Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Schadenboner posted:

Oh hey, S3 of Disenchantment dropped!

:peanut:

There are a few chuckles but it's not good overall OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

AnimeIsTrash posted:

There are a few chuckles but it's not good overall OP.

hosed-up if true!

:ohdear:

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

hosed-up if true!

:ohdear:

As a standalone it's not too bad but it inevitably gets compared against Futurama which it can't hold a candle to.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
sorta started rewatching Evangelion and got drat that hits a lot harder than when I was younger. those kids go through an insane amount of trauma. I’d forgot about the part where unit 01’s face plate falls off and Shinji screams in absolute terror

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
to be fair "the part where shinji screams in terror" is not very specific

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i watched the trailer for godzilla vs king kong and now i'm idly wondering if kong ever throws his poop

i bet he could have taken down those biplanes with a flung turd the size of a city bus

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2kynMzTqu4

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night i watch shin godzilla after a bunch of weed and with the stereo volume at like 82% and it was WONDERFUL

i freaked out really hard at the 'larval' godzilla with the gills and big eyes

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

last night i watch shin godzilla after a bunch of weed and with the stereo volume at like 82% and it was WONDERFUL

best parts was the laser scene, and the part with the cement trucks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

lol yeah hes the best part hes just so goofy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmao yes the best part was where they attacked a world-ending kaiju with the exact same tactic they'd use to express pour a new sidewalk

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a crush on the messy hair nerd girl that talks in a flat affect the whole film. she's wonderful

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

please, may i text you, if you like

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if I had to combat a world ending kaiju I would simply put a bomb in its mouth and blow up its head to death.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i would nicely ask it to stop ending the world. maybe make it a nice card out of construction paper and glitter, really go all out

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i would combat the menace through radical acts of self-care. i may not defeat it but would still be worth it imo

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i do wash my hair, sir, but i do not wash my hair at you

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao yes the best part was where they attacked a world-ending kaiju with the exact same tactic they'd use to express pour a new sidewalk

also just dropping the evangelion briefing/exposition music in when they did the briefing/exposition.

worst part was the 'US ambassador'

Trimson Grondag 3 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 28, 2021

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
my favorite part of that movie is where the one dude keeps collecting titles because no one wants to take responsibility

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

also just dropping the evangelion briefing/exposition music in when they did the briefing/exposition.

Well, it was directed by Hideaki Anno, right? I think he did evangelion.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

working my way thru the shaw bros on prime and just watched five fingers of death, thats some good poo poo right there

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Well, it was directed by Hideaki Anno, right? I think he did evangelion.

yes it's ridiculously Anno. i was seeing the exact same camera shots that he used all over eva and of course it's hard to miss the six times Decisive Battle shows up. I loved it.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Jonny 290 posted:

please, may i text you, if you like

Mikako Ichikawa is the name if you are that thirsty

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

is that the lady whos supposed to be japanese-american but her accent speaking english is so bad

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i feel like i've watched the best shaw bros and it's time to move on

there's some kurosawa movies i haven't seen, and i haven't watched any of em for a very long time so i'll probably go with that for a while. i also grabbed a bunch of fellini films i havent seen, maybe ill check those out. ngl though, some dubs/english-language would be nice cause puppy jones needs a lot of attention

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bhodi posted:

my favorite part of that movie is where the one dude keeps collecting titles because no one wants to take responsibility

that and everyone over him keeps getting killed so he gets promoted to replace them.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bump_fn posted:

is that the lady whos supposed to be japanese-american but her accent speaking english is so bad

I watched the dub so I can't say for sure. With the dub she just appeared to be "japanese person, but flirtier than normal, with a Rawhide Kobiyashi name"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

bump_fn posted:

edit: just went and checked, satomi ishihara is the one playing a japanese-american
shes supposed to be the daughter of a hawaiian senator who is japanese-american as well
in real life the actress was cast and then told she had six months to learn english

duz fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 28, 2021

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I see that the Babylon 5 1080p remasters are now up to watch on "HBO MAX" for those of you with a subscription to that particular service.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I see that the Babylon 5 1080p remasters are now up to watch on "HBO MAX" for those of you with a subscription to that particular service.

check amazon prime as well.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
had a quick look at the first ep and it looks p. decent

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why is there still no fuckin HD version of the abyss

watched it again last two nights and it's so drat good and it would be stunning in 4k but noooooooo james cameron gotta be a weenie and pretend that he's making avatar sequels instead of re-releasing movies that people ACTUALLY WANT TO WATCH

ugh

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

was it here or elsewhere someone said cameron said he didn’t have the 28 hours required to approve the color on the rerelease

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PCjr sidecar posted:

was it here or elsewhere someone said cameron said he didn’t have the 28 hours required to approve the color on the rerelease

different thread but it was in the pos.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah that was me the other day when i was looking for an hd version before watching it. i'm still mad

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8YnaGc3zY

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

duz posted:

edit: just went and checked, satomi ishihara is the one playing a japanese-american
shes supposed to be the daughter of a hawaiian senator who is japanese-american as well
in real life the actress was cast and then told she had six months to learn english

I didn't know that, it's better than my Japanese would be after six months. I also liked the main guy being the one who as to be calmed down by his colleagues a few times, the organisational/character stuff is the best.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

I watched the dub

:negative:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnYP1yzSe5E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/widdifulsa/status/1355123318484045827?s=21

lol