Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Butt-Ugly Martians is pretty famous as being one of the terrible cartoons of the late 90s/early 00s, being cheap CGI with deliberately ugly designs and unoriginal characters and all, but I couldn't get too mad at a cartoon where the core premise is lying to your boss and slacking off work while undermining imperialism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Fabulousity posted:

I like how Ren & Stimpy and Rocko's Modern Life are getting passes because everybody loves vomit, farts, anti-capitalist themes, and overt masturbation jokes that inconceivably made it past the censors.

All of these are good morals

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Heath posted:

What was the one with the sumo guys whose whole thing was that they had big asses

Never saw it, but I'm pretty sure it was Super Duper Sumos. The only reason I remember is because of this GBA cover.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Heath posted:

What was the one with the sumo guys whose whole thing was that they had big asses

Super Duper Sumos

nickelodeon cancelled this for trash like catdog, chalk zone and rocket power

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

CatDog had its moments. The episode with the collectable toys that basically becomes an illustration of the collector's market bubble comes to mind.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mama had a chicken, Mama had a cow, Dad was proud, he didn't care how

honestly I think he should have been concerned

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Caesar Saladin posted:

I liked the cartoon but goddamn the theme song made me so anxious

I need closure

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cow and Chicken had some of the most under-the-radar jokes, like the Asswipe tribe (pronounced "as we pay")

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Heath posted:

Cow and Chicken had some of the most under-the-radar jokes, like the Asswipe tribe (pronounced "as we pay")

there was a banned episode where a bunch of biker ladies show up and eat their carpet and talk about pitching and catching while playing softball

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BoosterDuck posted:

Super Duper Sumos

nickelodeon cancelled this for trash like catdog, chalk zone and rocket power

Don't you dare lump Rocket Power in with garbage like catdog. That show fuckin owned.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Rocket Power sucked

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

Don't you dare lump Rocket Power in with garbage like catdog. That show fuckin owned.

how about a hawaiian dicking

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Caesar Saladin posted:

there was a banned episode where a bunch of biker ladies show up and eat their carpet and talk about pitching and catching while playing softball

When I was overseas, I got CN Mumai and managed to catch this. Also saw a whole bunch of Looney Tunes blowing their brains out. Mumbai is shockingly lax with censorship.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Rocket Power sucked

Shut up shoobie

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
I used to like Cramp Twins. a standard suburban “bad twin vs good twin” show except it’s also about a race of swamp midgets, and that’s never explained

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Heath posted:

Didn't cow and chicken also have the "you don't need pants for the the victory dance?" clips of I.M. weasel and baboon?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the show had sooooo many butts

like the devil guy, his butt was always showing

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kids find butts funny.

That's the secret of kids comedy, lots of butts.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
... Kids?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Say what you want about how 90s and 00s humour aged, they always kept in mild the golden rule: butts are funny.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Any reasonable person finds butts funny.

fixed

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Das Boo posted:

... Kids?

And the rest of us

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Caesar Saladin posted:

the show had sooooo many butts

like the devil guy, his butt was always showing

from what I remember, pantslessness was basically a major pillar of this dude’s character

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

FunkyAl posted:

Does Doug ever rap?

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Wow, Doug actually made me laugh out loud in TYOOL 2021

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
yeah lmao that it just says "RAP"

someone change it to RAPE and put this defiant doug in that comic tia

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Catdog was great, gently caress the haters :colbert:

Caesar Saladin posted:

Maybe they had an open relationship.

Caesar Saladin posted:

I saw this on YouTube and it was great :haw:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gaunab posted:

Rocket Power sucked
Everyone says this but I don't know why. It's not great but like, there were way worse shows. Wild Thornberries is the real balls in the Klasky-Csupo ouvre, with a Tim Curry exception for obvious reasons.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

mind the walrus posted:

Everyone says this but I don't know why. It's not great but like, there were way worse shows. Wild Thornberries is the real balls in the Klasky-Csupo ouvre, with a Tim Curry exception for obvious reasons.

Probably the big 'boomers trying too hard to relate to ~the kids~' energy

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wild Thornberries was good, actually. A hundred times better than Rocket Power.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The worst part of Rocket Power as a kid was when they would say some obviously made up slang like "Dang Squid, you just did a real Onion Beefer" and then a seizure-inducing graphic would explode onto the screen

O-O-O-ONION BEEFEEEEEEER

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rocket Power is amusingly stupid.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also, this is official art:

Why does michelangelo have bowser's clown car??

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Mega64 posted:

Rocket Power is amusingly stupid.
Bingo. Wild Thornberries was just "Eliza somehow makes talking animals boring."

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

ikanreed posted:

Why does michelangelo have bowser's clown car??

Is Doug even on there?? I see Roger

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

mind the walrus posted:

Flea was great too, even if Donnie was kind of grating sometimes

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Butt-Ugly Martians is pretty famous as being one of the terrible cartoons of the late 90s/early 00s, being cheap CGI with deliberately ugly designs and unoriginal characters and all, but I couldn't get too mad at a cartoon where the core premise is lying to your boss and slacking off work while undermining imperialism.

I remember seeing zim on nick for the first time it was the one where the robot became the house and wanted tacos but couldnt eat them.

Then all of a sudden zim was gone and we had that stupid martian show

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.
Wild Thornberries was pretty good actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GicJVYQvcg

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ups_rail posted:

I remember seeing zim on nick for the first time it was the one where the robot became the house and wanted tacos but couldnt eat them.

Zim was a weird situation where it was greenlighted with the idea that it would be the anchor program on an older teen block for Nick but then the block never actually happened so they were stuck with a show that was tonally different from anything else they were airing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ups_rail posted:

It was a sick joke.

gently caress that show was so ugly.