Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
imagine a $1500 huge loving phablet with dozens of cameras stomping on a yosposter's face

forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

imagine a $1500 huge loving phablet with dozens of cameras stomping on a yosposter's face

forever
this is one way to gently caress and cum in computer and I personally will not kinkshame

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

apple still sells ipods apparently. didn't know that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nomnom Cookie posted:

apple still sells ipods apparently. didn't know that

yeah they're just old iphones with the cellular modem removed at this point (design-wise, not literally)

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
the 10.2" ipad is the best digital thing you can get for $280 or whatever you can get 'em for

they are just great

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i dunno, the cheapest one is only 32gig and i think that's way too small if you ever want to download movies and stuff. my old ipad mini is 16g and is mostly unusable due to that. i think most people might benefit from paying the $100 for 128g. or maybe just nerds like me

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

haveblue posted:

yeah they're just old iphones with the cellular modem removed at this point (design-wise, not literally)
they're also about the size of an iphone 5

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
which iPad Pro Air Pro is the regular sized iPad that actually got the new processor?

edit: remember when Wall Street basically demanded that every company even marginally involved in selling tech products develop an iPad competitor? LOL good times.

Doc Block fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 28, 2021

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Achmed Jones posted:

i dunno, the cheapest one is only 32gig and i think that's way too small if you ever want to download movies and stuff. my old ipad mini is 16g and is mostly unusable due to that. i think most people might benefit from paying the $100 for 128g. or maybe just nerds like me

it’s 2021 and downloading movies is pretty niche. 32gig is easily enough for a cross country flight. are you putting whole seasons of anime’s on there or something

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kenny Logins posted:

they're also about the size of an iphone 5

They do have headphone jacks, though...

Nomnom Cookie posted:

it’s 2021 and downloading movies is pretty niche. 32gig is easily enough for a cross country flight. are you putting whole seasons of anime’s on there or something

I mean, if you're shooting a lot of photos or video (which the children who are the target market for these things will almost certainly be doing), 32gb will fill up fast.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

idk man i just generate tim some services revenue to make it not my problem

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
having to janitor what music you have on your device at the moment is obnoxious compared to being able to just dump it all on there

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

wearables, home and accessories

i'm guessing accessories is doing some heavy lifting there

oh, are we doing this again?

according to the call, wearables is now the size of a fortune 120 company. fortune puts that threshold at almost exactly 20 billion dollars in annual revenue. over the last four quarters, wearables, home, and accessories has had 33.5 billion in revenue. so wearables are probably about 60% of that

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

yeah the Apple Watch is Apple’s fastest growing product by far. their ultimate goal is to get every iPhone user to wear an Apple Watch and it’s moving very quickly toward that target.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I haven’t worn my watch since March and I don’t miss it at all. going back to a real watch when I have to leave the house again.

also these earnings were loving insane.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i will never wear an iwatch

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Plorkyeran posted:

having to janitor what music you have on your device at the moment is obnoxious compared to being able to just dump it all on there
bitching about not having access to literally every single piece of music you own in a handheld device is even more obnoxious

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

fart simpson posted:

i will never wear an iwatch

They're dope as hell, though.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rjmccall posted:

oh, are we doing this again?

according to the call, wearables is now the size of a fortune 120 company. fortune puts that threshold at almost exactly 20 billion dollars in annual revenue. over the last four quarters, wearables, home, and accessories has had 33.5 billion in revenue. so wearables are probably about 60% of that

yeah, i guess we'll probably keep doing it until they release sales numbers for wearables that aren't also tied to the accessories they no longer include with but are required for all those phones they sell

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

ah yes those high volume, high margin parts of ‘usb charger’ and ‘corded headphone’

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
maybe homepod is selling like hotcakes, we'll never know for sure

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Apple won’t release sales numbers for watches. they used to be very transparent about device numbers. analysts became hyper-focused on these numbers and how they’re trending. so now they don’t get numbers, and we don’t get articles predicting doom every time Apple makes one hundred billion dollars but phone sales are flat in some region.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
sure apple may have just sold more than $111 billion worth of stuff in just 90 days but as a noted shitposter on a dying forum about funy computer i can say with confidence that they are really circling the drain, just like they have every quarter for the last 25 years

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

did anyone say that?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

was that the one where the license information was printed on a little slide-out plastic card?

yeah, i forgot about that

the impossibly hard to find cellular models used it as a sim tray, too, so it both reduced the need for different case designs and also confused many owners into thinking they could use sd or sim cards

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
dankpods made a good case for still having an iPod, it won’t interrupt your music if you get a phone call, which sounds nice, unless there’s a way to turn that off on iPhone

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

dankpods made a good case for still having an iPod, it won’t interrupt your music if you get a phone call, which sounds nice, unless there’s a way to turn that off on iPhone

do not disturb?

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
i would like to get notifications for emails and stuff without having music muted by the endless spam calls and i don't think there's an option for that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there's always the nuclear option of auto-blocking all phone numbers that are not in your contacts

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
just pop out the sim card

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

haveblue posted:

there's always the nuclear option of auto-blocking all phone numbers that are not in your contacts

if you're not applying for a job, not waiting for a delivery driver who gets lost, or don't need random people calling your personal phone for some reason, then this is the answer

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

haveblue posted:

widespread use of this seems like it has increased the incidence of spam voicemails and text messages, though maybe those just seem more frequent now because those are all the spam i get notificadtions for

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

being outside the US with “caller pays” and higher tariffs for making phone calls to cell phones vs landlines makes spam calling essentially non-existent, except for more targeted scams (idiot/grandparent entering their phone number on a bitcoin ad on facebook, etc)

i havent had spam calls in years, almost forgot they existed

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/1354804984836026371?s=21

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the pot has something to say about the colour of the kettle

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

being outside the US with “caller pays” and higher tariffs for making phone calls to cell phones vs landlines makes spam calling essentially non-existent, except for more targeted scams (idiot/grandparent entering their phone number on a bitcoin ad on facebook, etc)

i havent had spam calls in years, almost forgot they existed

tbh I don't think I've ever had one in my life

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

infernal machines posted:

the pot calling the kettle space gray

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

hahahhaha

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008