Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

lol if you are not already booyah-ing anyway when your teammate fires off the bomb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Cactus posted:

Do you only have to booyah once for the full effect, or does spamming it increase the strength of the bomb?

For the user, you have to keep spamming Booyah as each Booyah charges it faster by 7%. There's no limit on the Booyahs, so you keep spamming until it's fully charged. Special power up lets it charge up passively faster, meaning you can spam Booyah less and have the bomb ready to go a lot sooner depending on how much SPU you're using.

For the rest of the team, spamming booyah gets you more special points and charges the bomb faster, though the game only registers 5 Booyahs from the rest of the team, each with diminishing returns. (+8%/+4%/+2%/+1%/+1%) So only 5 instances of a special point boost is possible across the team per Booyah Bomb as well (+6/+3/+2/+1/+0.5 special points). Once you stop seeing particle effects go towards the Booyah Bomb, you can stop Booyahing if you're not the one using it.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Cactus posted:

Do you only have to booyah once for the full effect, or does spamming it increase the strength of the bomb?

It does help to charge the Booyah Bomb, but more importantly, it makes it easier to Booyah in the beginning of the match (essential for team morale), to cheer on teammates who make sick kills, and to give yourself a pat on the back when you do something awesome.

I mean, you can play the game without doing all this, but why would you do that to yourself?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Oh I didn't realise spamming booyah got me some special bar. Well that changes everything, no such thing as true altruism and all that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I spam booyah all the time and wonder why so many people don't respond at the start of the match. If it's something about finger coordination I guess I feel a little less bad about the no-responders but I've never had a problem

Is it people who don't use motion controls? I'm having a hard time thinking about where my fingers go without a controller in front of me, it's like thinking about tying your shoes

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Booyah button inhibiting movement hasn’t really crossed my mind tbh

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
I sometimes don't booyah because it's annoying to interrupt movement. But I should get over myself, my team isn't gonna lose if I get where I'm going 300ms slower.

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

use your right thumb to booyah

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I hit booyah with my right thumb so I can keep moving. No, I don't remap my controls.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm definitely going to grab my controller tonight and see what I do because I booyah like crazy and I definitely don't feel like I do it at the expense of movement

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I’m going to spend Monday night contemplating why it loving keeps setting the Monday evening league rotation to loving clam blitz

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Roll Fizzlebeef posted:

use your right thumb to booyah

I'll try it!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Araxxor posted:

This:

Version without the text highlighted:

I would love some salmonoid DLC

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
More Splatoon in general would be Real Good. Do ya'll still play together?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Korean Boomhauer posted:

More or less. The gang at the discord usually group up together for excursions, especially during Splatfests.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

The game is still fairly populated yeah. The recent Splatfest probably drew some older players who dropped the game back.

Heck, even Splatoon 1 still has matches.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Korean Boomhauer posted:

The discord is a good community that plays together frequently.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
I'm getting some gootuber and hydra practice lately, with mixed results. Hydra's doing better though. Kind of specialty weapons

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Araxxor posted:

The game is still fairly populated yeah. The recent Splatfest probably drew some older players who dropped the game back.

Heck, even Splatoon 1 still has matches.

Yeah, I started playing 2 again. I hope they do that Salmonid DLC they hinted at.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

splatoon 3 next year boisengirls get hypedddd

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

2022. Honestly the wait is going to be more painful than Breath of the Wild 2.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Goddamn that was a surprise announcement outta nowhere.

I really didn't expect they'll release the sequel on the same console.

Unless...

mr_jolly
Aug 20, 2003

Not so jolly now
Just watched my first Nintendo direct live ever and when that came on I think I've had the biggest grin on my face for ages!

Please can I just hibernate for a year or so?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://youtu.be/blEBR08Ghl4

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Unless...

I could see it being a Better on Super Switch! game. I guess this was what that Salmonid thing was hinting at? That you’ll be able to have your own.:)

I’m really excited for that campaign. Was that an upside down Eiffel Tower in the desert?:eyepop:

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 18, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That trailer kicked rear end and I am super loving HYPED

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

Unless...

By the time it releases it'll have been 5 years since Splatoon 2. More than enough time for a sequel.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
nintendo let me preorder this already 2022 year of the SQUID.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we get a :woomy: in chat lads.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

theres already stuff up on the splatoon twitter:

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1362176730098589698
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1362177266529169409
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/1362177767958142978

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
No more genderlocking, either :3: You pick squid or octoling, but beyond that the hair and shorts options are available to mix and match.

oh yeah, we destroyed the world when we made chaos win lol

"The city seems to have developed rapidly since the final Splatfest a year and a half ago" AHAHAHAH

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Feb 18, 2021

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Quick and dirty lowdown of the deets:

• Still 4vs4 matches
  • Spawn points are no more, instead you superjump to the playfield via floating thingamabobs
  • Jumping has been improved, providing better mobility
  • New hairstyles, apparently no longer bound to gender
  • A new weapon type: the bow. It shoots - by the looks of it - three streams of ink

More to come later on, it's quite late and I need to go to bed.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Huge kowloon walled city vibes from that hub world

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

absolutely floored that they probably had a pretty robust pre-production of what we're getting, and a completely different version of the game that's a futuristic dystopia in case Order won

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/nintendoamerica/status/1362182738514571268?s=21

NOA account has posted those details in English.

I love that the campaign is leaning into the results of the “last” Splatfest again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

...guys, year and a half after the final splatfest...
...that's January 2022

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

omg the spawner drones are espresso machines, the ink tanks are hydration bladders, the 96 gal has a water filter attached to it, its these little details that add up

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

New .96 Gal looks rad. That’s always been my favorite Splatoon weapon.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'm so unbelievably hype for whatever any of this is

Oh god are we still going to have Salmon Run tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fedule posted:

I'm so unbelievably hype for whatever any of this is

Oh god are we still going to have Salmon Run tho

Seems wrong if we have a pet smallfry. Whatever they do I hope they keep the awesome world building of the coop.