Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I will need some help filling in the blanks here so I left some of the numbers unfilled so we can easily slot in parts of this plan as we remember them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Forgot get money and gently caress.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i often think back to the scheme he had in clone wars where obiwan pretended to be dead and infiltrated a prison break and assassination attempt on palpatine which took months seemed to have an end goal of slightly annoying anakin

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

i often think back to the scheme he had in clone wars where obiwan pretended to be dead and infiltrated a prison break and assassination attempt on palpatine which took months seemed to have an end goal of slightly annoying anakin

Thank you for bringing this up I'm gonna make sure to add in all the requisite details to the chart.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Don’t forget “Troll my assistant manager’s whiny kid into killing me for some reason.”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

- Get the gently caress off Naboo
- Get Posse

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Sheev Palpatine shits and pisses wherever he's standing and then uses sith alchemy to disappear the waste. I'm not sure how that factors in but it's definitely a big part of the plan.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmfao thank you

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wait what's going on with that bounty hunter part

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, pre monster face what was Sheev's real voice? Was he pulling a reverse Batman for his entire political career?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Wait what's going on with that bounty hunter part

So I can't blame you if you didn't hear about this because neither did I and I had to do research about it on the internet but these events were all part of Palpatine's "inter movie plan" which was an exciting part of his plan that took place between the films! This particular aspect of the plan sources from The Clone Wars and here is a historical photo

Now this might seem very similar to a different thing that happened in Attack of the Clones so to keep them straight I've included some of the bits I've remembered from attack of the clones in the plan.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

So, pre monster face what was Sheev's real voice? Was he pulling a reverse Batman for his entire political career?

Yes. Sheev always had a monster face and also somehow his hands were the only part of him severely impacted from being thrown into the core of an exploding death star.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
An integral part of his plan is saying “Do it!” and “Good~” in the most amazing ways.

Also a bunch of poo poo involving Maul.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

reignofevil posted:

So I can't blame you if you didn't hear about this because neither did I and I had to do research about it on the internet but these events were all part of Palpatine's "inter movie plan" which was an exciting part of his plan that took place between the films! This particular aspect of the plan sources from The Clone Wars and here is a historical photo

Now this might seem very similar to a different thing that happened in Attack of the Clones so to keep them straight I've included some of the bits I've remembered from attack of the clones in the plan.

lmao thank you for the clarification on Sheev's very intricate and well thought out plan

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
One detail you missed: the second bounty hunter used a droid which used bugs to try and kill Padme to make the plan more needlessly complicated.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

fartknocker posted:

An integral part of his plan is saying “Do it!” and “Good~” in the most amazing ways.

Also a bunch of poo poo involving Maul.

also "yes... good, good"

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

lot of nerds in here overlooking the brilliance of the worm pooping robot. Like what would you do, just have the robot shoot them? in Sheev's name you lazy fucks

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Step idk: Whatever the gently caress that worthikids Palpatine video describes escaping the exploding death star and getting to his fancy chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sFbLppuhhs

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

karmicknight posted:

Step idk: Whatever the gently caress that worthikids Palpatine video describes escaping the exploding death star and getting to his fancy chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sFbLppuhhs

lol this is great

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This is getting hard to read on mobile. Too drunk for solutions.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Lets not forget that part of his plan from Phantom Menace, which goes on the list somewhere after Get Posse:

-manipulate galactic senate to tax trade routes to piss off Trade Federation
-manipulate Trade Federation to protest taxation by blockading my home planet
-when Jedi show up to try and settle the problem, order Trade Federation to murder them in cold blood just because and also invade and occupy planet to intensify crisis
-tell Trade Federation to use the captured Queen to sign a treaty to make the invasion and occupation legal even though that makes no sense on several levels
-actually expect the Queen to escape Naboo and reach Coruscant so you can use her politically
-send Darth Maul after Queen, telling the Trade Federation its to bring her back but presumably just to covertly let the Jedi know there's a Sith Lord involved in this plot to make them paranoid
-manipulate the queen so she will oust the old Chancellor apparently on her own volition leaving you with clean hands when people nominate you for the job
-get elected to Chancellor on a sympathy vote over the whole blockade and invasion thing
-order the Trade Federation to genocide the Gungans and the Queen's forces when they go back to fight them to tie up loose ends
-get Darth Maul killed on purpose during the whole thing since Tyrannus and the whole Sifo-Dyas/Clone Army thing is already in the wings for next phase of plan

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
-cackle

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Sheev fucks

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

fartknocker posted:

Sheev fucks

It is known.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
This is also part of the plan:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

fartknocker posted:

The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... nasty :heysexy:.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

fartknocker posted:

I think it's pretty clear this happens sometime on the death star 2 as it's being constructed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
When Vader couldn’t find new ways to motivate the construction crews, the Emperor did. :pervert:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The man is fully armed and operational, if you know what I mean :dong:

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

Nobody could resist firepower of that magnitude

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

fartknocker posted:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
im pretty sure part of his plan was "unlimited power!"

unclear on further details

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Followed by

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

That seems more like an end goal than a step in the plan.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Part of why Palpatine is such an enigma is he arguably already had that and all he had to do was kick back and retire from politics on his massive sith wealth with his crazy good government healthcare plan for being an ex supreme chancellor and he decided instead to try and rule through fear on top of it all.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

He's a sith, that's like their whole deal.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!
this list is starting to look p. nice

also im beginning to suspect this palpatines fellow isn't so much a master planner as he is a skilled opportunist with a lot of power. which is actually how people who look like they're doing 5-d chess usually operate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Sheev Palpatine shits and pisses wherever he's standing and then uses sith alchemy to disappear the waste. I'm not sure how that factors in but it's definitely a big part of the plan.

I'm still figuring out how to work this in without making sheev look silly