Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Why are orders for AMC not being filled?!?! I see the volume moving!! You bastards!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
We don't know where AMC really is because all the retail gremlins rushing in to it can't get into their account because all the retail trade sites are being sabotaged by computer gremlins this is how they win folks they divide us

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
DO NOT SELL COWARDS

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

is vanguard down lol?

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
I'm now spread across $GME, $AMC, $BBBY, $NOK, and $BB.

Crack. ping.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

cumshitter posted:

ARAGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Discussion > cspam > doomsday economics - ARAGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Who would of thunk that having the entire white collar class poo poo posting all day during COVID would turn into this.

I think this is only the beginning.

Hedge funds are hosed.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
We are coming to save the bros who bought at 350 today.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

skooma512 posted:

I was long $AMC anyway, hoping it would rise the normal way for normal reasons.

Now I made a YOLO play. How else are my GF's student loans and car repairs gonna be paid?

bruh you're gonna be able to buy so many cars

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Goon Boots posted:

if everyone just keeps buying, number will just go up forever

isn't that what we want?

this is why humanity is bad, my friend. we are all stuck in a prisoner's dilmena where people are incentivized to hit the sell/war button (selling stock is literally no different from murder)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
600 million shares of AMC lol

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
I have made $.02 :smug:

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mw91RJ_m_7g

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
this is why congress didn’t want to send checks. cash in the hands of the mob creates chaos

caelxii
Jun 20, 2003

Backcountry posted:

bought 1100 shares of AMC yesterday at $4.63. Feeling pretty good right now :)

Same here, 1000 shares at $4.93 right before close. Now to spend the day laughing for better or worse.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

whata all this about nokia

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Red Baron posted:

I have made $.02 :smug:
nice :smug:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

can’t wait for someone to introduce a bill in Congress with bipartisan support that bans retail trading and mandates individuals have to go through some hedge fund firm to make sure rich people’s money isn’t threatened again

The simpsons skinner meme, but with "maybe we should get rid of naked short selling. No its the retail investors that are wrong."

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i apologize if my personal financial planning advice has degenerated this morning, i am having a severe manic episode. but that only means i will work harder FOR YOU

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

readingatwork posted:

Can somebody give me the short version of what's happening right now with Gamestop and AMC? I'm very confused.

Somebody on reddit noticed that a lot of capitalists were "shorting" Gamestop, essentially betting Gamestop would lose money. Reddit caught wind and bought a bunch Gamestop, causing the capitalists to lose money instead because number went up when it should have gone down.

AMC is an attempt to do it again.

This is what the economy is based on.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

cumshitter posted:

i apologize if my personal financial planning advice has degenerated this morning, i am having a severe manic episode. but that only means i will work harder FOR YOU

i respect and appreciate you cumshitter

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

the market is fukken st00pid

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

cumshitter posted:

We appreciate your service.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

soup. posted:

We don't know where AMC really is because all the retail gremlins rushing in to it can't get into their account because all the retail trade sites are being sabotaged by computer gremlins this is how they win folks they divide us

my initial buy order didn't even go through hahahhahahahahahhahaha

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

spacetoaster posted:

NOK is moving

Yeah okay, I'm in

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I do think AMC goes back up but it doesn't have the same push as GME yet, it might get there

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

oxsnard posted:

this is seriously like watching a group of people load up their first crackpipe knowing that a decent number of them are going to be selling blowjobs for 10 bucks in like 6 months

who should i short if i think the blowjob market is about to get flooded with supply

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Guess who has two thumbs and will comfortably make rent this month?

(I am now indicating to myself with both thumbs.)

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

BUY THE DIP AND HOLD TILL PLUTO, DIAMOND HANDS!!!

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Accretionist posted:

Guess who has two thumbs and will comfortably make rent this month?

(I am now indicating to myself with both thumbs.)

hell yeah

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin

Crusader posted:

i respect and appreciate you cumshitter

this was your first, and last, mistake

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cumshitter posted:

80s financially powerstanced cumshitter is a force of nature

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

How long do sell orders on robinhood normally take to execute? I put in my sell order nearly half an hour ago and nothing has happened since

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

cumshitter posted:

Halser
Aug 24, 2016
so will hedge funds be afraid to short stocks after this or will this kind of dumb poo poo keep happening I wonder

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
really regretting all those "Cumshitter: He's manic for money!!!!" bus bench ads i bought last night

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Eight-Six posted:

the market is fukken st00pid

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

PyPy posted:

this is why congress didn’t want to send checks. cash in the hands of the mob creates chaos

Never gonna see that $1400 now.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
The MMs are going to have to pry my 675 from my diamond hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
:shepspends::shepspends::shepspends::shepspends::shepspends::shepspends: