Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Gringostar posted:

lol that these loving ghouls are demanding regulation when they're the ones getting hosed over

This is feeling very similar to 'black panthers standing on the statehouse steps with guns' territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

703 posted:

Its like the markets should be free or something

no no theyre supposed to be efficient

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
like loving clockwork

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1354447973384658946?s=19

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pook Good Mook posted:

CANCEL CULTURE

Seriously, how the gently caress would this even be loving enforceable. loving wall street loves to campaign to take over all retirement investing and loves to get suckers into retail investing but the moment the mob turns on them they're the biggest bunch of assholes.

The secret is that they only care about it in so far as it makes them money

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Popoto posted:

this is history in the making. if the market survives friday, we're in for some fireworks in the coming months because of what it'll light in the average layman's head.

Heavy investments by people unfamiliar with the situation into worthless penny stocks with the hope that someone on the internet will decide to meme you into wealth, correct.

A lot of people are going to underestimate what went into making this stuff happen and lose everything gambling.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

ErrEff posted:

Is this the bitcoinification of the traditional stock market? Will everything turn into a pump and dump now?

always has been

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
So I didn't actually manage to get 100 bucks of AMC at like 8 dollars yesterday since I'm an idiot, but I for real now have some AMC and NOK and have lost 13 dollars so far today! TO THE MOON BABY

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
tibanne is knocking over the routers

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

one stock please, por favor

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

when u dump but she still pumpin

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

projecthalaxy posted:

So should i get an account with robinhood or etrade or what service

I want magic reddit money too

too late now. you’d be left holding the bag

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
Amc back on, lunch time

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

TDA didn't ban people from buying/selling GME, they banned buying calls (still, lol)

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I lost 50 bucks in one minute lmao

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

it's not that the finance analysts are worthless dumbass idiots; it's that their talents are utterly loving wasted making some hedge fund freak money instead of doing literally anything else

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

dang elton john really looks like hell

Lucy in the Sky with STONKS
Rocket Man (I think GME is going a long, long way TO THE MOON)

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

God bless you maniacs with money. Premo entertainment at work.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

dead gay comedy forums posted:

not NUMBER, the ticker hahahaha

buddy the only ticker I care about is my heart, and it's telling me that number? it goes up

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Eight-Six posted:

one stock please, por favor

cup your hands while i bend over

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Aardvark posted:

God bless you maniacs with money. Premo entertainment at work.
I put in 200 last night then emptied it after I made 400, I set aside the original 200 which I want to keep so now I'm just playing with play money

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Fellatio del Toro posted:

when u dump but she still pumpin

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

1stGear posted:

So I didn't actually manage to get 100 bucks of AMC at like 8 dollars yesterday since I'm an idiot, but I for real now have some AMC and NOK and have lost 13 dollars so far today! TO THE MOON BABY

yeeeeeah boi

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

mila kunis posted:

i hope this is over by next week so i can come back to this thread to read about the shipping industry

This thread was kind of low on container talk when that poo poo was blowing up last fall tbh.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Nokia is only gaining while I listen To The Moon and Back by Savage Garden on repeat

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

trying to decide between nok and AMC rn

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SpaceCadetBob posted:

This is feeling very similar to 'black panthers standing on the statehouse steps with guns' territory.

so when do the extrajudicial murders of day traders start?

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

buddy the only ticker I care about is my heart, and it's telling me that number? it goes up

Mine is telling me cocaine is loving AWESOME

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

CuddleCryptid posted:

Heavy investments by people unfamiliar with the situation into worthless penny stocks with the hope that someone on the internet will decide to meme you into wealth, correct.

A lot of people are going to underestimate what went into making this stuff happen and lose everything gambling.

compound them losing their shirts with the market elite banning/giving trouble to the small time investors and they risk becoming a scapegoat. people will be clamoring for blood instead of money. i feel this could also coincide with the monetary squeeze people have been feeling for a year and...

poo poo i don't know but strap in:

chaos reigns

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/dinosaurthe3rd/status/1354475663881891842?s=20

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
cnbc guy calling everyone babies

"they are the future of the market" lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Taintrunner posted:

too late now. you’d be left holding the bag

frown

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nokia is moving again.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Greataval posted:

I loving love gambling so much

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
I've been unemployed for a year because of the pandemic but i have a math background and im experiencing number-induced euphoria, mr cumshitter, sir, what certification do i need to get in order to get hired at some stupidass money management firm?? Making number do gymnastics is my passion and i would like to buy weed with other people's money. Thank u.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shageletic posted:

trying to decide between nok and AMC rn

America loves the movies, baby!!!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Hatebag posted:

This cowboy looks like he belongs in sex criminal jail

dunno I'd say he would do less damage to the world and feel more at home in a landfill of tacky sofas

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Sure seems like the money ghouls don't wont the market to be free at all

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Stock market to enter the :coolzone:

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Gringostar posted:

so when do the extrajudicial murders of day traders start?

Honestly,

If this fun and games goes on a for more than a few days, then without a doubt capital is going to force the gov to do something about it.

More likely this all ends today or tomorrow with a whole bunch of robinhooders going broke holding worthless poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

skooma512 posted:

Stock market to enter the :coolzone: