Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Let's be honest, KC will be running this poo poo for the next 10-15

On my more optimistic days, I see Mahomes turning into Michael Vick*. On my more pessimistic days, it’s Tom Brady.

God I hope it’s not another ten years of this no-look, across the body nonsense.

Not the dog fighting part. The “holy poo poo he’s amazing” and then slowly fades into mediocrity part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Dangerllama posted:

On my more optimistic days, I see Mahomes turning into Michael Vick*. On my more pessimistic days, it’s Tom Brady.

God I hope it’s not another ten years of this no-look, across the body nonsense.

Not the dog fighting part. The “holy poo poo he’s amazing” and then slowly fades into mediocrity part

Despite his ridiculous playoff run last year, he’s not reckless enough to get worn down that quickly like Vick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vick was a lovely QB until he had Reid. Mahomes is a pass first QB who runs when the option is glaringly obvious. I think his game will always evolve as it has a lot in his short time already. I worry about injury but not as much as Buffalo or Baltimore should

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1350168183844421632?s=19

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

waht the gently caress von

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What is he being investigated for I couldn't find it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

What is he being investigated for I couldn't find it

Domestic violence

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
His ex-fiancée said nothing happened so I don't know what the gently caress

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

he hosed a chicken

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

His ex-fiancée said nothing happened so I don't know what the gently caress

Anecdotal grain of salt etc but when I served on a jury for a domestic violence case, the woman had issued denials the first two time the cops came. She only found her courage the third time. :(

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I think that’s what happens a lot, especially for DA that happens more than once

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/boltupnick/status/1351680869870796803?s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Alright everything feels like bragging now but this piece of trivia is ridiculously odd because of who did it last.

https://twitter.com/EmmanuelAcho/status/1353537258612117505

That was Matt Campbell's first year so they did have a good coach (for maybe the first time in school history), but they were 3-9 on the year. And it's not like Tech put up a fight, the score was 66-10. Like, Jacob Park who I don't even remember gets to say he outdueled Patrick Mahomes in a football game, and he was legitimately better in that game. Joel Lanning was a much better quarterback in that game, and that guy ended his career as a linebacker.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 25, 2021

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The last time the Bucs were in the Super Bowl they completely mauled an AFC West team. Makes u think

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Makes you think how much the Raiders suck and how much it's going to own when they spike the football into Terrific Tom.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Makes you think how much the Raiders suck and how much it's going to own when they spike the football into Terrific Tom.

Rich Gannon threw 6 INTs lol

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Callahan was severely derelict in his planning for that game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1353578697371082752

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Rich Gannon threw 6 INTs lol
Rich Gannon deserved better.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Grittybeard posted:

Alright everything feels like bragging now but this piece of trivia is ridiculously odd because of who did it last.

That was Matt Campbell's first year so they did have a good coach (for maybe the first time in school history), but they were 3-9 on the year. And it's not like Tech put up a fight, the score was 66-10. Like, Jacob Park who I don't even remember gets to say he outdueled Patrick Mahomes in a football game, and he was legitimately better in that game. Joel Lanning was a much better quarterback in that game, and that guy ended his career as a linebacker.

Probably not from that game, but any excuse to post this gif

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
L’Jarius Sneed was a pretty good draft pick guys, also nice to have Thornhill fully back from ACL recovery what a monster game from him

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Last night was surreal. Maybe because I haven't left the house since before Christmas but Mahomes feels like not reality.

https://twitter.com/kseaboldt/status/1353549337545109506?s=21

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/jacobs71/status/1353740212325801984?s=21

Pringle outsnapped Robinson and Hardman yesterday, basically the starting X now when Sammy is out, nice ascension

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

General Dog posted:

Probably not from that game, but any excuse to post this gif

I'm the guy facepalming

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
For the superbowl Chiefs fans will replace the "Tomahawk Chop" with the "Mahomahawk Chop".

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, the Raiders beat them by like 3 TDs back in November, but the refs stepped up big time and beat the Raiders 25-0.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pron on VHS posted:

https://twitter.com/jacobs71/status/1353740212325801984?s=21

Pringle outsnapped Robinson and Hardman yesterday, basically the starting X now when Sammy is out, nice ascension

Once he pops he can't stop.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I for one will be rooting for Thomas Brady

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

General Dog posted:

For the superbowl Chiefs fans will replace the "Tomahawk Chop" with the "Mahomahawk Chop".
I would be ok with them replacing the Tomahawk Chop with nearly anything else.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I for one will be rooting for Thomas Brady

i too, am now emotionally invested in the success of one touchdown tommy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

Never count out Pouchdown Pat

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
gently caress it, I'm old enough to have enjoyed back to back superbowls back in the 90's. Go ahead. I hope you languish like the Broncos have ever since (you won't the Broncos are just really good at rolling around in the dog poo poo for decades with occasional high points). gently caress Tom Brady, gently caress this game, I'm just gonna pout the entire game like a child.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Croatoan posted:

gently caress it, I'm old enough to have enjoyed back to back superbowls back in the 90's. Go ahead. I hope you languish like the Broncos have ever since (you won't the Broncos are just really good at rolling around in the dog poo poo for decades with occasional high points). gently caress Tom Brady, gently caress this game, I'm just gonna pout the entire game like a child.

drat must feel awful to have a 5 year bad stretch after a 50 year good stretch

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Croatoan posted:

I recommend buying four to five squares to enjoy the game.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

a neat cape posted:

drat must feel awful to have a 5 year bad stretch after a 50 year good stretch
it feels turrible

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

You can choose not to watch the game if the matchup is going to annoy you. Nothing wrong with that if watching the game would impact you negatively.

kiimo posted:

I recommend buying four to five squares to enjoy the game.

This is also a good solution.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Croatoan posted:

I didn't start watching until the Tebow year so my experience is much different lol

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
I'll watch the game but refuse to derive any enjoyment from either result. Ultimately, I guess I'm rooting for KC because at the very least, I can say that my team is the only one to actually beat the Chiefs when they weren't sitting a bunch of starters so that's a minor silver lining I suppose.

Also, in food terms, KC has amazing BBQ and I support awesome food like that. Cuban sandwiches are really good but BBQ is better and also gently caress open mouth child kisser Tom Brady and rapey Antonio Brown.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm rooting for Brady this year because I don't want Mahomes to ever beat his old rear end in the big game, ever. Need the asterisk on Mahomes goatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Nahh gently caress that, Mahomes is a great guy so far. Brady can suck my rear end. I guess I'll pull for him personally but that's as far as I'll go.