Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

fridge corn posted:

I've downloaded monster hunter world and persona 5. Cant wait to fill up my trophy list with 2% completion games

Join the dark side, my student....

Also friend me up me and you and bp need to go on wacky adventures and wear dinosaur heads as a hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I friended a bunch of pubbies in the 4 years I played TLOU online and a handful of them still play nearly every day and occasionally send me invites. I don't think people realize what a die hard cult following it has.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

lol do I even bother having a glimmer of hope I'll be able to get even this stupid gamestop bundle

Edit: lol the answer is no, switching back to "this loving sucks" mode

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 27, 2021

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

bradzilla posted:

What's the deal with Control? The trailer doesn't make it look all that interesting.

its a third person shooter metroidvania with really fun shooter mechanics, great graphics and a cool setting

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The best thing about Control is by far the setting. The metroidvania powers and shooter mechanics are all very by-the-numbers, in my own opinion, so if you don't care about the weird quasi-SCP Remedy plotline, then it might not hold your attention for long.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
PS+ has been pretty good recently

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

lol do I even bother having a glimmer of hope I'll be able to get even this stupid gamestop bundle

Edit: lol the answer is no, switching back to "this loving sucks" mode

Is my math really wrong on this or is this a giant ripoff?

That bundle is paying $260 for
- A pile of crappy merch, really, who's going to wear a PS beanie?
- An extra controller + $70
- Two games + $70 + $60 . Although, would you really pay full retail launch price for a platformer?
- A $20 GS gift card + $20 Better use it quick before they go into receivership.

So at this price you are paying GS ~ $40 for the privilege of throwing away some branded crap left over from a tradeshow.
This has a feel of gamestop getting in on the ebay scalper industry.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

smoobles posted:

Maybe my settings are hosed but Monster Hunter looks like poo poo, idk man

everything clips through everything else and the animations are all awful

you are on crack smoobs

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It doesn't look like it's going to get easier to find PS5s anytime soon. AMD projects general chip shortages through the first half of 2021, with consoles especially impacted. https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-smashes-earnings-records-again-chip-shortages-to-last-until-second-half-of-2021 And they reiterate for the umpteenth time that this is due to unexpected demand, not unexpected supply problems.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What is concrete genie

Its a sony 1st party adventure stealth game about overcoming bullying with puzzles solved via making art.

I bought it cause it looked cool but the creative tools are not deep at all you basically just stretch and warp premade stamps and can progress no matter how lovely a job you do of meeting the criteria you need.

Its pretty well made orherwise until the 3rd act introduces some clunky combat.

The story as i mentioned earlier is very pro-forgiving bullies because they had a rough life which is kinda bs imo but ymmv.

Id rate it a 6 or 7 outta 10

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Uh there's a queue up on ps direct.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Meridian posted:

Uh there's a queue up on ps direct.

The cycle never ends...

Edit:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 27, 2021

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Good luck to any goons trying to get it from the PSD queue. open in 1 minute

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Good luck to any goons trying to get it from the PSD queue. open in 1 minute

Snagged one for the bedroom to use as a 4k player.

Thanks.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The cycle never ends...

Edit:

This was me last december each time

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

Detective No. 27 posted:

Very cool that Control Ultimate Edition is free.

Very uncool that I spent $20 on it a couple months ago waiting for the PS5 version.

Yeah, I usually just sort of laugh it off when I buy a game that goes on Plus 2 weeks later, but this one kind of stings because I was dumb enough to buy the Ultimate Edition to futureproof when I shouldn't have had to do that poo poo in the first place.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Are the discless models still close to nonexistent?

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed

Rinkles posted:

Are the discless models still close to nonexistent?

I got a digital last week from Best Buy and am picking it up today, so it's not impossible!

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

you are on crack smoobs

thank you, that solved it

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

Anybody else having issues with laggy controls on Cyber Shadow on PS5 hardware. (Controls lag with both PS4 and PS5 version of the game on the PS5)?

But it's perfectly smooth when playing on the PS4 hardware?

Cyber Shadow has been smooth on PS5 for me. Try restarting your PS5, and check your TV if it's in Game Mode?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

My best friend snagged a PS5 for me, as my mom got me an IOU one PS5 for Christmas. So now I have it. Initial impresions:

-The controller feels really good in my hands, but the buttons feel a little... Too smooth? Like when I press X on a PS4 theres a definite click in and click out. On PS5 it doesn't always feel like that. Otherwise the controller feels as good iny hands as the Switch Pro controller which is my highest compliment.

-The unit itself is MASSIVE. I stood it upright because it secures with a screw. Laying it flat, it still slid off when I was trying to adjust it. Still a heckin chonker of a console.

-It looks damned pretty and interface and menus are smooth and easier to navigate. Download speeds are faster and I don't feel like I'm waiting for the store or anything else to load.

So now I basically have the option to.... Play a bunch of PS4 games? I'm probably gonna play AssCreed Valhalla since it has a free upgrade, and maybe some No Man's Skynif my save carries over, but yeah, it could definitely use some more exciting launch titles. Or any titles.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fridge corn posted:

My ps5 strangely does not turn my tv and receiver on automatically when I turn it on like the ps4 did

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

does CEC work? I have a newer TV and can’t control the PS5 UI with the smart remote

Trying to sell their media remote :argh:

Mine works exactly like my PS4 did but I had to turn the settings back on. I have a Samsung and if you unplug an HDMI and replace it with something else it defaults all the useful stuff like CEC and Game Mode to off.

Edit: I used to be able to hold the back button to go back to the homepage and that doesn't work anymore, probably because the buttholes reversed the PS button click/hold functions in the 5.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 27, 2021

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, my PS5 is going to be ready for pickup on Saturday. Been moving and deleting stuff from my PS4 in preparation (gf will be playing two skyrims [vr and regular, regular with that new 60fps90FOV mod] and rdr2, while I got Fall Guys and Genshin Impact ready, and a copy of Spider-man Miles Morales sitting on my desk)

what's the most pretty game I should look into getting? I'll probably hop on the new Hitman series when it goes on sale, but I really wanna get my mind blown or something. Apparently the new CoD really uses the new controller?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

what's the most pretty game I should look into getting?

IMO Miles Morales is the best looking video game ever made, especially the hair, skin and lighting. Your mind will get fukd.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MorningMoon posted:

what's the most pretty game I should look into getting? I'll probably hop on the new Hitman series when it goes on sale, but I really wanna get my mind blown or something. Apparently the new CoD really uses the new controller?

Hitman 3 has hands down the most impressive environment and lighting I've ever seen.

Character models are still basic as hell PS4, but god drat the world itself is gorgeous.

Miles Morales is the opposite. Really basic PS4 environments, but the character models are incredible.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Demon Souls is the only one that felt like it took full advantage of the PS5 hardware in its lighting and environmental detail. Hitman 3 and Miles Morales look good but are clearly built on last gen models.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah Demons Souls looks like a game that shows up a year or two after launch and makes you think oh here's the real next-gen graphics. Crazy that it was available on day one.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Saxophone posted:

My best friend snagged a PS5 for me, as my mom got me an IOU one PS5 for Christmas. So now I have it. Initial impresions:

-The controller feels really good in my hands, but the buttons feel a little... Too smooth? Like when I press X on a PS4 theres a definite click in and click out. On PS5 it doesn't always feel like that. Otherwise the controller feels as good iny hands as the Switch Pro controller which is my highest compliment.

-The unit itself is MASSIVE. I stood it upright because it secures with a screw. Laying it flat, it still slid off when I was trying to adjust it. Still a heckin chonker of a console.

-It looks damned pretty and interface and menus are smooth and easier to navigate. Download speeds are faster and I don't feel like I'm waiting for the store or anything else to load.

So now I basically have the option to.... Play a bunch of PS4 games? I'm probably gonna play AssCreed Valhalla since it has a free upgrade, and maybe some No Man's Skynif my save carries over, but yeah, it could definitely use some more exciting launch titles. Or any titles.

Play Astro. Anyhow, the Plus Collection, for anyone who doesn't have all those games, is a nice tide-over. Hopefully HFW and R&C by summer.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

acksplode posted:

Yeah Demons Souls looks like a game that shows up a year or two after launch and makes you think oh here's the real next-gen graphics. Crazy that it was available on day one.

And the hosed up part is that I'll never see 95% of those graphics because it's so soul crushingly difficult that I gave up on the first level.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Hitman 3 has hands down the most impressive environment and lighting I've ever seen.

Character models are still basic as hell PS4, but god drat the world itself is gorgeous.

Miles Morales is the opposite. Really basic PS4 environments, but the character models are incredible.

The second it hits a sale, then. I've never bought any of those games and I want all that content.

Cacator posted:

Demon Souls is the only one that felt like it took full advantage of the PS5 hardware in its lighting and environmental detail. Hitman 3 and Miles Morales look good but are clearly built on last gen models.

I'll keep it in mind, but I really don't care to get into Souls games. I have way more fun seeing other people fumble through them.

I guess Astro, Miles, Genshin (went from playing 2 hours on a vanilla PS4 to waiting for the PS5) and another playthrough of Wonderful 101 will tide me over for a good while.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

smoobles posted:

And the hosed up part is that I'll never see 95% of those graphics because it's so soul crushingly difficult that I gave up on the first level.

smoobles, you can beat Demon's Souls. we believe in you.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I started up Resident Evil 7 on my PS5, and the skybox is super weird:

It looks like some weird HDR stuff, maybe? The rest of the game looks okay so far. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off HDR in the display options. Is there anything that'll fix this?

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

smoobles posted:

I used to be too intimidated to get into the souls games until Demon's Souls and then once the level design clicked for me and I understood the pain and suffering and repetition were all part of the process I got hooked.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Cacator posted:

I used to be too intimidated to get into the souls games until Demon's Souls and then once the level design clicked for me and I understood the pain and suffering and repetition were all part of the process I got hooked.

I think Souls games are where the first one feels like the hardest? Cause Demon's Souls was the easiest one I've ever played, but I've been in the Souls realm for a while and I spent like 3-4 hours on the first pre-boss area of Bloodborne at least

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

a foolish pianist posted:

I started up Resident Evil 7 on my PS5, and the skybox is super weird:

It looks like some weird HDR stuff, maybe? The rest of the game looks okay so far. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn off HDR in the display options. Is there anything that'll fix this?

That looks fuckin dope tbf

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I have never seen a graphics glitch that looks anything like that before.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Necrothatcher posted:

smoobles, you can beat Demon's Souls. we believe in you.

I can't and I won't. I play video games to escape the stress of my real life, not to place myself in an even more stressful situation.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Dirt 5 is weird, some of the tracks look very blah but the lighting on a few of them is loving incredible

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i want to see next get ff7r 👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Demon's Souls isn't very twitchy. Just take your time and you'll get the hang of it.