting with the chat backseating, I think if it goes red she just straight up closes the chat window.

lmao

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

This is interesting because I always thought it was about how mad at chat she was

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Korone is Super Player

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Korone is losing her poo poo over the sprite changes lol

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

HMS Beagle posted:

Korone is Super Player
She's got an incredible work ethic to just bash her head against the game until she progresses. I don't think she ever checks guides, right?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Doesn't read guides and doesn't read manuals, chat had to teach her how to spin dash in Sonic 2.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
she's also got another set that's her face pasted onto little stock cartoons. I thiiink they mean stuff like "just watch me" (boss with binoculars looking at korone at desk), "tell me what to do" (boss manipulates a marionette korone) and I forget the others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKYkh7juufM

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 24, 2021

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She takes advice from chat sometimes like they told here where the secret switch palaces were at the start of of SMW

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfrsAyJSNQk

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Korone also has her piki piki pima in her coffee cup. I think that was the indicator to how receptive to backseating she was during a game. The more shriveled it got the less she wanted chat to backseat. Not sure if that's changed now with the addition of the traffic light.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Here are the full rankings from the Apex tournament. If you're wondering what happened to Kuzuha's team, they tried to take out the favorites from the scrim matches Re:Act team, I Give You Jumpmaster, early in a few rounds. That did not end well every time they tried it. And I Give You Jumpmaster ended up as one of the first place teams.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

One of the major doxx posters is crying on twitter right now because him and his discord got banned for cyberbullying.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Rubellavator posted:

One of the major doxx posters is crying on twitter right now because him and his discord got banned for cyberbullying.

Alexa, play Freesia on the world's smallest violin.

Edit: Or leave it to the Chima Machita choir:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtAd7oJ17UQ

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!

Rubellavator posted:

This is interesting because I always thought it was about how mad at chat she was

As an indication of chat-mood, it kind of means that chat should chill down if it's red.
The facepunch right now comes from Korone replaying a level that she already beat with cheesing. She wanted to beat it the regular way, and was stuck for a while. Chat had a hard time accepting that.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Rubellavator posted:

Now just need to ban him from twitter too.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i don't think anyone (joke-)torments their viewership quite like korone

though she gets really nice if she's late to a stream

e:

njsykora posted:

Doesn't read guides and doesn't read manuals, chat had to teach her how to spin dash in Sonic 2.

she used savestates in sonic 1&2 but I don't really blame her, sonic 1 is bullshit and sonic 2's final area/special stages are also bullshit(she also never stated mid-level or boss, just at the start of areas)

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 24, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Yinlock posted:

she used savestates in sonic 1&2 but I don't really blame her, sonic 1 is bullshit and sonic 2's final area/special stages are also bullshit

Savestates only in Sonic 2, she was playing Sonic 1 on a regular Mega Drive but still used the level select as a continue.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

njsykora posted:

Savestates only in Sonic 2, she was playing Sonic 1 on a regular Mega Drive but still used the level select as a continue.

oh right, and she only used states in 2 like a level-select except for the last boss

but again I don't blame her cuz bullshit

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

golden bubble posted:

Here are the full rankings from the Apex tournament. If you're wondering what happened to Kuzuha's team, they tried to take out the favorites from the scrim matches Re:Act team, I Give You Jumpmaster, early in a few rounds. That did not end well every time they tried it. And I Give You Jumpmaster ended up as one of the first place teams.

Team Holostars got 5th. Let’s go, lads! I know they practiced a lot, so I’m very proud of them. I think Aruran only started a few months ago too.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Owned by nijisanjis home 3d tracking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNpsJNaeFvY

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
What are you doing? Doesn't matter, watch Suisei's unarchived English singing stream now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG-pt3jTjr4

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Trihugger posted:

What are you doing? Doesn't matter, watch Suisei's unarchived English singing stream now.

I'm gonna!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
She sounds like a completely different person when she sings in English. Going to her usual voice after finishing a song was pretty drat jarring. :staredog:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

golden bubble posted:

Really highlights how different team play is from solo. Towa and Matsuri are pretty good solo, but no one is a real shot caller.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Liar Lyre posted:

Team Holostars got 5th. Let’s go, lads! I know they practiced a lot, so I’m very proud of them. I think Aruran only started a few months ago too.

I was watching Aruran's stream and it's cool how he setup his model to be the talking dragon.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Suisei's english singing voice is incredible

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Suisei has been hanging around Coco a lot, this songlist is only one step away from Coco's english singing stream list.

Although Suisei singing toxic would probably be pretty neat.

edit: actually I think Suisei might know more of the words than Coco does, lmao

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 24, 2021

Wudz
Aug 19, 2005

*LATEST FAD
Zentraya is about to roll out her newly completed Live2d, and seems to have an entire anime OP as an intro

https://twitch.tv/zentreya

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Wudz posted:

Zentraya is about to roll out her newly completed Live2d, and seems to have an entire anime OP as an intro

"Where the hell is everybody else's body pillow?"

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

sinky posted:

Owned by nijisanjis home 3d tracking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNpsJNaeFvY

Himawari made me feel old back when she started this series playthrough from MGS1 and at the start mentioned she had never heard the PS1 boot sound before.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Wudz posted:

Her new Live2D is really nice, but the old 3D worked really well for her non-verbal shtick. I think you lose something with the more limited motion tracking that Live2D limits you to.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, I'm a little surprised she invested in a 2D instead of an improved version of her 3D, since it moves fine but parts are pretty low res.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I assume a big part of it is being able to collab with other VShojo's (and other Vtubers) without either looking extremely out of place, or having to turn into a static cut-out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Lt. Lizard posted:

I assume a big part of it is being able to collab with other VShojo's (and other Vtubers) without either looking extremely out of place, or having to turn into a static cut-out.

It's probably partly this (though I don't think they mind TOO much because in Lewdcast all three of the hosts look extremely different from the other two. But as they become a bigger and more cohesive unit they may want things to change).

But also, Melody was saying she was going to get a "real" Live2D (not her Nyanners-drawn scribblemonster, as great as it is) because it would make it easier for her to appear in collabs. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a similar rationale.

I don't know the details behind the tech but I imagine it's easier to set up a Live2D than their 3D models