Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
When I looked at wsb earlier today there was a big topic suggesting kicking out anyone who hadn't been a member for at least 6 months so the subreddit thing may just be that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

You've got to know when to hodl 'em, know when to fodl 'em,

Know when to walk away, know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the keyboard,

There'll be time enough for countin' when the S.E.C come.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

cumshitter posted:

its the best idea anyuone has ever had

just a reminder: if you maxed out your credit cards today you can go to a non-branch ATM and max out your cash advances too

cumshitter does your 49.50 year old rear end knows about discord

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin
All this blowback is seriously making me reconsider passing up on GameStop. And if I'm thinking that, other people behind a desk are thinking that too. We have a sort of hive mind. Sometimes we work in perfect synchronicity, like a school of thousands of little fish mysteriously and instantaneously changing direction all at once to dazzle and defeat larger predators.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the banhammer has gone soft and flaccid

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
/r/stocks is is read only mode after wsb moved over there en masse. they also deleted all the wsb posts but left up the ones that are like "it's okay not to buy meme stocks" and "i'm worried about young inexperienced retail investors"

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Just steal the atm, by the time they arrest you you will have enough money to beat the case.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Holy poo poo AMC is doing *slide whistle*

the house always wins

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

lol vanguard is saying it'll be 3-7 days to verify my account

will there even be stocks by then?

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Not a Children posted:

lmao I just realized this poo poo is going to be taught in finance classes until the American empire collapses in 2027

love to see a bit of optimism in this thread for a change

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
Don't knock Nokia. Best phone ever made.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Atrocious Joe posted:

watch this incident be what gets Elon Musk in actual trouble. he's the only rich person publicly on the retail investor side in this because he needs those idiots to keep inflating Tesla stock

He was always too dumb to sit at the big kids capitalist table

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Schwza posted:

Don't knock Nokia. Best phone ever made.

The N-Gage was ahead of its time

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

/r/smallstreetbets
/r/wallstreetbets2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vasukhani posted:

can wsb just keep doing this until the stock market collapses

we're going to find out

MEGA THREAD RETARD
Jan 26, 2021

by vyelkin

projecthalaxy posted:

lol vanguard is saying it'll be 3-7 days to verify my account

will there even be stocks by then?

Take your experience as a sign that there's more people like you, clamoring to get in, and who may do so on that very timetable.

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Kaiji was a documentary

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Shipon posted:

chris loving cilizza already said that it was trumpism making people dislike hedge funds

these loving ghouls

I don't have enough balls to invest but godspeed to all you wild posters

people have hated hedge funds since they ate poo poo in '08 and then passed on capital gains taxes to the owners

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Koirhor posted:

it was fun while it lasted but capital was never gonna have it with this poo poo, just like how we have to open er up!

we’re getting further and further away from being able to force a reckoning and I fear it’s too late, we’ll all get eaten alive by fascism in the next decade.

lmao STONKS!

I will simply pay the fash not to murder me with my meme stonk winnings :smug:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/relentlessbored/status/1354495512892887044?s=21

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Does Robinhood still have gift cards? I remember seeing that poo poo a while back.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
woops turns out that learning what the jargon means just breaks the system

very cool

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
wait my bad i mean mutual funds

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

cumshitter posted:

people have hated hedge funds since they ate poo poo in '08 and then passed on capital gains taxes to the owners

Rainbow Six True Patriots

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

chris loving cilizza already said that it was trumpism making people dislike hedge funds

these loving ghouls

I don't have enough balls to invest but godspeed to all you wild posters
i saw the headline and the connection is poor because it's not about trump and making that connection is intentionally lolling, but "trumpism" in the Mark Blyth or Matt Christman sense of the word probably isn't entirely wrong

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Does it make sense to buy AMC right now given how low it is and how much nerd rage could fuel its rise? On the other hand my app says all analysts say to hold or sell not to buy

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
oh im sorry, you were talking about stonks with 2 or more people without an ivy league diploma. That's terrorism

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paradoxish posted:

also I haven't been paying attention to any of this since like 2pm and I have no idea what's going on, but I pocketed all of my initial buy-in plus a nice profit so I'm just letting this poo poo ride until friday

I have been paying but in the same boat, cashed out and used a teensy bit for NOK for the Lulz. whatever I make from it I'll probably donated to the Goon Fund since I gotta pay it forward. Friday is gonna be good poo poo no matter what happens

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ok my retirement savings are gone. oh well. you know what they say. accountants are bad with money. mechanics drive lovely cars. proctologists never wipe. and im poor

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Yossarian-22 posted:

Does it make sense to buy AMC right now given how low it is and how much nerd rage could fuel its rise? On the other hamd my app says all analysts say to hold or sell not to buy

your first mistake is assuming that any of this ever made sense in any way, shape, or form

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lmao, just lmao if you didn't buy at the bottom and sell at the top, per the VERY SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!!!

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

cumshitter posted:

wait my bad i mean mutual funds

mutual funds are middle class things so teachers can retire

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

soup. posted:

After Hours isn't something you should pay attention to, especially now that you have seen open market manipulation like what happened today. The volume is low, the prices are easy as hell to manipulate by even midsized players, and nothing matters until the market is allowed to open and cards are shown tomorrow and Friday.

What I do know for certain: we've got em spooked. I haven't had television or internet access, but I have seen glimpses of the planted articles, the results of panicked calls to congressmen and senators, and an apparent attempt to crack down on open online forums that just talk about stocks like they're q anon cells planning a second insurrection.

To me, that's a tell. That telegraphs fear. Massive vulnerability. That's my signal to lockjaw onto whatever part of these people I'm apparently hurting enough to make them scream.

I walked into the ER at work and the first thing I hear is people talking about AMC and the new Gamestop style play.

They can ban whoever they gently caress they want, cat is out of the bag.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Red Baron posted:

Reddit being a joint NSA/CIA op makes entirely too much sense for this version of the simulation.

thiel was one of reddit's first investors

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

cumshitter posted:

This was one of the things i liked about r/wsb. Is that there was both leftist and rightists gambling hand in hand there. Politics did not divide our addiction to tendies, even if i didn't like some of language used there it was still a bastion of dumb hot takes that may or may not explode fabulously. Today has shown that only r/WSB can unite the country not biden.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

Does it make sense to buy AMC right now given how low it is and how much nerd rage could fuel its rise? On the other hand my app says all analysts say to hold or sell not to buy

don't trust your eyes trust only the popcorn mad money says BUY

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

cumshitter posted:

ok my retirement savings are gone. oh well. you know what they say. accountants are bad with money. mechanics drive lovely cars. proctologists never wipe. and im poor

wow so im an accountant, mechanic, proctologist, and poor?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

amc is down what it'll take 20 minutes to make up tmrow

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Vox Nihili posted:

Lmao, just lmao if you didn't buy at the bottom and sell at the top, per the VERY SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

THIS!!!! 📉🚀📈